Author Topic: Not to interupt the Laker vs whomever threads  (Read 3061 times)

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Not to interupt the Laker vs whomever threads
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 04:33:59 PM »
Guys like Bibby and Miller should not need to be challenged just to win basketball games.
No kidding!  Which makes it even more pathetic that a guy like Shaq always needs some external factor, or perceived factor, to get him motivated.  Sorry, this thread had gone far too long without a Laker reference.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 04:45:35 PM »
I'd like to see Kobe get schooled by Michael Finley in a #1-#8 matchup.
That would cost you a ton of money.

You'd have to invest BILLIONS, if not TRILLIONS, into Flux Capacitor technology.  Then all you have to do is get Finely into the Delorian and send him back to 1995 to retrieve his younger self, then have the young 1995 Finely travel to the year 2026 to challenge the old washed up Kobe in a game of basketball.  

At that point you MIGHT see Finely school Kobe.

MIGHT.....
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2006, 04:55:28 PM »

His NBA "shape" is coming along nicely, though his offense is not always there. His moves to the basket are particularly awkward, but mostly affective. Sometimes he looks like a walrus dribbling the basketball through the lane, but then the ball goes through the hoop and he gets fouled. You have to wait for the replay to see how the heck he got away with it.

I am sure its coming along, he is playing himself into somewhat shape but he is not quite there yet.  Correct me if I am wrong but he is actually playing less minutes than normal probably for that same reason.  His brute strength is still there but his wind and ability to move his body to frustrate offensive players is a step off.  That will be fixed by the end of this year as he actually might get to play 40 games this season!!!

I think that Artest would have improved any team he was traded to, but perhaps none more dramatically then the Kings. From his actions and quotes since coming to town, he clearly was "image" conscious. He knows he has a career to resurrect. He might even be going overboard with trying to fit in, but that is great for us, and he has backed it up. 

Well with what we see now thats easy to say.  I think alot of us agree now that he would have improved any team based on his attitude and what he has done in Sac-town.  Prior to that though alot of us were Ehhhh because you just don't know what to expect.  Sure Ron's image is damaged and he will forever be pegged as a hot head nut bag by the naysayers but he is doing everything right so far.  The problem is its hard to just assume everything will be peachy forever.  Indiana did and we saw what happend there.  Not that I am wishing ill on the Kings, you know I am Kings fan that wont ever really admit it in public.

He also guaranteed....GUARANTEED....that the Kings would make the playoffs.

Whether the Kings do or not, that is a bold thing to say, and talk about challenging his new teammates to excel. But he really should not have had to do that. Guys like Bibby and Miller should not need to be challenged just to win basketball games.

Ballsy and bold but something that obviously needed to be said.  Who else would say something like that other than Artest and Sheed?  Obviously the team went from dragging their feet like children to thinking 'hay we could make the playoffs' so whether you guys make it or not it was still worth saying.  Of course you guys will be called on it forever and a half if you dont haha

Why Bibby needs to be challenged to want to win I dunno.  If anything a good ol tape from when he was stuck in Memphis should motivate him enough to remember why he is in a good situation.  Brad Miller?  He could be wearing red right now :lol:  These guys seem to have forgot why they were so happy and amped to play when they first got here.  Ron Artest shouldn't motivate them...past teams they ditched should!!!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2006, 05:59:23 PM »
This is obviously an attempt by you to take away from the night Michael Finley had.

Reality, don't you mean "night-S " Michael Finley has had.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 06:00:10 PM by Skandery »
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2006, 06:15:52 PM »
This is obviously an attempt by you to take away from the night Michael Finley had.

Reality, don't you mean "night-S " Michael Finley has had.
You are correct.
Since Finley recieved encouragment to pick up his skillz:

Since All Star break:

23min, 5-10, 4-6, 0-0, 14pts
27min, 3-12, 1-5, 4-4, 11pts
20min, 0-4, 0-1, 0-1, 0pts
23min, 8-8, 5-5, 1-2, 22pts
25min, 5-9, 1-3, 4-6, 15pts
21min, 3-8, 1-2, 2-2, 9pts
26min, 8-11, 5-6, 0-1, 21pts

Ave
24 min
32-62 fg (51.6%)
17-28 3pt (60.7%) :eek2:  :up:
11-14 ft (79%)
13 ppg

Throw out the 2 egg layer games and Fins has been on fire.
I especially liked his MJ-like fadeaway jumper over Stackhouse.  Props to Stack also, he had a beauty fadeaway over Fins also.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2006, 06:26:23 PM »
Guys like Bibby and Miller should not need to be challenged just to win basketball games.
No kidding!  Which makes it even more pathetic that a guy like Shaq always needs some external factor, or perceived factor, to get him motivated.  Sorry, this thread had gone far too long without a Laker reference.
Okay, its gone on for about four hours now without referencing the Lakers, ([size=8]whisper[/size].....but....um....msc?  - Shaq is with the Miami Heat now, not the Lakers)
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2006, 06:36:54 PM »
I am sure its coming along, he is playing himself into somewhat shape but he is not quite there yet.  Correct me if I am wrong but he is actually playing less minutes than normal probably for that same reason.  His brute strength is still there but his wind and ability to move his body to frustrate offensive players is a step off.  That will be fixed by the end of this year as he actually might get to play 40 games this season!!!

Actually a minute more per game then earlier this season with Indiana. Artest was logging 37.7 minutes a game with the Pacers and has averaged 38.7 in 18 games with the Kings. He only played 16 games with the Pacers.

Last season, in.....um.....7 games, Ron was at 41.6 minutes per game. Both he and Bonzi Wells can expect extended minutes in these last twenty or so games to build up their wind.

Well with what we see now thats easy to say.  I think alot of us agree now that he would have improved any team based on his attitude and what he has done in Sac-town.  Prior to that though alot of us were Ehhhh because you just don't know what to expect.  Sure Ron's image is damaged and he will forever be pegged as a hot head nut bag by the naysayers but he is doing everything right so far.  The problem is its hard to just assume everything will be peachy forever.  Indiana did and we saw what happend there.  Not that I am wishing ill on the Kings, you know I am Kings fan that wont ever really admit it in public.

I know. I was one of them. I came right out and said I did not want that bi-polar nutcase on the Sacrmento Kings. His medication must be kicking in. Hope he stays on it.

Whether the Kings do or not, that is a bold thing to say, and talk about challenging his new teammates to excel. But he really should not have had to do that. Guys like Bibby and Miller should not need to be challenged just to win basketball games.

For some reason, Miller especially ties his toughness to Ron's coattails. Suddenly, Brad is setting picks that knock smallesh guards to the floor and stands a minute over their prone bodies, then throws an elbow at a charging forward. Guess he now feels he has a guy on his team who will back him up.

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2006, 06:48:00 PM »
I am sure its coming along, he is playing himself into somewhat shape but he is not quite there yet.  Correct me if I am wrong but he is actually playing less minutes than normal probably for that same reason.  His brute strength is still there but his wind and ability to move his body to frustrate offensive players is a step off.  That will be fixed by the end of this year as he actually might get to play 40 games this season!!!

Actually a minute more per game then earlier this season with Indiana. Artest was logging 37.7 minutes a game with the Pacers and has averaged 38.7 in 18 games with the Kings. He only played 16 games with the Pacers.

Last season, in.....um.....7 games, Ron was at 41.6 minutes per game. Both he and Bonzi Wells can expect extended minutes in these last twenty or so games to build up their wind.

Well with what we see now thats easy to say.  I think alot of us agree now that he would have improved any team based on his attitude and what he has done in Sac-town.  Prior to that though alot of us were Ehhhh because you just don't know what to expect.  Sure Ron's image is damaged and he will forever be pegged as a hot head nut bag by the naysayers but he is doing everything right so far.  The problem is its hard to just assume everything will be peachy forever.  Indiana did and we saw what happend there.  Not that I am wishing ill on the Kings, you know I am Kings fan that wont ever really admit it in public.

I know. I was one of them. I came right out and said I did not want that bi-polar nutcase on the Sacrmento Kings. His medication must be kicking in. Hope he stays on it.

For some reason, Miller especially ties his toughness to Ron's coattails. Suddenly, Brad is setting picks that knock smallesh guards to the floor and stands a minute over their prone bodies, then throws an elbow at a charging forward. Guess he now feels he has a guy on his team who will back him up.
Ask Mike Jordan and Isiah Thomas how nice it is to have a bruiser on your squad that will fight for you.  Surely makes things alot easier when you know you have a big guy who is in your corner.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2006, 07:17:33 PM »
:rofl:
Okay, its gone on for about four hours now without referencing the Lakers, ([size=8]whisper[/size].....but....um....msc?  - Shaq is with the Miami Heat now, not the Lakers)
What?!  There's no such thing as Scotch-toberfest?!  Ya used me Skinner .... ya used me!!!!

Next you're probably going to tell me that Jerry West is no longer a Laker either ...

Come on JoMal, you should know by now that the NBA planet revolves around the Los Angeles Lakers.  As a result all things Shaq will always be a reference to his time spent with the greatest pro basketball franchise on the planet.  

BTW, speaking of Shaq and Miami, I heard Bill Walton pick the Heat to win it all the other night, so Shaq’s got that going for him down in Miami …   :rolleyes:

I also read a quote from Shaq saying that Antoine Walker (aka employee #8) is the key to Miami's success and he needs 'Toine to be the equivalent of his Bob Horry when he was on the Lakers.  Ummm, didn't Bob Horry play D and actually make some of his 3's when in LA?  Good luck with that Shaq ...  :rofl:  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2006, 07:35:35 PM »
What?!  There's no such thing as Scotch-toberfest?!  Ya used me Skinner .... ya used me!!!!

Next you're probably going to tell me that Jerry West is no longer a Laker either ...

Scotch-toberfest??? Why wasn't I notified of this?

And Jerry West has gone to that great Memphis Blues-fest in the sky. But all was not lost for your LA team. They each scattered banana peels all over the Staples Arena before departing.

Come on JoMal, you should know by now that the NBA planet revolves around the Los Angeles Lakers.  As a result all things Shaq will always be a reference to his time spent with the greatest pro basketball franchise on the planet. 

You mean Orlando???? Grant Hill, McGrady - if only.

BTW, speaking of Shaq and Miami, I heard Bill Walton pick the Heat to win it all the other night, so Shaq’s got that going for him down in Miami …   :rolleyes:

Bill Walton once picked the trifecta at the Boogerville hogcalling contest, so his prognostications ring righteous.

I also read a quote from Shaq saying that Antoine Walker (aka employee #8) is the key to Miami's success and he needs 'Toine to be the equivalent of his Bob Horry when he was on the Lakers.  Ummm, didn't Bob Horry play D and actually make some of his 3's when in LA?  Good luck with that Shaq ...  :rofl:

So Shaq is conceding the playoffs already?  

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2006, 12:39:48 PM »
Scotch-toberfest??? Why wasn't I notified of this?
Sorry, JoMal, I didn't mean to get your hopes up.  

Unfortunately, to my knowledge, there is no such thing as Scotchtoberfest.  Although, I have to think that the Scots must have some sort of equivalent to the German celebration.  Instead of slurping room temperature beirs and scarfing down bratwursts, they sip Scotch neat and feast on haggis.  

Actually, I was just being silly and quoting Groundskeeper Willie from The Simpsons.  

Bill Walton once picked the trifecta at the Boogerville hogcalling contest, so his prognostications ring righteous.

:rofl:

Well, the Heat have one like 10 in a row, so I can see why even Bill Walton would clue in and jump on their bandwagon.  I'm just surprised that Reality hasn't yet.  

So Shaq is conceding the playoffs already?

Actually he did that 3-years ago, so it's business as usual for the Big Lazy.  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2006, 12:52:23 PM »
Sorry, JoMal, I didn't mean to get your hopes up.  

Unfortunately, to my knowledge, there is no such thing as Scotchtoberfest.  Although, I have to think that the Scots must have some sort of equivalent to the German celebration.  Instead of slurping room temperature beirs and scarfing down bratwursts, they sip Scotch neat and feast on haggis.  

I think I might have mentioned earlier that I have acquired a taste for the good Scotch. Not that I would waste it by matching up good scotch whisky with Haggis. You want to guzzle ANYTHING with a bite to it to cover up the taste of that stuff.

Well, the Heat have one like 10 in a row, so I can see why even Bill Walton would clue in and jump on their bandwagon.  I'm just surprised that Reality hasn't yet. 

It must have been tough for him to commit like that, instead of weighing the chances of him looking like an idiot if he has overestimated their chances.

And I think you are overestimating Reality's nimbleness in leaping from bandwagon to bandwagon. He, like the rest of us, has slowed down in recent years and now he has to wait until the wagon comes to a stop before he is helped up to it.