Author Topic: Pouty Kobe attempts to diminish Arenas 60 pts.  (Read 10530 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Pouty Kobe attempts to diminish Arenas 60 pts.
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2006, 06:42:13 PM »
This thread is queerer than Brokeback Montain (finally saw it on HBO last night).  I don't get what all the hype about this movie was about, it wasn't that good IMO.  I couple of guys screw in the montains while living double lives and it's a supposed to be a classic?  I've got nothing against gays, heck by the posts in this thread I think I'm around more faggots than a West Hollywood florist, but just because a below average love story involves two fudge packers doesn't make it this generations Gone with the Wind.

Man, I feel like getting a Carmel Michiato from Starbucks right about now......

Still haven't seen it, so I can't comment on the quality of the acting or plot.  But my instinct was:  "This movie probably sucks the big one, but there are so many movie critics who are flamming faggots that anything that smacks of the queer lifestyle was going to get awards simply for that."

From you're post, it looks like my instincts were right.  Anyone who saw the movie please chime in.

Some things clearly are best appreciated unseen. Sort of like westkoast.

And sort of like JoMaL's maccaroni Kobe statue  ;D
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2006, 07:11:34 PM »
Hay, pointing out obvious things is your specialty.  Everytime Kobe does something that is egotistical you love to point it out as if its the first time it happend!

It seemed appropriate to comment on Kobe's egotistical reference to Arena's 60 points, being that the topic of this thread is "Pouty Kobe attempts to diminish Areanas 60 pts". It is called following the topic - which, BTW, I did not start. Which, BTW, YOU seem to want to hi-jack into more obsession-oriented areas.

You must have acquired the taste for it then.  You remind me of the bitter beer face commercials.  Anytime the Lakers or Kobe is mentioned it pops up!  We need a smiley here just for you.

Again, please note the topic of this thread, which, again, I did not start. I just had to say something about it, same as you. Sorry if I was in some way blocking your own inferences about the guy. But then, it isn't Kobe that has you all up in a lather, is it. ;)

Mad that the Lakers/Kobe gets talked about all the time but yet you mainly only talk here when it involves them...hmmmm.  Debating about basketball period is what makes me post here.  Like I said, I post about everything everyday.  You however do not.  That is the clear difference.

The oh so obvious TRUE difference is that the majority of posters on this board happen to be Laker fans, so the majority of posts also are Laker related. Since Kobe is the main Laker, it also makes some sense that HE is the focus of many of the posts. Sure, once in a while other basketball (or non-basketball) topics take form here. I think I have even provided a post or two on them.

I forget. Dabods, have I ever responded to non-Laker, non-Kobe threads in any way? Or is westkoast completely right in saying that I only contribute anything when it is about them or Kobe?

But the funniest thing of all is claiming what you do qualifies as "debating" about basketball. You kidder. ::)

Right!  In JoMaL logic that means you are fascinated with me to the point where you are obsessed with my comments.  You wait for them in anticipation like a child on Christmas eve.    Are you obsessed with me being obsessed about you being obsessed with Kobe?   ;D

Uhhh. Yeah, I think that is it. That part about being obsessed with you being obsessed about me being obsessed with Kobe, which, up to now I just assumed you were being defensive about but now am thinking that WOW had the right idea regarding this starting to look a bit like Brokeback Mounting. Does Kobe know? You should tell him.

Even when the Kings are mentioned you focus in on Kobe!  Thanks for capping it off JoMaL
!

Again, huh?    ???    ???

This is what I was commenting on:

Merry x-mas to you too.  I believe Santa will bring you many bonehead comments from Kobe to bring your spirits up when it comes to NBA basketball.  Heck, maybe he will bring the Kings a hot streak so you can post multiple times on a subject that doesn't involve Kobe Bryant or anything negative!

Two Kobe references to one about the Kings. I just went with what you really meant instead of what you thought you meant. Glad to clear that up for you, so I go back to my original reply:

Huh 

What on earth does Kobe have to do with all of this?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2006, 11:25:40 AM »
#1 I believe WOW's brokeback comment stemmed from everyone in the thread getting what he percieves as over emotional over Kobe's comments towards Arenas.  Yourself included in that. 

#2 Who is the one who brought up the brokeback-esque comments in the first place between you and I? YOU did.  I made some of my own just to show how off the wall they were.  The question is where did this idea come from?  What does it stem from JoMaL?  Did you just watch Single White Female (movie reference #190283 in here)?

#3 "Laces out Kobe" -JoMaL

#4 So since Kobe is mentioned two times and the Kings once...you still do not bring the Kings up at all?

#5 I never said you do not contribute to anything else around here.  What I did say is that you seem to contribute alot more when it comes to Laker bashing.  Much moreso then you do your own team, any other team you actually enjoy other then the Kings, and any other basketball discussions that seem to come up.  Lurker/Reality post often about the Spurs.  Skander/Joe talk about the Jazz often.  Reality and WOW talk about The Clips.    Catch my drift?  Seems to me like you've reduced down to mainly bashing the Lakers and sometimes you come on to talk about other things.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 11:31:58 AM by westkoast »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2006, 12:29:53 PM »

#1 I believe WOW's brokeback comment stemmed from everyone in the thread getting what he percieves as over emotional over Kobe's comments towards Arenas.  Yourself included in that

We could ask WOW if that was his inference, but I would really hate to bring a third party into all of this, especially one who wants to make Brokeback Mountain references to the dialogue.

#2 Who is the one who brought up the brokeback-esque comments in the first place between you and I? YOU did.  I made some of my own just to show how off the wall they were.  The question is where did this idea come from?  What does it stem from JoMaL?  Did you just watch Single White Female (movie reference #190283 in here)?

Goes back to my subtle conjecture that obsession seems to drive your posts at times. Just thought it would be easier for you to pick up on that using an implication you might be familiar with.

#3 "Laces out Kobe" -JoMaL

Too subtle a reference. What the hell do you mean?

#4 So since Kobe is mentioned two times and the Kings once...you still do not bring the Kings up at all
?

Sorry, but please note the topic ONCE AGAIN, of this thread. I have no problem talking about the Kings, but I am still trying to convince you that this thread was about Kobe, and, to a lesser extent, Arenas. I know this "expert" basketball debating you claim to have is a burden, but do try to stay within the confines of each topic, if possible. 

#5 I never said you do not contribute to anything else around here.  What I did say is that you seem to contribute alot more when it comes to Laker bashing.  Much moreso then you do your own team, any other team you actually enjoy other then the Kings, and any other basketball discussions that seem to come up.  Lurker/Reality post often about the Spurs.  Skander/Joe talk about the Jazz often.  Reality and WOW talk about The Clips.    Catch my drift?  Seems to me like you've reduced down to mainly bashing the Lakers and sometimes you come on to talk about other things.

If that is all you are saying, then what is the problem? I will let you in on a little secret. When I post about the Kings or contribute to some of the other topics and teams you mention, I get practically nothing in return - from certain posters, zero, nada responses to my posts. It is like I am typing in a vacuum.

And the most viligent non-responsers to posts about non-Laker issues? Laker posters. Randy and msc, to the best of my knowledge, have virtually nothing to say about anything non-Laker related in some way, whether to argue with Spurs fans about LA/SA comparisons or to come out of the woodwork to bring in some obscure Laker allusion. So don't single me out for mostly posting about the Lakers. It is hardly worth posting on anything else.

You might also note those pairings you made: Lurker/Reality post about the Spurs.  Skander/Joe talk about the Jazz.  Reality/WOW talk about The Clips. Then you have you/Randy/msc/WOW talking about the Lakers. Where is jn in all of this? Well, HE, like me, has no one else on this board to discuss Wolves issues with and has to rely on these other posters to contribute.  And guess what? Only you, Reality, Lurker, and me responded to jn's State of the Wolves thread.

So where is Randy? or msc? or Wow? Even Joe or Skandery?

Catch MY drift, boyo?

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2006, 01:42:05 PM »

"I have always been here" - Kosh

During this thread I've been half-confused, half falling out of my chair laughing. 

Well, HE, like me, has no one else on this board to discuss Wolves issues with and has to rely on these other posters to contribute.  And guess what? Only you, Reality, Lurker, and me responded to jn's State of the Wolves thread.

Whoa! Hold on, wait-a-minute here.  I post on a wide number of topics, not just the Jazz and not just the Lakers.  In fact, JoMaL, a couple of weeks ago I came on here and started a thread about how ridiculously good Kevin Martin is. 

http://www.phillyarena.net/forums/index.php?topic=3371.0

Did I see a single response from the resident Kings fan on the board?  Do I hold it against said Kings fan because he might have been busy or otherwise indisposed? 

There are quite a number of Laker fans on the board as there are Spurs fans although more of the Laker fans seem to post a little more often.  The teams have (or had) a nice rivalry so its only natural for that to be borne out in some of these posts--same with the Kings and Lakers (mix that in with the NoCal-SoCal thing) and it can become quite venomous in an amusing way.  Just because I'm a Jazz fan doesn't mean I'm going to board bomb Jazz topics.  I'm an NBA fan, first and foremost, and will post on any topic provided some time (of which there has been little at work this week). 

I also don't get my jollies off bashing Kobe knowing, just like Pavlov's dog, Randy and Westkoast will go into a frenzy.........well,........most of the time.  ;)
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2006, 02:16:55 PM »
JoMaL, you get nothing to very little?  I've posted in every single one of your Kings threads.  In fact I believe the last one you posted on got about 10-15 responses.  On a board that has a whopping 10 people, that is a regular discussion around here.

Rick posts about the Sixers much more often then you do the Kings and he gets the same amount of respones but still lets everyone know what is up.  Sorry your thread is not going platnium plus 4 pages deep!  Joe doesn't post here very often but reps his Jazz and also many other basketball related topics (like the position defense thread). Skander contributes quite a bit, not just Jazz related topics although that is his team and he can speak on them the best.  msc and randy post about the Lakers, Randy comes in to talk about the Spurs and does comment on the Sonics.  Jn has had contributions about the Wolves in his thread.  I was even thinking about making a Lakers/Wolves thread but I didn't think he wanted to talk about the melt down last night (plus it would look like I am beating my chest, you know what us Laker fans do all the time  ::) )  Ziggy posts on the regular some very interesting stats related threads.  Are you pouty because you are not getting the shine you think you deserve?

On top of all that, what about you contributing to others threads?  If you want people to contribute to yours, then contribute to the non-laker threads.  Instead, you complain about the amount of Laker coverage but continue to spend most of your time posting in them.  That is the real problem.  Post about other things.  I've said many times that I would like to see more coverage of other teams.  I know ALOT about the Spurs because there is always Spurs talk.   I apologize, on behalf of this board, that we are not apperciating when you do grace us with your presence about other things non-lakers.

Catch MY drift Boyo?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2006, 02:18:54 PM »
I also don't get my jollies off bashing Kobe knowing, just like Pavlov's dog, Randy and Westkoast will go into a frenzy.........well,........most of the time.  ;)

But sometimes it is just sooooo much fun to channel Pavlov and ring the bell.   ;D
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2006, 02:32:26 PM »

"I have always been here" - Kosh

During this thread I've been half-confused, half falling out of my chair laughing. 

Well, HE, like me, has no one else on this board to discuss Wolves issues with and has to rely on these other posters to contribute.  And guess what? Only you, Reality, Lurker, and me responded to jn's State of the Wolves thread.

Whoa! Hold on, wait-a-minute here.  I post on a wide number of topics, not just the Jazz and not just the Lakers.  In fact, JoMaL, a couple of weeks ago I came on here and started a thread about how ridiculously good Kevin Martin is. 

http://www.phillyarena.net/forums/index.php?topic=3371.0

Did I see a single response from the resident Kings fan on the board?  Do I hold it against said Kings fan because he might have been busy or otherwise indisposed? 

There are quite a number of Laker fans on the board as there are Spurs fans although more of the Laker fans seem to post a little more often.  The teams have (or had) a nice rivalry so its only natural for that to be borne out in some of these posts--same with the Kings and Lakers (mix that in with the NoCal-SoCal thing) and it can become quite venomous in an amusing way.  Just because I'm a Jazz fan doesn't mean I'm going to board bomb Jazz topics.  I'm an NBA fan, first and foremost, and will post on any topic provided some time (of which there has been little at work this week). 

To you, Skandery, I apologize if I were in anyway implying you aren't a universal thread contributor, and I did miss your comments about Kevin Martin back then, as I was out of town at that time.

But I also could not help but notice that Wolverine - a most rare contributor at that - comprised the entirety of the respondents to that thread. Is my point that obtuse?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2006, 02:36:58 PM »
My Brokeback Mountain comment was regarding the seething man-love Randy and Lurker were sharing in this thread.  While Randy and Lurker have only gotten to second base with each other, JoMal and westkoast have, on several occassions btw, gone all the way.

The four of you need to stop fagging off, now you've got touchy-feely Skandypants chimming in soundling like some flower-power rump ranger peace maker.  

PLEASE, think of the children!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2006, 02:48:01 PM »
JoMaL, you get nothing to very little?  I've posted in every single one of your Kings threads.  In fact I believe the last one you posted on got about 10-15 responses.  On a board that has a whopping 10 people, that is a regular discussion around here.

I thought I made it fairly clear my comments to which you are referring did not refer to your contributions to the threads on this board.

Rick posts about the Sixers much more often then you do the Kings and he gets the same amount of respones but still lets everyone know what is up.  Sorry your thread is not going platnium plus 4 pages deep!  Joe doesn't post here very often but reps his Jazz and also many other basketball related topics (like the position defense thread). Skander contributes quite a bit, not just Jazz related topics although that is his team and he can speak on them the best.  msc and randy post about the Lakers, Randy comes in to talk about the Spurs and does comment on the Sonics.  Jn has had contributions about the Wolves in his thread.  I was even thinking about making a Lakers/Wolves thread but I didn't think he wanted to talk about the melt down last night (plus it would look like I am beating my chest, you know what us Laker fans do all the time  ::) )  Ziggy posts on the regular some very interesting stats related threads.

It's the number of posts they provide elsewhere, not that none of the other posters contribute to non-Laker threads.

Are you pouty because you are not getting the shine you think you deserve?

Yes, that is it entirely. Nothing else matters except that I get my shine. If I can't gleam, nobody else should either.

On top of all that, what about you contributing to others threads?  If you want people to contribute to yours, then contribute to the non-laker threads.

That is my point. I do, but to a much smaller audience.

Instead, you complain about the amount of Laker coverage but continue to spend most of your time posting in them.

Which, again, is the point. Try not to be so imperceptive once again. You always get a bit dull-witted trying to change the meaning of what I am posting about and it is tiresome trying to put you back on point each time.    

That is the real problem.  Post about other things.  I've said many times that I would like to see more coverage of other teams.  I know ALOT about the Spurs because there is always Spurs talk.   I apologize, on behalf of this board, that we are not apperciating when you do grace us with your presence about other things non-lakers.

If, in fact, that were the case, I probably WOULD post more often. But even an alleged Laker/Kobe hater such as myself gets tired of repetitious threads about the Lakers, or the Lakers/Spurs, or Iverson/Bryant threads. These tend to be full of contributions, but if Joe did not have Skander, how much would the Jazz threads get? If the Spurs and Lakers did not have so many fans on this board, would those threads be so many pages long? It helps to have others who show interests in these other teams, but rare is the case that any threads about those other teams take off in the same way.

Catch MY drift Boyo?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2006, 02:51:55 PM »

But sometimes it is just sooooo much fun to channel Pavlov and ring the bell.   ;D

Why can't YOU be a Laker fan. It would be so much easier discussing these things with someone who "gets" it.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2006, 03:00:20 PM »
I know your comments were not about what I personally do but rather who contributes to threads you post...I can only speak for myself and I stated that I always post in em.

Also, make your threads interesting then if you want more contributions.  I see a thread you posted 3 pages deep talking about Iverson/Nuggets.  Amazing when you put forth effort right?  That didn't even take all that much.  Articles about the Kings, maybe some links to clips, rumors, maybe more threads like where they are going to play (that got alot of responses).  Seems to me like you want us to roll out the red carpet when you do in fact decide to post on something non-Lakers.

And if you are going to bend around what I am saying in my posts, then why cannot I do the same?

If Skander was a Laker fan he too would get annoyed at the fact that everything with them can only be negative.  See the clear difference between my fandom of the Lakers and your fandom of the Lakers is I can see it more then one way.  You cannot.  You are like the people who hate Howard Stern so much, yet continue to give the man ratings by listening everyday so you have something to complain about when it deals with him.  If the tables were turned and the main thing I did on this board was talk about the Kings in a negative light, no matter what the situation, you would say the same things to me.   Wait, I believe the same thing happened when the whole Lakers/Kings rivalry was going on.  The Laker fans were 'chest beaters' and 'arrogant' that would not give the Kings any kind of props.  I remember how mad you use to get when Randy would bad mouth the Kings.  What is good for the goose is not good for the gander JoMaL?  Lurker gets on Randy for the same reason I get on you.

Btw, let's cut this alleged and assusations of you being a Laker/Kobe hater talk as if I am saying things that are not true.  It is clear you hate them on a level Reality does.  The difference is that Reality doesn't just post about the Lakers now.  In fact I'd say he spends more time talking about the Spurs then the Lakers.  Maybe you should take some notes?! 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 03:06:05 PM by westkoast »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2006, 03:19:45 PM »
In fact I'd say he spends more time talking about the Spurs then the Lakers.  Maybe you should take some notes?! 

NOOOooooo!  The Spurs don't need another semi-delusional, Pop bashing fan.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2006, 05:07:41 PM »
If you keep referencing posts of mine that have nothing to do with the Lakers and Kobe, you are going to further distance yourself from your own argument, don't you think?  And since you are more inclined on bending comments to suit your own cause, I would appreciate it if you recognize when someone else is doing it just to spite you for doing it in the first place. 

For instance, since I have, on occasion, said some positive things about the Lakers, you stating as a "fact" that "everything" I post about them "can only be negative" is a lie. It is only true in that I have certainly bashed both the Lakers and Kobe with undiluted glee more often then should be allowed, but that has not been the gist of 100% of my Laker posts. This is called twisting things to suit you. Since you are arguing that I only contribute to bash the Lakers, and you have further pointed out posts of mine that have nothing to do with the Lakers, or Kobe, another lie.

You see, I am giving you the benefit of the doubt here, because if I implied you missed those things yet posted contrary points of view anyway, THAT would be much more then an implications you were pretty dense. However, you stating as a "fact", that this means we should all "see the clear difference between your fandom of the Lakers and my fandom of the Lakers is that YOU can see it more then one way…well, I can't help what others might perceive regarding that comment. You are on your own.

Now, it is quite true I have not been posting about the Kings recently, though you surely know that I have done my fair share of posting regarding them over the years. At the moment, and as I keep trying to tell you in so many words, phrases, inferences, out-and-out statements, even pleading with other posters to acknowledge the idea, THIS….THIS thread….the one we are giving so much enjoyment to everyone else…..the one you have devoted several days to as well as myself…THIS thread…..THIS one you are reading in right now….THIS one.

THIS ONE!!!!!

Is about Kobe…and Arenas. Period. 

So please note that before you hijack a thread again. Back to the topic at hand, Kobe should keep his egotistical mouth shut. I believe you agree with me on that. I believe WOW agrees with it also, As does Reality, Lurker, and I am sure Skandery, jn, and even msc. (Randy doesn't, but we all understand Randy gets very bitter when Kobe gets his foot-in-mouth disease a bit more then most Laker fans) 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2006, 12:01:41 PM »
Thanks for all the hot air JoMaL but I hate to break it to you....

but you high jacked this thread just as much as I did.  You wouldn't drop my tiny 3 word jab at the bottom of my comment about THIS THREAD...the one...about Kobe...and Arenas.

Hopefully Santa got you something to lower your blood pressure after this thread.  Merry X-mas..may the new year bring many bone head comments from Kobe for your enjoyment.