Author Topic: Philly at Dallas  (Read 699 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Philly at Dallas
« on: February 27, 2006, 05:39:44 PM »
Since we have to include some EastCoasters.

Who wins and why?

Dallas by 20.
Mo will leave CWebb in for 40 minutes plus.  He shoots 4-17 and gets run off the court on D.

AI goes off for 42 with 9 assists and Igs has 17 points and 14 rebounds but they cannot offset Mo's continuence of revolving around CWebb.

Josh Howard being out?? will hurt Dallas/help Sixers.

rickortreat

Philly at Dallas
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 08:44:25 PM »
Have to think the Mavs are the better team, playing at home, should win the game.  The Sixers are trying to develop some attitude all of a sudden and have won 3 straight since the All-Star break and are 4 and 1 including a win against San Antonio, a loss to Chicago and a revenge win against the Bulls.

Sixers are definite underdogs here, but unless Dallas can run away or close them out early, the Sixers can steal a win.  They've been executing better, passing better, cutting better, shooting better, drawing fouls better.  All the kinds of things that Dallas is not good at defending.  This means the Sixers should be able to score down the stretch and if they've stayed close, put pressure on Dallas.

Without Dalembert, and a gimpy Webber, Dallas should be able to control the boards, and get out on the break.  The Sixers will have to put pressure on the Mavericks ball carriers.  And play defense to disrupt the Mavs timing.  Nowitsky will get his, but maybe Stackhouse or Terry might get stopped a few times.

Josh being out definitely helps the Sixers.  

If it's close at the end, I'm going with the Sixers.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Philly at Dallas
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 11:42:27 PM »
Is Jason Terry for real?  I keep waiting for him to tank but no go.  He got the better of AI tonight.

Philly killed on the boards, esp O boards.

CWebb shot better then i thought he would.  
What happened to Ig?  I thought he would even up the rebounding.