Poll

Which of these foreign players is the best?

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Foreign players  (Read 4268 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Foreign players
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2004, 02:09:40 PM »
I apologize on leaving Manu and Kirilenko off.  I was going to put Kirilenko on, and then just spaced.  As far as Medvenenko, it was strictly for WOW, knowing that he could never bring himself to vote for Peja.  I wanted to give him an easy out.
LOL!

Not only would you have to put on Slava but you would have to leave off Diggler, Yao and AK-47 for me to vote for Peja.  Peja's a great shooter and decent scorer but so I Diggler and he's a better rebounder and he's 7 freaking feet tall.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Guest_Randy

Foreign players
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2004, 02:58:18 PM »
What are we going on?  This years results?  Play to date?  

Peja -- best shooter in the NBA.  Quick release and can shoot with an opponent in his grill.  Not a good defensive player but is a decent passer and is unselfish.

Dirk -- great shooter and great rebounder.  Plays like a SF but doesn't know what defense is.

Yao -- great shooter, rebounder and shotblocker.  His greatest asset, however, is his heighth.  He HAS to work out his conditioning problems.  You can't be a franchise player until you can play EVERY minute of a game if needed.  If you have to sit down every 5-7 minutes just to catch your breath, you can cause your team to lose.  

Kirilenko -- excellent defender and shotblocker but needs to work on developing a consistent outside shot.  TONS of upside but Sloan has a tendency to make decent players look like great ones (see Matt Harpring, Howard Eisley, Anderson, etc.).  

Slava?  Please, I'm a Laker fan and bleed purple and gold but I won't touch this one.  Unless real GM's are reading this and would consider trading something decent for this guy.

Offline TheloMonk

• View Profile
    • Email
Foreign players
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2004, 08:30:52 PM »
I think Peja is having a MVP season this year.  It's not mentioned much because THE KID is running away with it.  I think Yao has most potential to be great.   I would have included Kirilenko, that dude's a stud.