Author Topic: Bynum V SuperFabs I  (Read 4212 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Bynum V SuperFabs I
« on: December 07, 2006, 07:51:28 PM »
Dec 10 6:30 Pacific 9:30 Eastern.
San Antonio at LA Lakers

Fabs 6.6pts  5.3 boards 0.4 blocks
With big minutes from Poppy, can he keep up his torrid shooting that has cooled to 60% f.g.s?

SuperByns 7.6 pts 5.5 boards 1.4 blocks
Bynum had his worst game of the year last night in very limited minutes.
Will Phils headgames/motivational moves Spur Bynum on?
Lurker and Reality think so.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Bynum V SuperFabs I
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 09:02:56 PM »
Dec 10 6:30 Pacific 9:30 Eastern.
San Antonio at LA Lakers

Fabs 6.6pts  5.3 boards 0.4 blocks
With big minutes from Poppy, can he keep up his torrid shooting that has cooled to 60% f.g.s?

SuperByns 7.6 pts 5.5 boards 1.4 blocks
Bynum had his worst game of the year last night in very limited minutes.
Will Phils headgames/motivational moves Spur Bynum on?
Lurker and Reality think so.

Torrid shooting?  That must mean there is a typo in your post, Flabs must be averaging 66.6 pts, not a miserable 6.6.

Didn't know you spoke for Lurker, congrats!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 11:38:25 AM »
THE MATCHUP OF THE CENTURY@#!@*$)#@$

Obviously Kobe, Odom, Duncan, Parker are not going to decide who is going to win this game.  Only Flabs can with for SA and only SuperBynum can win for LA.  I am SA-LA-vating at this heavy weight championship fight in the paint..........for 8 minutes.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 12:04:52 PM »

Obviously Kobe, Odom, Duncan, Parker are not going to decide who is going to win this game.  Only Flabs can with for SA and only SuperBynum can win for LA.  I am SA-LA-vating at this heavy weight championship fight in the paint..........for 8 minutes.

Well I'm almost certain that...as Reality will attest...that Pop will be sooooo scared of Bynum embarrassing Fabs that Elson will be matched up with Bynum.  And the Lakers will win because Pop "let" the other coach outduel him.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 12:33:25 PM »

Well I'm almost certain that...as Reality will attest...that Pop will be sooooo scared of Bynum embarrassing Fabs that Elson will be matched up with Bynum.  And the Lakers will win because Pop "let" the other coach outduel him.

Ya I can already see the bone head move now of having the players continue to dump the ball to Tim Duncan in the post while he operates against Kwame Brown.  It pisses me off everytime I see it, it is like why not let Manu and Parker shoot jump shots 25 feet out?!

On a more serious note, I am looking forward to this game because I think this is a good test to gauge where the Lakers are at and what they really need to work on.  Nothing exposes flaws in a team like playing the best of the best.  Although IMO they match up a little better now with improvements coming from Kwame and Luke.  Should be interesting to say the least.  I enjoy when SA is in town.  Tried to get tickets for the game but it is close to impossible without paying CRAZY prices.  This one guy wanted 65 bucks for his nose bleed tickets!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 12:33:31 PM »
So the battle of the titans last night...

Flabs - 12 minutes - 2 points 4 rebounds 4 fouls...must mentioned that nice screen he set for SMUSH parker to get a layup at the outset of the game!  :o  :o  :o

Bynum - 18 minutes - 6 points 8 rebounds 1 assist 1 block 2 fouls

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 12:57:08 PM »
So the battle of the titans last night...

Flabs - 12 minutes - 2 points 4 rebounds 4 fouls...must mentioned that nice screen he set for SMUSH parker to get a layup at the outset of the game!  :o  :o  :o

Bynum - 18 minutes - 6 points 8 rebounds 1 assist 1 block 2 fouls

Flabs dominance was apparent even to the Laker faithfull.  I heard there were changs of "MVP", obviously in reference to Flabio.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 11:02:07 AM »
Reality you finally found your way back to the board after getting lost yesterday ::)  We would like you to weigh in on this subject of Flabs and SuperBynum.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 11:15:15 AM »
Oh I want to see what you and Lurker think of Genius Pops decision to have Michael Fins take more shots (2-10) then Duncan and Brent Barry.
Play more minutes then Barry, too.  Again.
Ya I can already see the bone head move now of having the players continue to dump the ball to Tim Duncan in the post while he operates against Kwame Brown.  It pisses me off everytime I see it, it is like why not let Manu and Parker shoot jump shots 25 feet out?!
Bynum played his role well and left the scoring up to Kobe and Odom that night.
Fabs i don't know, only watched the 2nd half.  Sounds like he dominated.  Why only 13 minutes?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 11:39:09 AM »
Oh I want to see what you and Lurker think of Genius Pops decision to have Michael Fins take more shots (2-10) then Duncan and Brent Barry.
Play more minutes then Barry, too.  Again.
Bynum played his role well and left the scoring up to Kobe and Odom that night.
Fabs i don't know, only watched the 2nd half.  Sounds like he dominated.  Why only 13 minutes?

You were at the game and heard Pop tell Michael Finley to take more jump shots!??!  How much were tickets?  I tried to get some but they are crazy expensive just for the nose bleeds.

Bynum played his role by rebounding and patrolling the paint.  Flabs played his role by bringing 45 minutes of gatorade for Elson and Duncan.  Both did their job and got it done for their team.  Flabs did dominate the gatorade assists.  I think he only had one turnover onto David Robinson's suit.  Why did Flabs only play 13 minutes?  At the begging of the game he got himself benched in under 1 minute (yes another bone head Popacement decision) for setting a screen on Tony Parker allowing Smush a layup.  The only reason he came back in at all in the first half is because of Elson picking up quick fouls

Oh and btw, Barry's defense was poor and he was taking outside shots himself instead of passing to Duncan.  Not sure why you think he should have been in just the same.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 11:41:06 AM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 11:58:40 AM »
Oh and btw, Barry's defense was poor and he was taking outside shots himself instead of passing to Duncan.  Not sure why you think he should have been in just the same.

Barry was 2-3 and made both of his three point attempts.

For the season he is 56.4% fgs and his three-point percentage to 55.4% for an adjusted fg rate of .761!
In his last five games, he’s made 25-of-33 field goal attempts and 16-of-22 three-pointers.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 12:21:37 PM »
I've only caught a few Spurs games, 1 and a 1/2 to be exact, that's the equivalent of 20 games for the rest of you, and very little of Elson.  My first impression was he is athletic and energetic on defense and crashing the boards.  I'm starting to get the impression he's pretty dumb and his stupidity is keeping him off the court.  Flabs on the other hand strikes me as a savy player with Euro-bigman skills but he doesn't have the athleticism or physical abilities to compete well.

I'll have to catch two more full games to be sure of my read on Elson and Flabs, that would be the equivalent of an entire season for the rest of you.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2006, 12:29:25 PM »
I've only caught a few Spurs games, 1 and a 1/2 to be exact, that's the equivalent of 20 games for the rest of you, and very little of Elson.  My first impression was he is athletic and energetic on defense and crashing the boards.  I'm starting to get the impression he's pretty dumb and his stupidity is keeping him off the court.  Flabs on the other hand strikes me as a savy player with Euro-bigman skills but he doesn't have the athleticism or physical abilities to compete well.

I'll have to catch two more full games to be sure of my read on Elson and Flabs, that would be the equivalent of an entire season for the rest of you.

Actually Elson is a very intelligent person.  His two biggest problems are 1) hands of stone (think Kwame last year) and 2) learning the Spurs system (Fabs has a 1 year head start).  Elson has quick feet for a big man and can guard out to the perimeter well.  He also runs the court very well.  He just has problem catching feeds into the post. 

Fabs has great court sense.  He knows how to find the openings under the basket.  He sets great picks.  He moves well without the ball.  He has "soft" hands for a bigman and good court vision.  His biggest shortcoming is lack of athleticism.

Reality...playing a role player (Barry) for starter minutes generally ends up being bad for both the player and the team.  Besides the simple fact...that neither you or Randy seem to understand...there is a WHOLE lot more to a basketball game than just shooting the ball for a high %.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2006, 12:36:18 PM »
Reality...playing a role player (Barry) for starter minutes generally ends up being bad for both the player and the team.  Besides the simple fact...that neither you or Randy seem to understand...there is a WHOLE lot more to a basketball game than just shooting the ball for a high %.

So its better to give those minutes to Finley?  Not.
If you think all Barry does well is shoot, drug test.  Barry does a bunch of little things well.  Floor spacing and passing he is excellent at, might be the best passer on the team along with SuperGNob.

W.O.W.flabs the Spurs are 9-0 when Frankie gets 20 minutes plus.  Last night he got 14 in the 1st half as the Spurs bolted to a 20 pt halftime lead.
Runs floor very well, as Lurker said can guard out to the perimeter and most importantly brings back TallBall 2005 Spurs Champ defense.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2006, 12:44:38 PM »
Reality...playing a role player (Barry) for starter minutes generally ends up being bad for both the player and the team. 

I agree with you that he seems very comfortable coming off the bench and playing give or take 20 min per game, thus why not continue.
But continueing to give FinBricks starts and equal minutes is beyond stoopid.
If you think his misses do not hurt the team because there is so much more to hoop then shots, crazy.
His bombs also are shot at such a time and from such a place (usually) that O board for the Spurs is out of the question.  Transition for other team with Spurs on heels is what happens.  He needs to take the ball to the rack much more often.  Especially while he is in the slump.