Author Topic: Amare is BACK!!!  (Read 683 times)

Guest_Randy

Amare is BACK!!!
« on: March 24, 2006, 09:11:59 AM »
Now it was just the Blazers but in 19 minutes?
  7 for 14 fg (50%)
  6 for 7 ft (85%)
  9 reb (5 off)
  2 blk
  20 points

Not bad in limited minutes -- if the Suns can get Kurt Thomas healthy for the playoffs, they have a legit shot at a title, IMO.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Amare is BACK!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 11:05:37 AM »
  7 for 14 fg (50%)
  6 for 7 ft (85%)
  9 reb (5 off)
  2 blk
  20 points

Not bad in limited minutes -- if the Suns can get Kurt Thomas healthy for the playoffs, they have a legit shot at a title, IMO.
I am very glad that Amare is back!  The guy is a beat on the court its hard not to like him.

If Amare can get a little bit more wind by playoff time they have a legit shot.  I don't think Kurt Thomas is going to be that big of a factor in crunch time.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Randy

Amare is BACK!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 11:09:18 AM »
  7 for 14 fg (50%)
  6 for 7 ft (85%)
  9 reb (5 off)
  2 blk
  20 points

I am very glad that Amare is back!  The guy is a beat on the court its hard not to like him.

If Amare can get a little bit more wind by playoff time they have a legit shot.  I don't think Kurt Thomas is going to be that big of a factor in crunch time.
Sorry, couldn't disagree more -- Kurt Thomas is a very good defensive post player and a solid rebounder -- something the Suns have NEVER had.  A healthy Thomas gives the Suns post defense and rebounding -- and that is a HUGE contribution.  Esp. when you are able to alternate Thomas' presence with Diaw's -- it is going to keep opponents working hard to adjust.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Amare is BACK!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 11:22:15 AM »
  7 for 14 fg (50%)
  6 for 7 ft (85%)
  9 reb (5 off)
  2 blk
  20 points

Sorry, couldn't disagree more -- Kurt Thomas is a very good defensive post player and a solid rebounder -- something the Suns have NEVER had.  A healthy Thomas gives the Suns post defense and rebounding -- and that is a HUGE contribution.  Esp. when you are able to alternate Thomas' presence with Diaw's -- it is going to keep opponents working hard to adjust.
I cannot really think of when he has ever had a big impact on a playoff series.  You are right he is a good rebounder but as far as post defense in the playoffs I guess we will see.  If the playoffs were to start today he would probably be guarding Kwame "Don't guard me I take myself out of the game" Brown.

I think Elton Brand, Dirk, Tim Duncan, Camby/Carmelo would be a different story.  Maybe Ill eat crow who knows  :D  
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Amare is BACK!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 12:18:31 PM »
I cannot really think of when he has ever had a big impact on a playoff series.

The improbable run to the Finals for the, I believe 8th seed Knicks, in the shortened 1999 season was a great display of exactly what kind of impact rebounding and defense from Kurt Thomas does.  Those playoffs were the coming out party of both Kurt Thomas and Marcus Camby (moreso Camby to be fair).  
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."