Author Topic: over/under on Spree returning  (Read 837 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
over/under on Spree returning
« on: February 23, 2006, 03:33:43 PM »
okay it's a slow board day.

Will LaTrell Sprewell return to the NBA this season.  Even for a 10 day contract.

Wonder why Isaiah hasn't signed Spreewell already. :rofl:

:eek2:  

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 04:25:05 PM »
To set your blood aboil there Reality....Pop is considering whether to sign Spree or not.  MY bet is no because they don't need another swing man but if Finley or Manu get injured I wouldn't be surprised.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 04:32:46 PM »
okay it's a slow board day.

Will LaTrell Sprewell return to the NBA this season.  Even for a 10 day contract.

Wonder why Isaiah hasn't signed Spreewell already. :rofl:

:eek2:
Of course he will, what kind of a question is that?   I mean, after all, he does have to feed his family  B)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 06:27:02 PM »
To set your blood aboil there Reality....Pop is considering whether to sign Spree or not.  MY bet is no because they don't need another swing man but if Finley or Manu get injured I wouldn't be surprised.
another potential "boiler" earlier today was -allegedly-

Brent Barry for Derrick Fisher.

Rick Barry on his talk radio show saying Brent told him the Spurs said do not board tonights flight.  The buzz was Barry for Derrek Fisher.  Later ElderBarry to have said the trade was off.

Could be verified by whether or not Barry was on the Spurs charter flight this aft...
Unless any board members listen to Rick Barry Radio. :D

Or...the Johny Ludden version for JR Smith:

Spurs' Barry nearly dealt to Hornets

Web Posted: 02/24/2006 12:00 AM CST
Johnny Ludden
Express-News Staff Writer

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — The Spurs arrived Thursday evening with 13 players, one more, apparently, than with which they intended to depart San Antonio.

The Spurs nearly traded Brent Barry on Thursday afternoon in a multi-team deal that would have netted New Orleans guard J.R. Smith, two NBA sources said.

The deal was close enough to completion — one opposing team executive said he had heard it was done — that Spurs officials initially told Barry he might not need to board the team's charter flight here.

The deal unraveled near the league's 2 p.m. trade deadline, which was an hour before the Spurs were scheduled to depart. After Spurs coach Gregg Popovich told Barry the trade was dead, Barry accompanied the team here.

Barry has played sparingly this month since Manu Ginobili returned from the inactive list. Smith, 20, would have helped the Spurs get younger and more athletic on the perimeter, though the trade would have been made with the future more in mind than this season.

Smith was taken with the 18th overall pick in the 2004 draft but since has fallen out of favor with Hornets coach Byron Scott, who doesn't think the young guard has worked hard enough to improve.

Barry has two years remaining on his contract after this season.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 02:05:45 AM by Reality »