Author Topic: Pouty Kobe attempts to diminish Arenas 60 pts.  (Read 10554 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Pouty Kobe attempts to diminish Arenas 60 pts.
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 02:07:15 PM »
Really don't know why you find it funny that we noticed what Kobe said. This is a basketball forum. That the brawl coincided with Kobe's comments about Arenas should not mean much, since it would not make much sense to talk about it next month. He said it this week, coincidently with the brawl. Way it goes, sometimes.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 02:55:14 PM »
You know what I find truly ridiculous of Kobe?  Complaining that it was the REFS who beat the Lakers -- not the players!  Only the biggest of cry babies and whiners use THAT kind of argument in losing a game.  Sure, Arenas got 27 foul shots while the entire Lakers squad got 30 (and the Wizards got 60 for the game) but no excuse -- Kobe just needs to shut up and acknowledge that the other team was better! 

Oh, I'm sure none of this applies to the Kings (their players or their fans), huh?

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 03:01:13 PM »
Last time I checked a large ego shouldn't stop you from respecting your opponent.  Belittling Arenas' accomplishments shows a lot more than a large ego.  But let's not focus on that when it is much easier to attack the messenger.

As far as making it personal...I haven't.  But you sure can find a way to turn any post by a non-Laker fan into something attacking the individual.  All I did was call you out for failing to respond to the original post.  Then you have to justify your making personal by saying: so & so started it.  Great rebuttal.

Yeah, speaking of great rebuttals -- that would leave any simpleton speechless, well, almost. 

I'm quite sure that hypocrisy has never bothered you however, it does bother some of us.  Reality has berated the Lakers when they have doubled their opponents at the free throw line -- I"m sure you don't remember the 58 ft shots that the Lakers had against the Knicks a few years ago -- but it definately became a thread started by Reality.  Now he posts this kind of thing against the Lakers and skates over the very thing that he loathed in that thread.  Which goes to show us that it has nothing to do with Kobe's words or how many freethrows that the Lakers shoot -- but anything he can twist into a negative about the Lakers.

Kobe's words were stupid -- so is your justification of a hypocrite!

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 04:02:16 PM »
You know what I find truly ridiculous of Kobe?  Complaining that it was the REFS who beat the Lakers -- not the players!  Only the biggest of cry babies and whiners use THAT kind of argument in losing a game.  Sure, Arenas got 27 foul shots while the entire Lakers squad got 30 (and the Wizards got 60 for the game) but no excuse -- Kobe just needs to shut up and acknowledge that the other team was better! 

Oh, I'm sure none of this applies to the Kings (their players or their fans), huh?

Perhaps you could clarify that last point, as I really can't see how it applies.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 04:11:49 PM »

Now you are putting words in my mouth.  I have never justified any hypocritical posting on this board.  I don't care how many times other threads have been started that bashes Kobe or who has started them.  It wasn't relevant to the current thread on Kobe's lack of respect.  No where in this thread will you find MY words that justifies Reality's post.  All I am doing is calling you out for being so small as to attack the poster instead of responding to the post.  Which is your modus operandi for anything that is negative towards the Lakers.

There is an easy solution if Reality's hypocrisy bothers you...ignore his posts.  Or post a more mature response.  But to attack him & in turn me then justify it as "he started it" is just as classless as your beloved Kobe dissing an opponent that beat him fair & square.  One could point towards the approach your fellow Laker fans took in this thread...calling Kobe's actions stupid (i.e. addressing the original TOPIC)...and ignoring the fresh bait hung out by the poster.

speaking of great rebuttals

Actually it was a great one on my part.  I avoided falling into the trap of name calling.  I addressed your points.  And I offered a reasoned conclusion.  High school debate class did teach me something.   ;D

The horrible rebuttal was yours again...implying that I am a simpleton.  Name calling loses its effectiveness as a rebuttal somewhere around the first grade.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 04:40:26 PM »

Perhaps you could clarify that last point, as I really can't see how it applies.

lol -- yep, I'm sure you don't -- the Kings would never allow the focus of a game to be about the officiating rather than who was the better team, would they?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 04:43:34 PM »
Really don't know why you find it funny that we noticed what Kobe said. This is a basketball forum. That the brawl coincided with Kobe's comments about Arenas should not mean much, since it would not make much sense to talk about it next month. He said it this week, coincidently with the brawl. Way it goes, sometimes.

It is funny because you've been dying for something from Kobe to whine about.  It is painfully obvious.  Yes his comments were uncalled for and yes his ego often makes me make stupid decisions.  My point is the brawl is much bigger of a problem involving many players but this thread has more posts.......like C&C Music Factory said 'Things that make you go hmmmmm'

Bottom line if this was anyone other then Kobe it wouldn't be as big of a deal as a brawl involving two teams.   You act as if you need to make it clear that he is an egotistical individual as if this hasn't been known by the masses. 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 04:46:57 PM »

Now you are putting words in my mouth.  I have never justified any hypocritical posting on this board.  I don't care how many times other threads have been started that bashes Kobe or who has started them.  It wasn't relevant to the current thread on Kobe's lack of respect.  No where in this thread will you find MY words that justifies Reality's post.  All I am doing is calling you out for being so small as to attack the poster instead of responding to the post.  Which is your modus operandi for anything that is negative towards the Lakers.

There is an easy solution if Reality's hypocrisy bothers you...ignore his posts.  Or post a more mature response.  But to attack him & in turn me then justify it as "he started it" is just as classless as your beloved Kobe dissing an opponent that beat him fair & square.  One could point towards the approach your fellow Laker fans took in this thread...calling Kobe's actions stupid (i.e. addressing the original TOPIC)...and ignoring the fresh bait hung out by the poster.

speaking of great rebuttals

Actually it was a great one on my part.  I avoided falling into the trap of name calling.  I addressed your points.  And I offered a reasoned conclusion.  High school debate class did teach me something.   ;D

The horrible rebuttal was yours again...implying that I am a simpleton.  Name calling loses its effectiveness as a rebuttal somewhere around the first grade.

Oh please, you need to get off your "lofty perch" -- because you are simply standing on a cowpie!  

I have started threads in the past and will again about things I don't like about the Lakers.  This thread was from a poster who CONSTANTLY has pointed out the free throw differential almost every time that it goes in the Lakers favor -- and when they double the ft attempts of their opponent, he ALWAYS points it out.  Then he turns around and makes the post about Kobe's whining and fails to show the ft differential of the game simply because it doesn't show the Lakers in a bad light (but rather the opposite).  That's hypocrisy -- and that was exactly what I was showing.

And your desire to be an objective impartial party just fails when it has anything to do with the Lakers (or the Spurs).

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2006, 04:50:26 PM »
lol -- yep, I'm sure you don't -- the Kings would never allow the focus of a game to be about the officiating rather than who was the better team, would they?

When the officiating causes the lesser team to win a playoff game, changing the momentum of the series and sending the wrong team to the next series, the focus goes to EXACTLY what resulted in the outcome rather then who played a better game.

But it is nice to note that Kobe feels officiating can cause an unwarranted outcome viewed as unfavorable by him as well, though he is hardly the person who I would ask an opinion regarding it.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2006, 04:57:41 PM »
I have started threads in the past and will again about things I don't like about the Lakers.  This thread was from a poster who CONSTANTLY has pointed out the free throw differential almost every time that it goes in the Lakers favor -- and when they double the ft attempts of their opponent, he ALWAYS points it out.  Then he turns around and makes the post about Kobe's whining and fails to show the ft differential of the game simply because it doesn't show the Lakers in a bad light (but rather the opposite).  That's hypocrisy -- and that was exactly what I was showing.

Ohhhhh!  And I am sure everyone here appreciates that YOU can see that as hypocrisy while the rest of us just lumber on in relative ignorance.  Next time I want someone to point out hypocrisy by a poster I'll know who to call: Randy the hypocrisy-buster.

And how exactly does that address the issue of Kobe dissing his opponent?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2006, 05:07:12 PM »
It is funny because you've been dying for something from Kobe to whine about.  It is painfully obvious.  Yes his comments were uncalled for and yes his ego often makes me make stupid decisions.  My point is the brawl is much bigger of a problem involving many players but this thread has more posts.......like C&C Music Factory said 'Things that make you go hmmmmm'

Bottom line if this was anyone other then Kobe it wouldn't be as big of a deal as a brawl involving two teams.   You act as if you need to make it clear that he is an egotistical individual as if this hasn't been known by the masses. 

Sounds more like you have been dying for me to say something negative about your precious Kobe so you can accuse me <again> of saying something negative about your precious Kobe.

Your Catch-22 is showing.

As for the number of posts this thread has attracted as opposed to the brawl, other then the Randy/Lurker piddling contest, I would not have added much more then my original post except someone decided they needed more face time on the board, I guess.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2006, 05:18:19 PM »

Ohhhhh!  And I am sure everyone here appreciates that YOU can see that as hypocrisy while the rest of us just lumber on in relative ignorance.  Next time I want someone to point out hypocrisy by a poster I'll know who to call: Randy the hypocrisy-buster.

Hmm, could it be that you would rather focus on me than the hypocrisy in the original poster's thread? 
Asked how the Wizards' guard scored so many, Bryant said, "First of all, he shot 27 free throws. We as a team shot 30. Think about that."

Better yet Kobadiah, lets get out the stats book and compare some of your big FT games.

Hmm, not a comment in there at ALL about Kobe's ft attempts, huh?  Yep, simply conjecture on my part, huh?  Yep, you are as objective as ever!

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2006, 05:21:23 PM »

When the officiating causes the lesser team to win a playoff game, changing the momentum of the series and sending the wrong team to the next series, the focus goes to EXACTLY what resulted in the outcome rather then who played a better game.

But it is nice to note that Kobe feels officiating can cause an unwarranted outcome viewed as unfavorable by him as well, though he is hardly the person who I would ask an opinion regarding it.

Oh, I see -- there are times when the whining is acceptable and when it's not?  It's either acceptable or not.  I can see it now:  "JoMal's book of acceptable NBA whining."  So what makes it different is that it happened to YOUR team!  lol

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2006, 05:25:56 PM »

Hmm, could it be that you would rather focus on me than the hypocrisy in the original poster's thread? 
Asked how the Wizards' guard scored so many, Bryant said, "First of all, he shot 27 free throws. We as a team shot 30. Think about that."

Better yet Kobadiah, lets get out the stats book and compare some of your big FT games.

Hmm, not a comment in there at ALL about Kobe's ft attempts, huh?  Yep, simply conjecture on my part, huh?  Yep, you are as objective as ever!

Reading comprehension Randy...practice it sometime and you will be amazed at how simple communication can be.

I NEVER said that Reality didn't bring up the FT angle...actually if you read it closer you will see Kobe brought up the FT issue.  As far as it (Reality bashing Kobe but not others) being hypocrisy I'll agree with you.  Happy?

As far as focusing on you...if that little thought causes you to cream your panties than don't let me interrupt your bathroom fantasy.  However I was just trying to understand why you would turn every negative thread about the Lakers into an attack on the poster.

And your thoughts on Kobe dissing his opponent?  (if I ask enough maybe you will address the true topic).
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2006, 05:31:37 PM »

Sounds more like you have been dying for me to say something negative about your precious Kobe so you can accuse me <again> of saying something negative about your precious Kobe.

Your Catch-22 is showing.

As for the number of posts this thread has attracted as opposed to the brawl, other then the Randy/Lurker piddling contest, I would not have added much more then my original post except someone decided they needed more face time on the board, I guess.

Not really.  See I post here every single day on every issue that comes up in just about every thread.  You do not.  You are pretty active today JoMaL (cues C&C Music Factory video from youtube).   Why would I need to accuse you of talking negative about Kobe  when I am doing the same thing?    That doesn't make any sense at all.  I am speaking negative about him in this very thread.

You decided you needed more face time.  If you didn't you wouldn't have replied.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 05:34:59 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com