Author Topic: Spurs = Quitters  (Read 1410 times)

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Spurs = Quitters
« on: March 16, 2004, 09:59:20 AM »
Horrible game last night against a scrubby team. Spurs hit only 9 FG's in the first half.  Spurs can't win w/o Duncan, they are not a pure jump shooting team. I fear Timmy's injury is far worse than the team is letting on. :(  
Paul

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs = Quitters
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 12:14:52 PM »
I thought GStates offense was pretty impressive.  I counted 4-5 times they beat the shot clock while the ball was in the air and got all net.  Several of them 3 pointers with Spurs defenders right on them.  I dare say it was the best game GState has played in ages.

Beyond that i dont get the Spurs O at all.  What is up with Turkey only taking 7 shots and only 3 trey attempts.  Dude has been hitting treys at 50% in March.  With Duncan out let him fire away.  Could it be any worse if he did.  As is they lost by 15.  Heaven forbid they should score 100 again Pop, dont let that happen.
KWillis 7 minutes?  :angry:   Nestro is doing ok but certainly wont hurt to alternate TRex or even team them up for a little time each game.

jn

Spurs = Quitters
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 01:23:58 PM »
Just remember to keep slumping AT LEAST through Thursday.   ;)

Spurs = Quitters
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 03:42:07 PM »
Just remember to keep slumping AT LEAST through Thursday.   ;)
You guys are lucky you are on the road when Duncan is out hurt......you could loose that top spot if the situation was different ;)

I agree with Reality......let these guys toss up some more shots.  How could it hurt them?  If Duncan is in the game then run everything thru him.....but if hes on the bench do what you need to do.  Put it in the hole.  Does Manu have the green light to do what he wants? I think it would be silly to have it any other way when Duncan is out for an extended period of time.