Author Topic: Message 1 of 2 delivered  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Message 1 of 2 delivered
« on: March 29, 2006, 01:19:26 AM »
For those Clips who thought the previous games meant the Clips had the Spurs number, message 1 delivered.  Superb all around game.  Absolutely giddy with Barrys minutes and response.  SuperManu playing like only he can and like only Randoph can miss.  Bricks Finley getting the feeds from Barry and Manu.  Bob Horry with some clutch D.  Great all around game.  Tim Dunkar looking good after a nights rest.  Now REST some players Thursday night Pop-A-Cement.  Use the bench liberally again.  SuperFabbs appearance is a must in GlitterVille.

As to Phil and his pyschobabble on how he likes his team vs anyone in the WConf. Keep it up and you may just get a #1 Spurs vs #8 Lakers.  We'll see your smug face Thursday night.  Only one who can bail you out is Pop or the zebras.

Lurker posted:  http://www.phillyarena.net/forums/index.ph...&hl=barry&st=15
Spurs minutes when the playoffs start:
C: Rasho 18-20, Nazr 16-18, Duncan 10-12
PF: Duncan 30-33, Horry 15-18
SF: Bowen 33-35, Finley 13-15
SG: Finley 16-18, Manu 30-32
PG: Parker 38-40, Van Exel 8-10

No siree.  Barry for at least 10 and more like 20 per game.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Message 1 of 2 delivered
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 08:54:39 AM »
I think the Spurs are going to keep the non-repeat cycle going.

I've been surprised by the play of the Pistons and Mavs but IMO the injury bug is going to take out the Spurs.  40 to 45 minutes per game in the playoffs for TD?  TD is no Shaq in the playoffs, he can't keep up that many minutes and survice the NBA's second season.  Look for Dallas to make it's run into the NBA finals but get stopped by the Pistons.  What irony, Finely moves over to the current champs and his ex-team might be the next champs.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Message 1 of 2 delivered
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 10:16:39 AM »
Look for Dallas to make it's run into the NBA finals but get stopped by the Pistons. 
I'm hearing you and I'm incensed at how many minutes Pop is playing the Big Three on the second night of b2bs.  If he substitued freely, the Spurs pass the Pistons for home court advantage.

However what you are not hearing is this:
50-5 [/size]with at least one night off in between games.
Playoffs will give the Spurs at least one night off in between.  Bring on the Mavs.  The Suns just got ousted.  AStoudamire is toast.

guest-koast

Message 1 of 2 delivered
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 10:17:10 AM »
Two things Reality:

The Kings are slipping behind the Lakers for that 7th spot.  Check the standings  they are  2 and a half games back from the Lakers for that spot trying to make sure they keep that comfort zone ahead of NO.

Second, I didn't see very many "bricks" from Finley last night.  So its time for you to put your foot in your mouth when it comes to the little nickname you gave him.  How is it SuperFabs for the entire year when he hasn't done anything yet Finley has been playing solid towards the end of the season and he is still "bricks".  Be a man and admit you were wrong  :nod:  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Message 1 of 2 delivered
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 10:35:12 AM »
What was i wrong about.

I said Finley was sucking in the 1st half of the year and needed to pick it up and do what he was brought over for.  Since the All Star break he has been a completely different player.  To my delight i might add.

I also said I was not in favor of all-Finley/no Barry.  Witness last nights game. :up:

If Pop uses the entire team including SuperFabs, I favor the Spurs all the way.

Lakers yes on a good 4 game run.  These next 5 they have some challenges including a couple b2bs.  If they get thru this 5 game stretch with 3 or 4 wins then 7th will be a lock.  Even if they stumble with 1 or 2 wins, Kings probably wont catch them.  Oh well, i wanted you and WOW to see the SuperSpurs at Staples playoffs.  Maybe you still can vs Clips. :up:

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Message 1 of 2 delivered
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 10:39:21 AM »
Also WOW,

Can you ask around and see if anyone at Staples/LakerDom/Clipville has heard of a shuttle bus/van/groupride from The OC and back for games at Staples?

Clips customer service said "they are sure there is one, they just don't know who it would be." :rolleyes:  :rofl:  Okay well thanks!

guest-koast

Message 1 of 2 delivered
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 11:28:08 AM »
What was i wrong about.

I said Finley was sucking in the 1st half of the year and needed to pick it up and do what he was brought over for.  Since the All Star break he has been a completely different player.  To my delight i might add.

I also said I was not in favor of all-Finley/no Barry.  Witness last nights game. :up:

If Pop uses the entire team including SuperFabs, I favor the Spurs all the way.

Lakers yes on a good 4 game run.  These next 5 they have some challenges including a couple b2bs.  If they get thru this 5 game stretch with 3 or 4 wins then 7th will be a lock.  Even if they stumble with 1 or 2 wins, Kings probably wont catch them.  Oh well, i wanted you and WOW to see the SuperSpurs at Staples playoffs.  Maybe you still can vs Clips. :up:
Reality, you continue to talk bad about Finley even though he is playing well.  That is why I am telling you to man up.  Admit you were wrong and keep it moving.  I'd ask you to do the same with Fabs but love makes people act crazy and stay in denial.

Playing Barry alot in the playoffs IMO is a mistake because he is a defensive liability.  The guy is just not a good defender where Finley on the other hand is.  He maybe a bit older and not quite as quick but he is a smart defensive basketball player.

I was going to sit in the LA Times Box last night to see the SuperSpurs play the Clips but business calls!  You act as if it would be painfull for me to watch the Spurs.  I actually enjoy their brand of basketball, I thought I made that very clear over the years??

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Message 1 of 2 delivered
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 11:57:52 AM »
Reality, you continue to talk bad about Finley even though he is playing well.  That is why I am telling you to man up.  Admit you were wrong and keep it moving.  I'd ask you to do the same with Fabs but love makes people act crazy and stay in denial.

Playing Barry alot in the playoffs IMO is a mistake because he is a defensive liability.  The guy is just not a good defender where Finley on the other hand is.  He maybe a bit older and not quite as quick but he is a smart defensive basketball player.

I was going to sit in the LA Times Box last night to see the SuperSpurs play the Clips but business calls!  You act as if it would be painfull for me to watch the Spurs.  I actually enjoy their brand of basketball, I thought I made that very clear over the years?? [/quote]
 I called Staples and a hispanc accented younger woman said she has no clue about transport from The OC to Staples but that she could call a taxi service for us if i'd like. :rofl:

1.  Finley needs to come thru in the playoffs, as Barry has already done to fulfull his Spursesness.  I concur he was not "Bricks" last night and has been tons better the second half.

2.  Barry is not a defensive liability.  See last years WCFs and Finals.  He is long, gets steals and occasional blocks.  Plays very good team D.  The rap on Barry is when is not assertive enough on both O and D.  On O he needs to avoid overpassing and take the drive or shot when he has it.  This he has done since the trade deadline wake up call.

3.  A Spurs-Lakers matchup would be painful yet educational for you to watch.
I do believe you would enjoy a Spurs-Clips game.  I was gonna drive to last nights Spurs-Clips game but when the downpour hit last night i said forget it.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Message 1 of 2 delivered
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 12:12:15 PM »
Amtrak will take you from Oceanside or Mission Viejo to downtown.  Then it's a short cab ride or maybe one of the new commuter trains.  There is a commuter trainstation one block from Staples.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Message 1 of 2 delivered
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 12:47:11 PM »
Amtrak will take you from Oceanside or Mission Viejo to downtown.  Then it's a short cab ride or maybe one of the new commuter trains.  There is a commuter trainstation one block from Staples.
W.O.W I'm coming from Mission Viejo on gamenight Thursday.
So far its San Juan Cap or Irvine to catch the Amtrack continuing north to the Amtrack Station in downtown LA.

Amtrack rep said problem is that downtown station is a zoo and she said to allow over an hour to get from it to Staples. :eek2:  Wow to go 2.7 miles?  I suppose so with traffic.  Plus a cab will be what, $25?   Metrolink is doable i suppose.  But to have to switch to a whole nother train. :nonono:

Which brings up the coming back part.  Last Amtracker south to The OC departs said station at 10:10.  Deal killer unless the Spurs win by 40.  Even then i, as you and westkoast, want to see the Human Victory Cigar :D (Fabs) make his appearance.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 01:11:18 PM by Reality »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Message 1 of 2 delivered
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006, 10:18:44 PM »
Amtrak will take you from Oceanside or Mission Viejo to downtown.  Then it's a short cab ride or maybe one of the new commuter trains.  There is a commuter trainstation one block from Staples.
W.O.W I'm coming from Mission Viejo on gamenight Thursday.
So far its San Juan Cap or Irvine to catch the Amtrack continuing north to the Amtrack Station in downtown LA.

Amtrack rep said problem is that downtown station is a zoo and she said to allow over an hour to get from it to Staples. :eek2:  Wow to go 2.7 miles?  I suppose so with traffic.  Plus a cab will be what, $25?   Metrolink is doable i suppose.  But to have to switch to a whole nother train. :nonono:

Which brings up the coming back part.  Last Amtracker south to The OC departs said station at 10:10.  Deal killer unless the Spurs win by 40.  Even then i, as you and westkoast, want to see the Human Victory Cigar :D (Fabs) make his appearance.
Last train back does screw you up, you'd have to leave Staples around 9:30 to make that one.  That's before the start of the 4th.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Message 1 of 2 delivered
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 11:34:39 PM »