Author Topic: Phil on SuperByns and Kwame  (Read 3448 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Phil on SuperByns and Kwame
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2006, 05:01:13 PM »
W.O.W. I really do hate to have to explain EVERY detail.  The reason Wade, or any other primary scorer for a team, doesn't gaurd the opposing teams primary scorer is obvious, I won't bother since we've gone over it already.

Is that clearer or is the situation hopeless?
So Kobe was not guarding Gilbert Arenas in the 54 pointer the other night.  You cleared that up.
Now if you could clear up how
Plenty of Lakers have racked up 5 fouls in 7 minutes = Mark Madsen has got 5 fouls very quick.
I think we can wrap it up.  In the vault.

Actually, Kobe only guarded Gilbert Arenas later in the game.  By the time Kobe was switched onto him Arenas was already on fire and had a bulk of his points.  It pays to watch a game before you run your mouth.

See Reality I can't go back and name every single game at every single time when Laker players rack up a bunch of fouls.  I can tell you i've seen plenty of them rack up fouls very quick and the whole point of you bringing that up was to say that Lakers never get treated like that by refs.  So for me to name a time when a Laker has racked up 5 fouls very fast doesn't matter, it wasn't a trivia question, it was your way of saying the Lakers (no matter what) always get calls in their favor.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 05:06:22 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2006, 06:11:01 PM »
W.O.W. I really do hate to have to explain EVERY detail.  The reason Wade, or any other primary scorer for a team, doesn't gaurd the opposing teams primary scorer is obvious, I won't bother since we've gone over it already.

So Kobe was not guarding Gilbert Arenas in the 54 pointer the other night.  You cleared that up.
Plenty of Lakers have racked up 5 fouls in 7 minutes = Mark Madsen has got 5 fouls very quick.

Actually, Kobe only guarded Gilbert Arenas later in the game.  By the time Kobe was switched onto him Arenas was already on fire and had a bulk of his points.  It pays to watch a game before you run your mouth.

See Reality I can't go back and name every single game at every single time when Laker players rack up a bunch of fouls.  I can tell you i've seen plenty of them rack up fouls very quick and the whole point of you bringing that up was to say that Lakers never get treated like that by refs.  So for me to name a time when a Laker has racked up 5 fouls very fast doesn't matter, it wasn't a trivia question, it was your way of saying the Lakers (no matter what) always get calls in their favor.
Oh see I already knew Kobe guarded Arenas for the latter part of the 4th and OT.
How much are you paying?

As to your "Plenty of times" response producing zero time and subsequent backpedal, par for course.

Point of mine was it was quite a statical anamoly what was up with the calls on Bynum and yes, when have the Lakers ever had that happen?
Oldie but goodie, "Put up or shut up."
Vault.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 06:14:43 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2006, 07:37:20 PM »

Oh see I already knew Kobe guarded Arenas for the latter part of the 4th and OT.
How much are you paying?

As to your "Plenty of times" response producing zero time and subsequent backpedal, par for course.

Point of mine was it was quite a statical anamoly what was up with the calls on Bynum and yes, when have the Lakers ever had that happen?
Oldie but goodie, "Put up or shut up."
Vault.

It has happened plenty of times but I am not going to spend hours upon hours looking at every single game to see when it did.  Mark Madsen has not been on the Lakers for quite a few seasons now.

Since you are implying that the Lakers always get favorable calls so it is so crazy to see Bynum get 5 fouls in 7 minutes can you name any other team where a single player has got 5 fouls in 7 minutes?

If you cannot it shuts down what you are trying to get at by making the comment.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2006, 07:49:38 PM »
I watched this game. Wade was just unstoppable and Kobe was not playing particularly well.

All I can say is, Kobe never played the Kings like this and I really wish he would once in a while.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2006, 08:16:03 PM »
I watched this game. Wade was just unstoppable and Kobe was not playing particularly well.

All I can say is, Kobe never played the Kings like this and I really wish he would once in a while.
I heard Kobe was off and Wade played great.
In watching the game did you notice how Bynum got 5 in 7?

W.O.W. can you ask Steve Hartman which Lakers it's happened to before?  It's plenty, okay.
I think you could win the Loose Cannons trivia q and Lakers tickets.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2006, 02:34:11 PM »

I heard Kobe was off and Wade played great.
In watching the game did you notice how Bynum got 5 in 7?

W.O.W. can you ask Steve Hartman which Lakers it's happened to before?  It's plenty, okay.
I think you could win the Loose Cannons trivia q and Lakers tickets.

No, I didn't notice how Bynum did his scoring. If I was not enraptured by the play of Wade, I was either watching how much trouble Kobe was having even handling the ball, or watching Luke Walton. This kid does seem to have a high basketball IQ.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2006, 02:48:32 PM »
...or watching Luke Walton. This kid does seem to have a high basketball IQ.

Must have got it from his mother.   :D
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2006, 02:54:54 PM »

:D

Classic! 

Now, let's just hope he didn't inherit his durability from his father   :'(

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2006, 02:56:22 PM »
No, I didn't notice how Bynum did his scoring.
westkoast errr Jomal.
Fouls.  Bynum had 5 fouls in 7 minutes.
Lets just wait for Steve Hartman of the Loose Cannons to clear this up.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2006, 03:01:08 PM »

Oh, now....

Old man Pappa Walton understands the game of basketball just fine. But somewhere between the thought and the expression, the data gets a bit scrambled.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2006, 03:11:43 PM »
No, I didn't notice how Bynum did his scoring.
westkoast errr Jomal.
Fouls.  Bynum had 5 fouls in 7 minutes.
Lets just wait for Steve Hartman of the Loose Cannons to clear this up.

I'm confused (as usual).  What are you saying here, Reality, that the Lakers got screwed by the officials?  Are you feeling okay?  Don't you know that the NBA rigs games for the Lakers?  How do you think they've one the Championship the last six seasons?  Sheesh, get it together man.

I don't know how to check that stat, but I'm certain many Lakers have picked up 5 in 7 mins over the years.  Heck, that probably happend to Chris Mihm multiple times last season  :D

The fact that you listen to Loose Cannons is just perfect.  That show and you are a match made in heaven! 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2006, 03:20:37 PM »
I'm confused (as usual).  What are you saying here, Reality, that the Lakers got screwed by the officials?  Are you feeling okay?  Don't you know that the NBA rigs games for the Lakers?  How do you think they've one the Championship the last six seasons?  Sheesh, get it together man.

I don't know how to check that stat, but I'm certain many Lakers have picked up 5 in 7 mins over the years.  Heck, that probably happend to Chris Mihm multiple times last season  :D

The fact that you listen to Loose Cannons is just perfect.  That show and you are a match made in heaven! 
Thank you.  I've lunched with Steve Hartman on several occassions.  He is indeed fair and balanced.

Lakers being screwed by refs.  Well, Armeggedon is nearing.
I'm asking how Bynum got 5 in 7.  But neither of the two who saw the game (westkoast and Jomal) have a clue.

Turn your radio on ;D........

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2006, 04:44:41 PM »
^^^ I saw the game too.  I can't recall every call on Bynum, but why does it matter?  A couple of them were probably legit and a couple were ticky tack.  It happens ... I don't understand why you care.

Reality, hate to break this to you but Steve Hartman is just playing his role on the show.  Vic and Mychal's role are the resident Laker homers and the producers of the show need a counterpart to create debates.  In comes Hartman.  It's calculated as are almost all of these cheezy sports talk radio shows.  He's as big a Laker fan as anyone and he's a complete UCLA homer.  He has a vast kowledge of sports trivia, I'll give him that.  Other than that, he's just annoying. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2006, 07:04:42 PM »
^^^ I saw the game too.  I can't recall every call on Bynum, but why does it matter?  A couple of them were probably legit and a couple were ticky tack.  It happens ... I don't understand why you care. 
I believe Steve Hartman will verify Byns 5 in 7 is a very rare Laker statistical anomaly.  It doesn't "happen" but once in a Laker lunar moon period.
Why you don't want me to pursue the answer and in the process possibly win you, W.O.W. and westkoast tickets to a Laker game is baffling.

msc Reality, hate to break this to you but Steve Hartman is just playing his role on the show.  Vic and Mychal's role are the resident Laker homers and the producers of the show need a counterpart to create debates.  In comes Hartman.  It's calculated as are almost all of these cheezy sports talk radio shows.  He's as big a Laker fan as anyone and he's a complete UCLA homer.  He has a vast kowledge of sports trivia, I'll give him that.  Other than that, he's just annoying. 
Have you heard the story of how he became a UCLA homer?  His Dad went to USC and Steve was headed that way too.
I believe Hartman is very much how he is on the radio.  Of course the formatt has them turn any Laker issue into a Hartman vs Vic n Mychal, i get it.
My question is are Vic n Mychal like that on Laker issues outside the airwaves?  Scary.  Please tell me they are not.