Author Topic: Good news for Sixer fans  (Read 1486 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Good news for Sixer fans
« on: December 22, 2006, 05:01:22 PM »
Marcus Camby of the Denver Nuggets expects to be sidelined a couple of weeks after breaking a finger on his shooting hand

This will help that newly acquired pick move up.  Without Camby, Kmart, Melo & JR Smith the Nuggets will play their next several games missing 4 of 5 starters.  For the next two weeks Iverson will play with a Denver team that isn't much better than a development league team.  After AI the next best player on the court will be Nene or Earl Boykins.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Good news for Sixer fans
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 05:07:18 PM »
Marcus Camby of the Denver Nuggets expects to be sidelined a couple of weeks after breaking a finger on his shooting hand

This will help that newly acquired pick move up.  Without Camby, Kmart, Melo & JR Smith the Nuggets will play their next several games missing 4 of 5 starters.  For the next two weeks Iverson will play with a Denver team that isn't much better than a development league team.  After AI the next best player on the court will be Nene or Earl Boykins.

kind of sounds like what he was playing with in Philly (minus Iggy, of course).

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 11:23:45 AM »

I was just reading how Earl Boykins went from fan and team favorite to possibly on the trading block.  He is shooting 38% and has been taking alot of ill advised shots that are frustrating some of his teammates.  I thought everything was good with Boykins.  If they are worried about Boykins just throwing up random shots and shooting a low % I wonder how this AI thing is going to work out.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 05:34:45 PM »
The only pick that matters is the Sixers own, unless Denver really tanks.  AI shoots a much higher percentage than Boykins.  He shoots in the .400's and sometimes into the .450's.  He also shoots well over 80% from the free throw line and gets there with great regularity.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 11:30:18 AM »
The only pick that matters is the Sixers own, unless Denver really tanks.  AI shoots a much higher percentage than Boykins.  He shoots in the .400's and sometimes into the .450's.  He also shoots well over 80% from the free throw line and gets there with great regularity.

I am not saying AI is not leaps and bounds better then Boykins.  He def is.  I am just saying if they are frustrated with Boykins (who doesn't play heavy minutes and comes off the bench) then how will they feel about AI/Melo taking 85% of the shots?

Boykins is going to get dealt by the deadline next year.  Mark my words.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 11:46:41 AM »
Honestly, who would want Boykins? If he can't shoot, there is really not much there for any team to be that interested in.

As for A.I., if the Celtic and Kings games are any indication about how Iverson wants to be accepted with his Denver teammates, especially when Anthoney returns, he is planning on being more of a distributor. Considering how thin his Denver team has suddenly gotten, it certainly is the right approach.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 01:24:06 PM »
Honestly, who would want Boykins? If he can't shoot, there is really not much there for any team to be that interested in.

As for A.I., if the Celtic and Kings games are any indication about how Iverson wants to be accepted with his Denver teammates, especially when Anthoney returns, he is planning on being more of a distributor. Considering how thin his Denver team has suddenly gotten, it certainly is the right approach.

The last few seasons he was shooting much much better and was a nice quick PG you could bring off the bench.  I think a few teams would gamble with him.  His contract is pretty small and I don't think he will shoot that low of a % for the rest of his NBA career.

Off the top though?  I can't think of a team that NEEDS him.  I think a team like PHX or Dallas could use him because of the quick tempo they love to dictate.