Author Topic: Phil on SuperByns and Kwame  (Read 3459 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Phil on SuperByns and Kwame
« on: December 26, 2006, 01:37:33 PM »
Dec 25th DWades roasting Kobe on an open fire, I mean Kobes flulike symptoms being the only reason he went 4-17 0-4 treys while playing lockdown defense on Wade had an interesting Center situation.

After Phildos relegating Bynum to the bench following his lateness to a practice, his minutes have picked up.  But Brown has been getting many more.

Dec
Kwamster 28.5 minutes (+4 from Nov)
Bynum 15.4 (down 5 from Nov)

"Bynum racked up five fouls in just seven minutes of action Monday" so that skews his stats a bit.
How does a Laker rack up 5 fouls in 7 minutes?  Is this history making?

Cook has been starting the last 3 or so games.

Back to the point, why is Phils rotation changing at the Center?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Phil on SuperByns and Kwame
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 01:59:38 PM »
#1 Kobe was not the main defender on Wade the entire game (he was actually guarding Wright too and Phil put Mo Evans on Wade much like he put Mo Evans on Vince Carter because Kobe was sick) but it was poor team defense that allowed Wade to go off.  Poor rotations gave Wade alot of easy buckets and the AT&T defense got him to the line.  Especially in that first quarter.  Kobe was sick though and had been sick in the previous game the Lakers played in NJ.

#2 Plenty of Lakers have racked up 5 fouls in 7 minutes.  Lame attempt at baiting.  You could have tried a little harder on this one.  The reason Bynum was racking up fouls is that he often bites on head fakes and does not quite react quick enough to rotate on a number of plays.

#3 Cook has been starting because he knows the offense better then Vlade "Is a square like a triangle?" Radmonvich.

#4 Bynum has played more minutes because Kwame has got himself into foul trouble quite a bit in the last few weeks.  Not to mention that Phil has been playing Bynum to motivate Kwame to block more shots.   The Lakers entire second unit has been getting more playing time because they've been playing pretty well over the last 5-8 games.  If you look at Farmar and Evans minutes  you will see they have increased this month also.   Since Bynum is the second units big man he has been inserted when the rest of the second unit comes in.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 02:56:18 PM »
westkoast
  #1 Kobe was not the main defender on Wade the entire game (he was actually guarding Wright too and Phil put Mo Evans on Wade much like he put Mo Evans on Vince Carter because Kobe was sick) but it was poor team defense that allowed Wade to go off.  Poor rotations gave Wade alot of easy buckets and the AT&T defense got him to the line.  Especially in that first quarter.  Kobe was sick though and had been sick in the previous game the Lakers played in NJ. 

Why not put Lockdown Kobe SG on Miamis SG?  Mo Evans played 22 minutes.  DWade played 41.  Leaves about 20 minutes.  Kobe was sick.

#2 Plenty of Lakers have racked up 5 fouls in 7 minutes.  Lame attempt at baiting.  You could have tried a little harder on this one.  The reason Bynum was racking up fouls is that he often bites on head fakes and does not quite react quick enough to rotate on a number of plays.
  Surely you can give Plenty of examples of Lakers racking up 5 in 7.

#4 Bynum has played more minutes because Kwame has got himself into foul trouble quite a bit in the last few weeks.  Not to mention that Phil has been playing Bynum to motivate Kwame to block more shots.   The Lakers entire second unit has been getting more playing time because they've been playing pretty well over the last 5-8 games.  If you look at Farmar and Evans minutes  you will see they have increased this month also.   Since Bynum is the second units big man he has been inserted when the rest of the second unit comes in. 
Why not play Bynum and Kwame at the same time for a spell?  Has Phil tried that and how did it go? 

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 03:37:42 PM »
Who was guarding Kobe?

Haven't we gone over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over this already?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 04:19:54 PM »
W.O.W.
Who was guarding Kobe?
21 year old Dorell Wright.  Riley put him on Kobe in part for the height advantage.  Riley did not inform him until day of the game.

Was he drafted out of h.s.?

Who was Kobe guarding? ;)

Haven't we gone over and over? 
No. This was Dorell Wrights 1st time (as in playingtime) facing the Lakers and The Kobster.
This is also Bynums 1st year of signifigant time.  So as to the question of he and Kwame being in together, its a new topic.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 04:27:50 PM »
westkoast

Why not put Lockdown Kobe SG on Miamis SG?  Mo Evans played 22 minutes.  DWade played 41.  Leaves about 20 minutes.  Kobe was sick.

Surely you can give Plenty of examples of Lakers racking up 5 in 7.

Why not play Bynum and Kwame at the same time for a spell?  Has Phil tried that and how did it go? 

Reality the simple answer, the one right in front of you, is because Kobe was sick.  Wade is a pain enough to guard when you are 100% it is even more hard when you have an infection in your lungs.  You know...the part of your body that helps you breathe?  ;D

Kobe Bryant played 37 minutes, so that actually left 16 or so minutes.  Mo Evans was guarding Wade for the same reason Evans was guarding Vince Carter the game before.

The Lakers cannot play Kwame and Bynum at the same time against most of the teams they face.  For one, Bynum tires pretty quickly still.  Kwame also starts to really lose it when he plays heavy heavy minutes.    Second, that usually pushes three shooters out of lineup, which in turn leaves less spacing for the big man that is in.  If you have one of them at the 4 that means Vlade, Brian Cook, or Lamar Odom do not come in.  Odom is out, so that is okay, however Brian and Vlade's jump shot helps spread the floor.  The second unit loves to drive and kick.  What good is driving and kicking if you don't have very many shooters?

[Reality] Why didn't they put Shaq on Bynum when he came in last night? [/Reality]

As for fouls, if you watched the game you would know that just the other day Kwame Brown had 3 fouls in about 5 minutes just the other day.  Mark Madsen was notorious for fouling.  Samaki Walker was also in the same category.  Chris Mihm?  That was one of the problems the Lakers had was that they were not deep enough and if Chris Mihm got into foul trouble they were pretty much screwed in the post.  Do you know why most players, including non-lakers, don't get 5 fouls in 7 minutes?  Because after a few they get benched.  Since the Lakers are short handed on the glass they cannot afford to sit Bynum out a entire game.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 05:34:23 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 06:00:33 PM »
westkoast
Reality the simple answer, the one right in front of you, is because Kobe was sick.   
Very simple.  Did you come to that conclusion by reading my post "Kobe was sick."?

Kobe Bryant played 37 minutes, so that actually left 16 or so minutes.  Mo Evans was guarding Wade for the same reason Evans was guarding Vince Carter the game before.
A game is 48 minutes.  The Kobester went 38.  Leaves 10 minutes. 
DWade played 41 minutes.  Mo Evans played 22 minutes.  Who guarded Wade the other 19 was my question?
Sick Kobe or another Laker?

Odom is out, so that is okay, however Brian and Vlade's jump shot helps spread the floor.  The second unit loves to drive and kick.  What good is driving and kicking if you don't have very many shooters?
So have Byns and Kwame been on the floor together the entire season?  Esp now since Odom is out.

[Reality] Why didn't they put Shaq on Bynum when he came in last night? [/Reality]
Because Shaq did not play last night.  However he did call Phil Jackson a Benedict Arnold.

As for fouls, if you watched the game you would know that just the other day Kwame Brown had 3 fouls in about 5 minutes just the other day. 
  No i didn't.  But i do know that Phillip Rivers started 0-9 as the Chargers quarterback before finishing with a game winning 37 yard t.d. pass.

Do you know why most players, including non-lakers, don't get 5 fouls in 7 minutes? 
Yes i do.  What i asked was
Reality
How does a Laker rack up 5 fouls in 7 minutes?  Is this history making?
To which you responded: westkoast
#2 Plenty of Lakers have racked up 5 fouls in 7 minutes.  Lame attempt at baiting.  You could have tried a little harder on this one. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 11:22:50 AM »
westkoast
Reality the simple answer, the one right in front of you, is because Kobe was sick.   
Very simple.  Did you come to that conclusion by reading my post "Kobe was sick."?

Actually no, I watch Laker games on TV, not read box scores so I could see he was sick before the tip in NJ.  Also, since I watched the game, they mentioned he spent the entire night before with a bottle of Vicks.

Who guarded Wade the other 19 was my question?
Sick Kobe or another Laker?

A few people took a crack at him but I don't get what your point is?  Do you understand how important it is to have your lungs in a 48 minute basketball game?  Regardless of being sick, no one can guard Wade in this league.  That doesn't take away from Kobe's defensive abilities.  Again, No one can guard Wade in this league.  Can you name a single player who can shut him down?  I certainly can't.  Bruce Bowen gets scored on by Kobe alot, does that mean he is not a good defender?

So have Byns and Kwame been on the floor together the entire season?  Esp now since Odom is out.

With Odom out they cannot put them on the floor together.  Maybe if Chris Mihm was able to play they could but since they are short on rebounders no sense in putting them both out there at the same time leaving them short handed when one gets into foul trouble or one tires.

Because Shaq did not play last night.  However he did call Phil Jackson a Benedict Arnold.

Yup and Phil Jackson said what all us Laker fans have been telling the rest of the phillyarena nation...he never wanted to work hard.  That is why he called PJ a benedict Arnold.  Although once again, I think Shaq has made himself look like an idiot with his comments.  Benedict Arnold defected to the other side.  Phil Jackson never changed sides.  Now if he went to the Spurs or Kings, then he would be a Benedict Arnold. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 12:09:26 PM »
#2 Plenty of Lakers have racked up 5 fouls in 7 minutes.  Lame attempt at baiting. 

Are you gonna post any of them?
Or should this be filed in the Laker Math vault?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 12:15:57 PM »
Yup and Phil Jackson said what all us Laker fans have been telling the rest of the phillyarena nation...he never wanted to work hard.  That is why he called PJ a benedict Arnold.  Although once again, I think Shaq has made himself look like an idiot with his comments.  Benedict Arnold defected to the other side.  Phil Jackson never changed sides.  Now if he went to the Spurs or Kings, then he would be a Benedict Arnold. 
I think the "revelation" that Shaq does not work hard was apparant to all outside of Laker Kingdom quite some time ago.  While i have no problem with Phil calling out Shaqs work habits, it's Shaq that is holding the ring post Lakerdom while Phil went back to Kobe and the Lakers after his book.   Haha as Jomal said, only in L.A.

If only Phil Winters would go to the Spurs. 
Drrrreeeam, dream dream dream...

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2006, 12:49:42 PM »
For what ever reasons apply, Kobe had a bit of an off night and Wade was lights out.

Much bigger issue for the Lakers - how much longer is Odom going to be out?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 01:22:02 PM »
For what ever reasons apply, Kobe had a bit of an off night and Wade was lights out.

Much bigger issue for the Lakers - how much longer is Odom going to be out?

Odom is out until the end of January.  The injury couldn't have come at a worst time.  They are treading water right now while PHX, SA, Dallas and others are really turning it up.  The rebounding for the Lakers has dropped quite a bit and we have 0 fast break game now except when Smush steals the ball 2-3 times a game.

Reality..Mark Madsen has got 5 fouls very quick.  Might not have been 7 minutes but very close.  I've seen Chris Mihm get 3 fouls in 3 minutes then sit out for the rest of the game.  I don't remember if it was the NJ game or one of the games before it but Vlade has 3 fouls in 2 minutes then was benched for the rest of the game.  Getting alot of fouls quick happens to all teams.  The reason Bynum even came back out to get those last 2 fouls is because the Lakers are short handed on the glass and Kwame cannot play heavy minutes effectively, he tires very fast.  If Chris Mihm was ready to go then Bynum never would have came back in after the two quick ones where Zo torched him.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2006, 04:04:07 PM »
W.O.W.
Who was guarding Kobe?
21 year old Dorell Wright.  Riley put him on Kobe in part for the height advantage.  Riley did not inform him until day of the game.

Was he drafted out of h.s.?

Who was Kobe guarding? ;)

Haven't we gone over and over? 
No. This was Dorell Wrights 1st time (as in playingtime) facing the Lakers and The Kobster.
This is also Bynums 1st year of signifigant time.  So as to the question of he and Kwame being in together, its a new topic.

I really do hate to have to explain EVERY detail.  The reason Wade, or any other primary scorer for a team, doesn't gaurd the opposing teams primary scorer is obvious, I won't bother since we've gone over it already.

Is that clearer or is the situation hopeless?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2006, 04:18:33 PM »
W.O.W. I really do hate to have to explain EVERY detail.  The reason Wade, or any other primary scorer for a team, doesn't gaurd the opposing teams primary scorer is obvious, I won't bother since we've gone over it already.

Is that clearer or is the situation hopeless?
So Kobe was not guarding Gilbert Arenas in the 54 pointer the other night.  You cleared that up.
Now if you could clear up how
Plenty of Lakers have racked up 5 fouls in 7 minutes = Mark Madsen has got 5 fouls very quick.
I think we can wrap it up.  In the vault.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2006, 04:57:10 PM »
Reality, it's because Kobe sucks and Gilbert Arenas and Dwayne Wade are awesome. 

That's what you want to hear, right?  Feel better now?   

Sorry for the interruption, now you can resume stomping the almost completely decomposed horse carcass you've been kicking for 11 years now.

(ps - I'll give you a hint; it's Kobe's 11th season in the league)