Author Topic: The myth that is "Bricks"  (Read 1156 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
The myth that is "Bricks"
« on: March 07, 2006, 11:00:52 AM »
26 minutes

8 for 11 from the field

5 for 6 from 3

11 points in the 4th

Crushed any kind of momentum the Lakers tried to establish with back breaking 3s.

If thats what brick layers do then please can you send one out my way!

(Props to the Spurs fans for last nights win, I am sure everyone was real suprised when the Spurs beat the Lakers :lol:)

Also Oberto played 3:30 minutes instead of the 2 minutes I expected Super Byns and Flabs to get between them.  He changed the whole outlook of the game by doing nothing but smacking a ball out of bounce to give it to the Lakers.  Now thats production.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 11:01:01 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 11:31:29 AM »
Props to the Spurs on a solid win for them.  The Lakers made it interesting for a half and then almost in the the 4th q after laying an egg in the 3rd, but Finley and Manu crushed any chances of a comeback.  I would have liked to see some closer permiter d, but you've got to pick your poison and I think the Lakers did a relatively good job of clogging the lanes for Parker.  If Finley and Manu are going to get hot like that from deep ... it's going to be tough to beat that team.  Good win for the Spurs.    

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 11:37:32 AM »
Thanks guys.

However I was really looking forward to that superhyped matchup between Fabs & Bynum.  The Zenmeister missed the chance when Pop went to his gamechanger.  In the end Fabs 3 1/2 minutes was the difference maker....and it won't show up in the box score because it was all the little things like positioning (blocking the official's view) and high fives (encouraging his teammates to shoot before he has a chance to touch the ball) that made the difference.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 11:46:57 AM »
Thanks guys.

However I was really looking forward to that superhyped matchup between Fabs & Bynum.  The Zenmeister missed the chance when Pop went to his gamechanger.  In the end Fabs 3 1/2 minutes was the difference maker....and it won't show up in the box score because it was all the little things like positioning (blocking the official's view) and high fives (encouraging his teammates to shoot before he has a chance to touch the ball) that made the difference.
:rofl:  :rofl:

Who says Lurker doesn't have a sense of humor.

And Msc, the Lakers made it a game for a quarter and a half heh.  From the middle of the 2nd on mr. momentum started to change into a different jersey.  Seem to run right along with when Finley got going hmmmm......

Any news on exactly what is up with Tim's health.  He did look a little slower than normal.  Certainly that wasn't Kwame Brown and Brian Cook's instopable defense that made him look less then his normal great self.  Kwame played him as well as a basketball player of his caliber (.22)  could but normally Duncan toasts guys who just try to body him up and don't at least challenge some shots.

In past years if you shut down Duncan you had a good shot to beat the Spurs.  Then Parker started to play better....so you slow down Parker best you can ( do the same with Duncan ) and you could have a shot to beat em.  Now you can slow both Parker and Duncan down only to have Manu, Finley, Van Exel,  and Horry burn you from the perimeter.  Never ending  :bash:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 11:51:02 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 11:53:35 AM »
Any news on exactly what is up with Tim's health.  He did look a little slower than normal.  Certainly that wasn't Kwame Brown and Brian Cook's instopable defense that made him look less then his normal great self.  Kwame played him as well as a basketball of his caliber could but normally Duncan toasts guys who just try to body him up and don't at least challenge some shots.
Yeah, TD is nowhere near 100%, I speculated 60% yesterday and was probably being a tad dramatic, but after watching last night, I'm not sure that wasn't a good estimate.  

If I'm Pop, I rest him down the stretch.   I realize plantar faciatis (sp?) is one of those things that doesn't necessarily go away with a couple of weeks of rest, but the Spurs are really going to need Timmy in the playoffs especially with the emergence of the Mavs and the Suns.  I still believe the Spurs to be the best team in the league and better than the aforementioned western conference foes; however, without a healthy TD I think they're beatable.  Unless of course Finley goes 5-6 from 3 point land.   Then all bets are off   B)  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 12:09:36 PM »
Because of the competition in the West, there is little chance Pops can risk resting Duncan down the stretch much, and for his plantar fasciitis to heal, he really needs to sit out a month at least. Even then, there is no guarantee it will heal. When Peja had it, it bothered him for months, then mysteriously went away.

Which, BTW, bodes ill for the Spurs come playoff time. This is clearly a weakness on the Spurs part that teams will try to exploit. It may work out early in the playoffs, but against Dallas or the Suns, I don't think so.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 05:28:47 PM »
I have nothing to add to the conversation except Finley did that horsesh#t against me in fantasy... <sigh>

...I hate you, beagle. :angry:

:D

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."