Author Topic: Pouty Kobe attempts to diminish Arenas 60 pts.  (Read 10544 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Pouty Kobe attempts to diminish Arenas 60 pts.
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2006, 06:47:57 PM »

Reading comprehension Randy...practice it sometime and you will be amazed at how simple communication can be.

I NEVER said that Reality didn't bring up the FT angle...actually if you read it closer you will see Kobe brought up the FT issue.  As far as it (Reality bashing Kobe but not others) being hypocrisy I'll agree with you.  Happy? [/quote]

Oh Lurker.  You were doing so well!
But if it makes Randy happy. (sigh)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2006, 08:38:34 PM »
Not really.  See I post here every single day on every issue that comes up in just about every thread.  You do not.  You are pretty active today JoMaL (cues C&C Music Factory video from youtube).   Why would I need to accuse you of talking negative about Kobe  when I am doing the same thing?    That doesn't make any sense at all.  I am speaking negative about him in this very thread.

You decided you needed more face time.  If you didn't you wouldn't have replied.

So.....your point is that you don't want me to comment on ANY posted threads unless I comment on all of them? You are telling me that being selective is not allowed now? Since we clearly agree about Kobe's comments regarding Arenas, there must be something else bothering you about this that I am not exactly understanding.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2006, 08:54:48 PM »
 ;D Jomal you've been stellar and a gentleman on this one.

Randy can you be owned anymore on this thread?  Why yes.

When Kobe put up 81, I posted i found his 62 in 3 quarters vs Dallas more impressive.
I think you're safe tho since in the new board formatt last years threads got deleted.
No, you're not.  "I'm more impressed with the Dallas game then 81 Toronto.  Torontos D was a joke.
Still this is Kobe 45 pt ave 58% fg streak.  Nothing but props."
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 10:06:37 PM by Reality »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2006, 10:32:25 PM »
This thread is queerer than Brokeback Montain (finally saw it on HBO last night).  I don't get what all the hype about this movie was about, it wasn't that good IMO.  I couple of guys screw in the montains while living double lives and it's a supposed to be a classic?  I've got nothing against gays, heck by the posts in this thread I think I'm around more faggots than a West Hollywood florist, but just because a below average love story involves two fudge packers doesn't make it this generations Gone with the Wind.

Man, I feel like getting a Carmel Michiato from Starbucks right about now......
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2006, 11:02:12 AM »
Not really.  See I post here every single day on every issue that comes up in just about every thread.  You do not.  You are pretty active today JoMaL (cues C&C Music Factory video from youtube).   Why would I need to accuse you of talking negative about Kobe  when I am doing the same thing?    That doesn't make any sense at all.  I am speaking negative about him in this very thread.

You decided you needed more face time.  If you didn't you wouldn't have replied.

So.....your point is that you don't want me to comment on ANY posted threads unless I comment on all of them? You are telling me that being selective is not allowed now? Since we clearly agree about Kobe's comments regarding Arenas, there must be something else bothering you about this that I am not exactly understanding.

I'm not telling you what to do....just don't get huffy when I point out the obvious.  I mean if you are going to continue to let the rest of us know Kobe is a egotistical baby like a rabbid dog every chance you get then I should be able to point out that you enjoy it right?  Since we both  are clearly pointing out the obvious, there must be something wrong with me telling you that you ache for his bonehead comments.

What is wrong with me saying you rarely post here but come out swinging when Kobe, for about the 145th time in his career, makes a stupid comment?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2006, 11:03:20 AM »
A shot is only a bad shot if you miss it!  

Wow!  I can't disagree more.

A bad shot can damage the morale and chemistry of a team.  A bad shot can cause players to become lackadaiscal on offense, knowing that they're not going to get the ball.  A bad shot can keep players from making strong cuts in a precision offense.  A bad shot can leave a team in poor position to defend transition.  A bad shot can leave too much time on the clock.  A bad shot can put too few points on the board.  And all of that is the case EVEN IF THE SHOT IS MADE.  In some cases, it's true BECAUSE the shot was made.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2006, 11:29:29 AM »
A shot is only a bad shot if you miss it!  

Wow!  I can't disagree more.

A bad shot can damage the morale and chemistry of a team.  A bad shot can cause players to become lackadaiscal on offense, knowing that they're not going to get the ball.  A bad shot can keep players from making strong cuts in a precision offense.  A bad shot can leave a team in poor position to defend transition.  A bad shot can leave too much time on the clock.  A bad shot can put too few points on the board.  And all of that is the case EVEN IF THE SHOT IS MADE.  In some cases, it's true BECAUSE the shot was made.

So you are agreeing with Kobe?  Because hidden in the bitterness of his statements he is saying what you are saying.  Alot of those shots Gilbert took were outside of the offense.  To me he didn't have horrible shot selection because he was making them and getting to the line.  It was more street ball with Gilbert schooling players and playing more solo, as it usually is when NBA players score 50-60 points. 

Yes in many cases a made shot COULD mean that.  It could also mean the exact opposite of alot of those.  A made shot could cause the players to get more pumped up.  A made shot that is tough could pull momentum on your side.  A made shot could bring the crowd back into the game.  A made shot allows your team time to get back on defense if they are a poor transition defensive team (ie Lakers, Wizards).  A made shot could get you a two for one if there is enough time on the board.  A made shot can put more points on the board.  A made shot could force a timeout.  A made shot could make it a multiple possesion game. 

I understand what you are getting at and in many cases a made shot doesn't always equal good.  That said it goes both ways as I said above.    In this case where Arenas is the #1 scorer with very little help from Jaimison the shot was only bad if he missed it.  He had to put this team on his back and score.  You've never heard anyone say 'Oh that was a bad 3' only to bite his tongue when it goes in?  If Carlos Boozer takes a 3 pointer early in the clock when they are down by 3 and drills it, do you think AK is going to be pissed he won't get the ball?  Or that he shouldn't continue to make hard cuts?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 11:35:02 AM by westkoast »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2006, 11:57:56 AM »

I'm not telling you what to do....just don't get huffy when I point out the obvious.  I mean if you are going to continue to let the rest of us know Kobe is a egotistical baby like a rabbid dog every chance you get then I should be able to point out that you enjoy it right?  Since we both  are clearly pointing out the obvious, there must be something wrong with me telling you that you ache for his bonehead comments.

What is wrong with me saying you rarely post here but come out swinging when Kobe, for about the 145th time in his career, makes a stupid comment?

First off, it is hardly necessary for me, you, or anyone else to point out how egotistical Kobe can be, as he does that with every breath he takes. For the rest of us, we just GET the benefit of doing it as well.

And by your comments now as well as earlier, this seems to disagree with you for some reason when YOU can do it, or Randy can do it, but you start to stain your shorts every time I do it, or some other non-Laker fan does it. At which point, you prefer to go after me instead. Admittedly, seeing your reaction to this is much more fun then playing around with what Kobe does and says.

By all means, I have no interest in denying you the right to point out how and when I post and for what reasons as I have come to expect nothing else from you either. But please, you should know by now that the Kobe thing is just a side issue for me. You seem to imply that this board is your reason for living, and since I have noticed that you seemingly await my every comment about Kobe and miss me when I am not around, which appears to to be an absurdly weird fetish, BTW, I just thought I would give you an early Christmas present and let you go off on a rant about my Kobe-ish issues. It has become predictible, of course, as you knew it would, but then, its the 'thought' that counts, is it not?

Merry Christmas
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2006, 12:05:36 PM »
This thread is queerer than Brokeback Montain (finally saw it on HBO last night).  I don't get what all the hype about this movie was about, it wasn't that good IMO.  I couple of guys screw in the montains while living double lives and it's a supposed to be a classic?  I've got nothing against gays, heck by the posts in this thread I think I'm around more faggots than a West Hollywood florist, but just because a below average love story involves two fudge packers doesn't make it this generations Gone with the Wind.

Et tu, WoWtus?

You, among all posters, to have succumbed to the lure of THAT lifestyle. Think of your children, your family. Are you preparing yourself for incarceration? Have you finally been caught pirating DVD's?

I used to be a fudge packer, but the gooey nuts kept sticking to my fingers.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2006, 01:17:20 PM »

First off, it is hardly necessary for me, you, or anyone else to point out how egotistical Kobe can be, as he does that with every breath he takes. For the rest of us, we just GET the benefit of doing it as well.

And by your comments now as well as earlier, this seems to disagree with you for some reason when YOU can do it, or Randy can do it, but you start to stain your shorts every time I do it, or some other non-Laker fan does it. At which point, you prefer to go after me instead. Admittedly, seeing your reaction to this is much more fun then playing around with what Kobe does and says.

By all means, I have no interest in denying you the right to point out how and when I post and for what reasons as I have come to expect nothing else from you either. But please, you should know by now that the Kobe thing is just a side issue for me. You seem to imply that this board is your reason for living, and since I have noticed that you seemingly await my every comment about Kobe and miss me when I am not around, which appears to to be an absurdly weird fetish, BTW, I just thought I would give you an early Christmas present and let you go off on a rant about my Kobe-ish issues. It has become predictible, of course, as you knew it would, but then, its the 'thought' that counts, is it not?

Merry Christmas

My point is that it is not neccesary to salivate over the fact you can come here and point it out as if no one knows.  Like you get giddy to take a shot at Kobe and the Lakers.  Its clear you do.  I am trying to help you remove the bitter taste.  It's literally been YEARS JoMal.  Enough time for the X-Men Trilogy to be wrapped up.  Enough time for a young Hobbit to finally get the ring to the place it needs to be destroyed at. 

I have no problem when Lurker does it or really anyone who reps the Spurs.  Reality I do, at times, for similar reasons I get on you.  You both salivate over the chance to point out the obvious then turn around and are not happy when the Lakers are the only thing talked about.  The difference with you is that you seem to enjoy it even more then Reality and you only pop out of the wood work to really debate when it is something like this.   Like a Ray Finkel of sorts.  Sorry for the Ace Ventura reference but it seems to fit so well!

I love the very last paragraph.  Are you typing that to try to convince yourself that is what is going on?  Hay if you wish to believe I am obsessed with you and it makes you feel all warm and tingly, so be it.  This time of year you are suppose to feel good inside and if I can do that by allowing myself to be morphed into an internet stalker in your mind, like I said so be it.  I can't stop you from pretending like you are the talented mr. ripley.   I sit and wait for your responses but not vice versa?  Allow me to insert a Time Allen Santa laugh here.    This is the season of giving and you seem to want to feel loved by me to the point of thinking up the idea.  This is really starting to sound like brokeback basketball board, WOW is right  ;D  Must be the time of year where the movie watching is at maximum, I just couldn't help the movie references here.  Like your thoughts regarding me calling you out, they usually come from someone with a strong imagination.

Merry x-mas to you too.  I believe Santa will bring you many bonehead comments from Kobe to bring your spirits up when it comes to NBA basketball.  Heck, maybe he will bring the Kings a hot streak so you can post multiple times on a subject that doesn't involve Kobe Bryant or anything negative!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 01:24:30 PM by westkoast »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2006, 01:42:16 PM »
My point is that it is not neccesary to salivate over the fact you can come here and point it out as if no one knows.  Like you get giddy to take a shot at Kobe and the Lakers.  Its clear you do. 

I am reeeeeally glad it is clear to you. For a while there I was thinking I would have to hit you upside the head to clear your thoughts on that one.

I am trying to help you remove the bitter taste.  It's literally been YEARS JoMal.  Enough time for the X-Men Trilogy to be wrapped up.  Enough time for a young Hobbit to finally get the ring to the place it needs to be destroyed at.

Funny, it doesn't taste all that bitter. Maybe that is why it never gets old.

I have no problem when Lurker does it or really anyone who reps the Spurs.  Reality I do, at times, for similar reasons I get on you.  You both salivate over the chance to point out the obvious then turn around and are not happy when the Lakers are the only thing talked about.  The difference with you is that you seem to enjoy it even more then Reality and you only pop out of the wood work to really debate when it is something like this.   Like a Ray Finkel of sorts.  Sorry for the Ace Ventura reference but it seems to fit so well!

Yeah, westkoast, that must be it. Enjoyment. Nothing else on this board gets me to post but a good 'ole Laker/Kobe rehash. Funny, though, debating about Kobe doesn't seem to be what drives YOUR involvement, is it?

I love the very last paragraph.  Are you typing that to try to convince yourself that is what is going on?

;D  ;D

My God, westkoast, who is trying to convince whom here? You can't possibly not see how this is getting to you a lot more then me. My fascination in all this is strictly on how it affects you. Obsession is a perfume best left unsniffed by some, wk.

Merry x-mas to you too.  I believe Santa will bring you many bonehead comments from Kobe to bring your spirits up when it comes to NBA basketball.  Heck, maybe he will bring the Kings a hot streak so you can post multiple times on a subject that doesn't involve Kobe Bryant or anything negative!

Huh ??? ???

What on earth does Kobe have to do with all of this?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2006, 02:08:24 PM »

I am reeeeeally glad it is clear to you. For a while there I was thinking I would have to hit you upside the head to clear your thoughts on that one. 

Hay, pointing out obvious things is your specialty.  Everytime Kobe does something that is egotistical you love to point it out as if its the first time it happend!

Funny, it doesn't taste all that bitter. Maybe that is why it never gets old.

You must have acquired the taste for it then.  You remind me of the bitter beer face commercials.  Anytime the Lakers or Kobe is mentioned it pops up!  We need a smiley here just for you.

Yeah, westkoast, that must be it. Enjoyment. Nothing else on this board gets me to post but a good 'ole Laker/Kobe rehash. Funny, though, debating about Kobe doesn't seem to be what drives YOUR involvement, is it?

Mad that the Lakers/Kobe gets talked about all the time but yet you mainly only talk here when it involves them...hmmmm.  Debating about basketball period is what makes me post here.  Like I said, I post about everything everyday.  You however do not.  That is the clear difference.

My God, westkoast, who is trying to convince whom here? You can't possibly not see how this is getting to you a lot more then me. My fascination in all this is strictly on how it affects you. Obsession is a perfume best left unsniffed by some, wk.

Right!  In JoMaL logic that means you are fascinated with me to the point where you are obsessed with my comments.  You wait for them in anticipation like a child on Christmas eve.    Are you obsessed with me being obsessed about you being obsessed with Kobe?   ;D

Huh ??? ???

What on earth does Kobe have to do with all of this?

Even when the Kings are mentioned you focus in on Kobe!  Thanks for capping it off JoMaL!

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2006, 03:16:31 PM »

Still haven't seen it, so I can't comment on the quality of the acting or plot.  But my instinct was:  "This movie probably sucks the big one, but there are so many movie critics who are flamming faggots that anything that smacks of the queer lifestyle was going to get awards simply for that."

From you're post, it looks like my instincts were right.  Anyone who saw the movie please chime in.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2006, 04:01:01 PM »

Still haven't seen it, so I can't comment on the quality of the acting or plot.  But my instinct was:  "This movie probably sucks the big one, but there are so many movie critics who are flamming faggots that anything that smacks of the queer lifestyle was going to get awards simply for that."

From you're post, it looks like my instincts were right.  Anyone who saw the movie please chime in. 
rick do you think anyone who viewed it is probably half way up the "Mountain"?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2006, 05:13:25 PM »

Some things clearly are best appreciated unseen. Sort of like westkoast.