Author Topic: Bynum full time  (Read 6653 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Bynum full time
« on: November 11, 2006, 04:24:49 AM »
Laker Nation and Bynum watchers.

I said the two weeks of Bynum starting while Kwame and Mihm healed would do nothing but help Bynum long term, irregardless of how he played.  

Now he likely will be starting and/or playing big minutes for probably the whole season.  Mihm is out for 5-8 months.  Kwayme hopes to be back soon but i wonder how his shoulder really is.

Do you want Bynum to play big minutes?
Or is this too much for him at age 19 given his background?
 (not that much hoop).

In related news:
Bynum 10.2pts 6.2rb 1.3Blk  Field Goal 66%
Fabbs... 9.2pts 6.6rb  .40Blk  Field Goal 88%

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Bynum full time
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 03:44:24 PM »
In related news:
Bynum 10.2pts 6.2rb 1.3Blk Field Goal 66%
Fabbs... 9.2pts 6.6rb .40Blk Field Goal 88%

Yeah...too bad Fabs did all that in 1 game.  
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Bynum full time
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 11:10:47 AM »
Kwame played last night and did a decent job.  He looked pretty good on the defensive end for just coming back into the lineup.    If Bynum and Kwame can stay fresh by splitting minutes 50/50 at the 5 I think the Lakers defense will be a little bit more consistant.

Clear difference between the two...Bynum is more sure of himself then Kwame is.  Shows exactly why you should develop a player before putting them in a tough situation.  I am convinced that Doug Collins, Michael Jordan, and the rest of the Wizards org ruined his chance to be a much better player.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 11:12:55 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Bynum full time
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 04:44:56 PM »
Phil is keeping him at 19-29 per game.
This seems wise to me.  Young and fresh or not, it's a huge jump going from playing 30 high school games a season to an NBA 82.  I don't think he should get caught up in the per game averages so many MeMe NBA players do.  

If Phil wants to 40 him occasionally, i hope it falls on 2-3 days off afterwords.
I agree with you his D at times is what has been most impressive.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Bynum full time
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 11:36:00 AM »
Phil is keeping him at 19-29 per game.
This seems wise to me.  Young and fresh or not, it's a huge jump going from playing 30 high school games a season to an NBA 82.  I don't think he should get caught up in the per game averages so many MeMe NBA players do.  

If Phil wants to 40 him occasionally, i hope it falls on 2-3 days off afterwords.
I agree with you his D at times is what has been most impressive.
That sounds like a good number of minutes to make sure Bynum/Kwame can stay fresh to be active in the paint and on the glass.  This should also give them the legs to continue to be very effective on the offensive glass.  With the frickin Lakers being so in love with the 3 and deep 2s it is crucial that we make the most out of 2nd chance points.

Good point about NBA players and minutes.  When did personal wants start to come before the team?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Bynum full time
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 12:06:38 PM »
Good coaching isn't always just about teaching, but planning out effective minutes and good matchups, and making in-game switches, or changing the game plan focus because a better matchup appears during the game.

Jackson is extremely capable of seeing these things, which would explain how effective both Brown and Bynum are looking so far this season. Perhaps the motivation Brown required was just a better man to kick his butt when needed. Bynum, on the other hand, is a sponge at 19. Jackson's job is to plug up his other ear as he crams his gameplan into his head.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Bynum full time
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 12:26:36 PM »
Jackson's job is to plug up his other ear as he crams his gameplan into his head.
That's part of the problem with Bynum, Jackson isn't dexterous enough to plug Bynum's nostrils as well.  He's having to teach at a slower pace to reduce the nose flow of excess knowledge.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Bynum full time
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 12:47:20 PM »
That's part of the problem with Bynum, Jackson isn't dexterous enough to plug Bynum's nostrils as well.  He's having to teach at a slower pace to reduce the nose flow of excess knowledge.
WOW, the kid is 19 years old. If he can absorb 1/10 of what Jackson is trying to teach him, he is ahead of his any of his contempories not named James at that age.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Bynum full time
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 12:50:15 PM »
WOW, the kid is 19 years old. If he can absorb 1/10 of what Jackson is trying to teach him, he is ahead of his any of his contempories not named James at that age.
Unfortunately for us JoMal, 1/10 would also put him ahead of every Laker, regardless of age, with the exception of Kobe and Walton.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Bynum full time
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 12:52:37 PM »
Unfortunately for us JoMal, 1/10 would also put him ahead of every Laker, regardless of age, with the exception of Kobe and Walton.
 :rofl:

It's not that bad, WOW. Odom has started the season strong, hasn't he? And suddenly - - - - Kobe is complaining a bit about how his knee is limiting his lateral movement. Uh oh. That is what Webber was saying after he came back from knee surgury.  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bynum full time
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 02:33:44 PM »
In related news:
Bynum 10.2pts 6.2rb 1.3Blk Field Goal 66%
Fabbs... 9.2pts 6.6rb .40Blk Field Goal 88%

Yeah...too bad Fabs did all that in 1 game. 

Fabs responds.
Nov 27th
Bynum 8.9pts 6.4rb Field Goal 53%    (39-74)
Fabs   7.6pts 5.7rb  Field Goal 70%!! (46-68)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 04:58:49 PM »
You didn't include blocks.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 05:31:43 PM »
Bynum 1.4 Blocks and 2.9 FT@ 78%
Flabs   0.4 Blocks and 0.8 FT@ 73%
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 07:33:50 PM »
Bynum 1.4 Blocks and 2.9 FT@ 78%
Flabs   0.4 Blocks and 0.8 FT@ 73%

Those two are very important stats that clearly show who is the better player right now.

See Duncan doesn't really need help scoring...he has plenty of people on the squad to help him with that.  What he does need is someone to help patrol and control the paint.  It would be interesting to see Bynum playing along side Duncan with Duncan teaching Bynum the same way D-Rob taught him.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 08:05:23 PM »
Those two are very important stats that clearly show who is the better player right now.

See Duncan doesn't really need help scoring...he has plenty of people on the squad to help him with that.  What he does need is someone to help patrol and control the paint.  It would be interesting to see Bynum playing along side Duncan with Duncan teaching Bynum the same way D-Rob taught him.[/quote]
Go on.  The Spurs are listening to this trade talk.