Poll

Which of these foreign players is the best?

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Foreign players  (Read 4267 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Foreign players
« on: March 17, 2004, 12:52:20 AM »
I know who WayOutWest will be voting for.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
Foreign players
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 09:06:49 AM »
Probably Dirk, but not by much. Peja is a very close second.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Foreign players
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 09:16:48 AM »
Medevenko by a MILE!  Hey...what ever happened to Medevenko's Dad?  Remember him?
Paul

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Foreign players
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 10:08:26 AM »
I would say that Dirk is currently but I would put Yao second and closing fast.

:ph34r:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Foreign players
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 10:58:56 AM »
Yao now, and i'mnot dissing Dirk.
Look at YaoNow with Van Grunty repressing him.

GNob not on the list but the glittering Slav is.
Shame ziggy.....

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Foreign players
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 11:33:23 AM »
You put Stanislav Medvedenko on this list before Andrei Kirilenko?

I'd put Gordan Giricek on before Medved. Arvydas Sabonis' ghost is better than Medved.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
Foreign players
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 11:39:48 AM »
I apologize on leaving Manu and Kirilenko off.  I was going to put Kirilenko on, and then just spaced.  As far as Medvenenko, it was strictly for WOW, knowing that he could never bring himself to vote for Peja.  I wanted to give him an easy out.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Foreign players
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 11:39:58 AM »
You left off the best international player...the two time MVP Tim Duncan.   The NBA considers Duncan a "foreign" player.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
Foreign players
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 11:43:05 AM »
You left off the best international player...the two time MVP Tim Duncan.   The NBA considers Duncan a "foreign" player.

He is playing on the US Olympic Team, that makes him an American.

AA Mil

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Foreign players
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2004, 11:47:48 AM »
You left off the best international player...the two time MVP Tim Duncan.   The NBA considers Duncan a "foreign" player.

He is playing on the US Olympic Team, that makes him an American.
So I guess Hakeem can not be considered as a foreign player any more either...he played for the US Olympic team.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Foreign players
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2004, 12:16:23 PM »
Well, Peja puts the most points up, but for all round play I would vote for Kirilenko, with Yao as the future.

Right now, though, I have to say Peja is the best.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Foreign players
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2004, 01:31:51 PM »
Where the heck is Kirilenko?!?!?! I voted Dirk but man it is close between him, Peja, and Kirilenko! Kirilenko would have gotten my vote just by virtue of his more rounded game and his unbelievable hustle, turnovers seem to be about his only weakness. Great poll Ziggy!
Dan

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
Foreign players
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2004, 01:40:24 PM »
And Paul Gasol??? :o  
Paul

jn

Foreign players
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2004, 01:58:43 PM »
As soon as Gasol develops his defense to the point where he could hold ME under 60% he can go on the list.  

For this year I will go with Peja with Dirk to take the title back as soon as 'Toine is traded or injured.  Yao may well pass him next year.  

And yeah? Where is Kirilenko?  ;)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Foreign players
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2004, 02:04:55 PM »
Yao Bling Bling is da man despite not being as skilled or versatile is the Diggler.  Diggler is by far the better player but Yao is more effective and dare I say "dominant".  Entire teams are now having to adjust to facing Yao cause he affects both ends of the court, Dirk only affects one end.

If Yao can play at the level he's capable of on a more consistant basis it will be a question of wether or not he was the best foreign player EVER.  Watch you back Sabbas!

P.S.  We're going to have to define "foreign" a bit better considering Ewing and Duncan.  Do we mean on U.S. HS or college ball or birthplace?  
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"