Author Topic: Shaqs Laker salary  (Read 4614 times)

Guest_Randy

Shaqs Laker salary
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2006, 07:56:40 AM »
Randy,

6'6" Kobe trying to guard someone a whole 2 inches taller then he is not something i would recommend.  Your stupidity continues however in thinking he is the best player in the NBA.  We heard you and your cohorts babbling about how much better Kobe is then Dirk, now last night we got to again see how much better he is then Brand. :rofl:  Yeah the comparison to 7'0" Tim dunker is Laker Math.
See if you can fill in for Michael Thompson on Extra broadcasts.

Dork, I realize the Clips might not have offered Brand.  You really don't know, do you?  However, what exactly was the veto rights of Shaq?  That i would like to know.

Will be visiting the Laker House soon.....
Your stupidity continues however in thinking he is the best player in the NBA.

Okay, it's put up or shut up time (or in your case, time to avoid this thread for a while because you can't provide proof yet again) -- where did I say that Kobe was the best player in the NBA?  I'll be waiting for that quote!

6'6" Kobe trying to guard someone a whole 2 inches taller then he is not something i would recommend.

I'm not even sure what you were trying to say there -- it's even less clear than your normal posts (which is quite scary).  If this is the case, then why doesn't Manu guard Brand?  You certainly think that Manu is better than Kobe (even though you are the only one on the planet who thinks so) -- so why doesn't Manu guard Brand?  It's ludicrious for you to even propose that a SG defend a PF -- nobody else would ever suggest such an assinine thought.

We heard you and your cohorts babbling about how much better Kobe is then Dirk, now last night we got to again see how much better he is then Brand.

Haven't we seen how much better Kobe is than Dirk this year -- didn't you see what Kobe did to the Mavs this year?  

As for what he did the other night against Brand -- how many players did the Lakers put on Brand?  Did you even watch the game?  The Lakers used single coverage on Brand -- mainly because the other Clips players forced the Lakers to be honest in their coverage.  Did the Clips use single coverage on Kobe?  Nope -- they double and triple teamed him all night long.  And Kobe kept finding the open man as well (as in shown in his 8 assists) -- however, looking at the fg% of the Lakers -- you begin to wonder just how many assists Kobe would have had if his teammates could have shot even 45% from the floor!  The Lakers shot 36% from the floor -- that makes his 8 assists look a little bigger doesn't it (his 8 assists were preceeded by 10 assists the previous night against SacTown -- hmm, who was playing against him?  Oh yeah, Ron Artest -- Artest sure shut him down, didn't he?   :rofl: ).

However, what exactly was the veto rights of Shaq?  That i would like to know.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Shaqs Laker salary
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2006, 01:27:07 PM »

Okay, it's put up or shut up time (or in your case, time to avoid this thread for a while because you can't provide proof yet again) -- where did I say that Kobe was the best player in the NBA?  I'll be waiting for that quote!

I'm not even sure what you were trying to say there -- it's even less clear than your normal posts (which is quite scary).

Haven't we seen how much better Kobe is than Dirk this year -- didn't you see what Kobe did to the Mavs this year?  

Did the Clips use single coverage on Kobe?  Nope -- they double and triple teamed him all night long.  And Kobe kept finding the open man as well (as in shown in his 8 assists) -- however, looking at the fg% of the Lakers -- you begin to wonder just how many assists Kobe would have had if his teammates could have shot even 45% from the floor!  The Lakers shot 36% from the floor -- that makes his 8 assists look a little bigger doesn't it (his 8 assists were preceeded by 10 assists the previous night against SacTown -- hmm, who was playing against him?  Oh yeah, Ron Artest -- Artest sure shut him down, didn't he?   :rofl: ).

However, what exactly was the veto rights of Shaq?  That i would like to know.
While you were putting up a large statue of "81" and bowing down to it at the Laker House.  I took that as your thinking Kobme was the NBAs best.

Yes i saw the last Dallas-Lakers game.  What about it?  Mavs are now 43-11 or so.
Lakers are .500  I know, players ability to affect teamates ball does not count with you.
yeah yeah save bandwidth.  When the Flamers lose, its the other players that lost it.  When other true top 10 players teams win, its because their teamates are sooo much better.  Your buddy westkoast even tried to mention that Larry Brown taking the Clippers to back to back playoffs :eek2:  :hail: might not have been that spectacular due to the combo of Danny Manning and Ron Harper.   :rofl: Yeah Kobe and Lamar.  Again save bandwidth, i realize Phil might steer Kobme into the 8th playoff spot this year.

Artest guarding Kobe all night long?  Yet another game you obviously did not watch.  Kobe did not go off on Artest.  He did on the rest of the super limp Kings.  

Kobes 10 assists tho are indeed an incredible goal.  Higher then one could fathom for the past two seasons.  Congratulations Kobe!.

I'd rather have Manu guard Kobe then Brand.  See I don't have a problem with Manu playing team D.  

Kobe being doubled and tripled "all night long vs Clippers".  Yeah, that's why he horked up 29 shots.  Since you did not watch the game, i will inform you that you are partially correct.  Kobe passed out plenty of times, and yes the other Lakers were bricking.  Kobme also tried his one on five bullcrap plenty of times vs the Clippers.  He was stripped, blocked, and his whiney looking to the refs for the usual bailout was not being heeded.  His 8 assists were very good.  Seriously.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Shaqs Laker salary
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2006, 02:10:28 PM »
They had a  segment on ESPN the other night  on how teams hurt themselves  when they trade franchise players to teams that the stars want to goto out of respect to that player.  In it they spoke about how the Lakers could have got better players from other teams but chose a team that was first on his (Shaqs) list to trade him to because they Lakers wanted to show respect for what he did for the organization.  Miami was the #1 team that Shaq put on his list for a long list of  reasons (he loves Florida, owns property there, stays there in the off-season, already existing backcourt star, solid role players, Pat Riley).

As for the poster who is reading Sam Mitchel's book "NBA coaching for Dummies"

You do not put a back court player on a post player for the following reasons:

1) He is bigger and stronger than the backcourt player 99 times out of 100

2) Perimeter players and especially guards play very little low post defense compared to the amount of perimeter defense they play.  Big difference between the two.  Now logically you would think that a guard would be better on the perimeter because that is the place they play the most defense correct?

3) When guarding someone stronger and bigger than themselves players tend to do alot of grabbing and extra pushing in the post.  Do you need a player who is suppose to be scoring points and running the offense on the bench because he has to use two arms to even hold back that bigger stronger post player?

4) Putting your fastest guard on a slower player creates a disadvantage on the perimeter when you have to bring in other players who are not as quick.  In the Lakers case they would have had to bring in Sasha or Luke Walton.  Both substainally slower than Kobe Bryant.

And to continue the Reality fact slaughterhouse  :D

Kobes 10 assists tho are indeed an incredible goal. Higher then one could fathom for the past two seasons. Congratulations Kobe!.

Kobe had 5 triple doubles last season....since I am pointing out the obvious today for you that means that Kobe had 5 games where he had 10 or more assists (3 of those were 12-13-14 assist games). So how did that line go again ' higher then one could fathom for the past two seasons' right ?

And for the icing on the cake...

Your buddy westkoast even tried to mention that Larry Brown taking the Clippers to back to back playoffs   might not have been that spectacular due to the combo of Danny Manning and Ron Harper

The year Larry Brown coached the Clippers the entire season they finished 41-41 and went 2-3 in the playoffs.  So all the super props you give to people who at the moment help support one of your swiss cheese arguments is back firing when you take shots at Phil Jackson and his .500 Lakers getting the last spot.  As for the quality of their 1-2 punch...Harper was scoring 18 points a game that year and Danny was posting 19 points, 7 rebounds, 1.49 blocks, and 3.5 assists.  That started before Larry Brown got there.

I apologize to the rest of the board for lowering your basketball IQ by making you read something that is common sense.  Someone is juicing with bad vegtables and it is slowing his noggin down a tad this week.

IMO if Kobe should have guarded anyone more against the Clippers I would have to say he should have been on Livingston.  He created quite a bit of easy buckets/high % shots for his squad that night with his quickness.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 02:46:56 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Shaqs Laker salary
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2006, 01:21:25 AM »
They had a  segment on ESPN the other night  on how teams hurt themselves  when they trade franchise players to teams that the stars want to goto out of respect to that player.  In it they spoke about how the Lakers could have got better players from other teams but chose a team that was first on his (Shaqs) list to trade him to because they Lakers wanted to show respect for what he did for the organization.  Miami was the #1 team that Shaq put on his list for a long list of  reasons (he loves Florida, owns property there, stays there in the off-season, already existing backcourt star, solid role players, Pat Riley).

Posted earlier on thread by me:

"Randy,

6'6" Kobe trying to guard someone a whole 2 inches taller then he is not something i would recommend."

so thanks for the bandwidth usage of how you have figured out Kobe should not and could not guard Elton.

But he did guard 6'6" Paul Pierce tonight.  How did that turn out?

Back to the topic, which you were able to partially stay on.
msc stated correctly that no one player should be bigger then Lakers Inc.
So why was it the Lakers as you claim "showed him respect in trading him to Miami."
So they could make the Lakers weaker? :nod:
Stoopid move.

Also trying to diminish Larry Browns taking the Clips to the playoffs twice.  Get lost.

Shaqs Laker salary
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2006, 10:02:56 AM »
"Randy,

6'6" Kobe trying to guard someone a whole 2 inches taller then he is not something i would recommend."

I was wondering mid 3rd quarter if Phil was going to have the NBAs best player put some of his *lockdown* D on Elton.

Just to rectify your comments -- first you state that Kobe SHOULD have played Brand -- then you state that he shouldn't.  

And by-the-way, the Clips would LOVE for Manu to guard Brand -- maybe in the playoffs -- that way the Clips can sweep the Spurs.

While you were putting up a large statue of "81" and bowing down to it at the Laker House. I took that as your thinking Kobme was the NBAs best.

Hmm, care to show me that one too?  You imagination is far better than your facts!

Artest guarding Kobe all night long? Yet another game you obviously did not watch. Kobe did not go off on Artest. He did on the rest of the super limp Kings.

I watched the entire SacTown/Lakers game -- and even the analysts made comments about the fact that Artest couldn't do anything to slow Kobe down.  Artest was at his best when Kobe went to the bench and he shut down Odom -- but Artest DID guard Kobe for most of the game -- and he failed to keep Kobe in check.

I'd rather have Manu guard Kobe then Brand. See I don't have a problem with Manu playing team D.

Oh, I didn't realize you were going to have the whole Spurs team guarding Brand along with Manu -- but I also remember your "objectiveness" towards Manu's D.  See, when Manu gets lost on defense and his man makes the basket, hmm, let's see -- oh yeah, that was Finley's fault for allowing Finley's man to pass to Manu's man (since Manu wasn't guarding him and leaving him WIDE open to knock down the open shot).  

Yeah, I can see why you would rather have Manu guarding Brand -- so that you can blame someone else when Brand goes for 50!

guest-koast

Shaqs Laker salary
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2006, 11:44:28 AM »
They had a  segment on ESPN the other night  on how teams hurt themselves  when they trade franchise players to teams that the stars want to goto out of respect to that player.  In it they spoke about how the Lakers could have got better players from other teams but chose a team that was first on his (Shaqs) list to trade him to because they Lakers wanted to show respect for what he did for the organization.  Miami was the #1 team that Shaq put on his list for a long list of  reasons (he loves Florida, owns property there, stays there in the off-season, already existing backcourt star, solid role players, Pat Riley).

Posted earlier on thread by me:

"Randy,

so thanks for the bandwidth usage of how you have figured out Kobe should not and could not guard Elton.

But he did guard 6'6" Paul Pierce tonight.  How did that turn out?

Back to the topic, which you were able to partially stay on.
msc stated correctly that no one player should be bigger then Lakers Inc.
So why was it the Lakers as you claim "showed him respect in trading him to Miami."
So they could make the Lakers weaker? :nod:
Stoopid move.

Also trying to diminish Larry Browns taking the Clips to the playoffs twice.  Get lost.
Uhh I am very sorry your pea brain cannot understand that moving a player to teams he wants to goto out of respect has very little to do with one player being bigger than the franchise.  Shaq was going to leave regardless and had the power to veto trades anyways.  So rather than cause problems the organization sent him to a location he chose out of respect.  It is a very simple concept I think even you can grasp.

How did Paul Piece guarding Kobe turn out?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Shaqs Laker salary
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2006, 11:45:14 AM »
The Lakers shot 36% from the floor -- that makes his 8 assists look a little bigger doesn't it (his 8 assists were preceeded by 10 assists the previous night against SacTown -- hmm, who was playing against him?  Oh yeah, Ron Artest -- Artest sure shut him down, didn't he?   :rofl: ).

I would not bring up Ron Artest and his defense against Kobe during the Laker/Kings game into this fray, Randy. Ron has been slowed by an injury and still has not completely gotten his NBA stamina back just yet.

But his prior history of defending Kobe has been pretty much shut down.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Shaqs Laker salary
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2006, 11:58:32 AM »
I watched the entire SacTown/Lakers game -- and even the analysts made comments about the fact that Artest couldn't do anything to slow Kobe down.  Artest was at his best when Kobe went to the bench and he shut down Odom -- but Artest DID guard Kobe for most of the game -- and he failed to keep Kobe in check.

Hold on, "GUEST". If you DID watch that game, as you claim, then you know damned well that besides Artest, both Martin and Garcia spent time guarding Kobe as well.

Since Ron was a step slow in that game, as he has been ever since he hurt his groin several games back, he needed the help in guarding Bryant. His lack of NBA-level stamina and his injury might not matter when guarding an Odom, but it matters greatly when trying to slow up a Kobe Bryant.

And as I stated before, Artest has defended Bryant extremely well in the past when he is at 100%.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Shaqs Laker salary
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2006, 12:37:44 PM »
Well Jomal looks like they have gone away for a while.

The announcers did comment on how Ron is simply not back to NBA shape, nor could he be since nothing exactly simulates a real game.  When Artest went to the bench and Kome continued to score on the other two who REALLY WERE GUARDING him, announcer commented how Adleman was going to have to bring Artest back from his rest much sooner then he wanted.

"And as I stated before, Artest has defended Bryant extremely well in the past when he is at 100%."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Shaqs Laker salary
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2006, 12:46:42 PM »
They had a  segment on ESPN the other night on how teams hurt themselves  when they trade franchise players to teams that the stars want to goto out of respect to that player.  In it they spoke about how the Lakers could have got better players from other teams but chose a team that was first on his (Shaqs) list to trade him to because they Lakers wanted to show respect for what he did for the organization.  Miami was the #1 team that Shaq put on his list for a long list of  reasons (he loves Florida, owns property there, stays there in the off-season, already existing backcourt star, solid role players, Pat Riley).

back to the topic of Shaqs Laker salary

Lets see GuestKoast-Randy-Guest-RandyGuest,
1st you post the above, including

"on how teams hurt themselves"
"spoke about how the Lakers could have got better players from other teams but chose a team that was first on his (Shaqs) list"

contrasted with:

"Uhh I am very sorry your pea brain cannot understand that moving a player to teams he wants to goto out of respect has very little to do with one player being bigger than the franchise. Shaq was going to leave regardless and had the power to veto trades anyways. So rather than cause problems the organization sent him to a location he chose out of respect. It is a very simple concept I think even you can grasp."

I see.  So rather then getting better players, they showed more *respect* to Shaq then their own Laker organization.  

I know you're gonna twist off, but stick with your quotes: "could have got better players from other teams."

Ride the Koast go 'round.

Now i asked ealier what exact veto powers Shaq had.  If any non Laker posters have some facts on this, please post.

guest-koast

Shaqs Laker salary
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2006, 12:58:13 PM »
As for Larry Brown shows your true dancing moves on that one.  Lakers and Phil Jackson get it from you all year long for hover at .500 yet you stay slurping up on Larry Brown for doing the same thing?

Also...the Clippers, before Brown got there, started off on fire at the beging of the season due to Ron Harper and Danny Manning.  There was problems internally with the front office and coaching staff which trickled on down into the court.  They took a skid and then Larry Brown showed up to get them back on the track they were on at the begigng of the season.  Larry Brown was only with the Clippers for 1 1/2 seasons.  He came in with a team that already proved they could win but turmoil caused them to slump.

Next I suggest before you start trying to play cheerleader for someone that you look up what they did.  41-41 to finish the season when Larry Brown was the coach the entire year.

Special Ed Teacher Mr. Koast

Shaqs Laker salary
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2006, 01:54:40 PM »
They had a  segment on ESPN the other night on how teams hurt themselves  when they trade franchise players to teams that the stars want to goto out of respect to that player.  In it they spoke about how the Lakers could have got better players from other teams but chose a team that was first on his (Shaqs) list to trade him to because they Lakers wanted to show respect for what he did for the organization.  Miami was the #1 team that Shaq put on his list for a long list of  reasons (he loves Florida, owns property there, stays there in the off-season, already existing backcourt star, solid role players, Pat Riley).

back to the topic of Shaqs Laker salary

Lets see GuestKoast-Randy-Guest-RandyGuest,
1st you post the above, including

"on how teams hurt themselves"
"spoke about how the Lakers could have got better players from other teams but chose a team that was first on his (Shaqs) list"

contrasted with:

"Uhh I am very sorry your pea brain cannot understand that moving a player to teams he wants to goto out of respect has very little to do with one player being bigger than the franchise. Shaq was going to leave regardless and had the power to veto trades anyways. So rather than cause problems the organization sent him to a location he chose out of respect. It is a very simple concept I think even you can grasp."

I see.  So rather then getting better players, they showed more *respect* to Shaq then their own Laker organization.  

I know you're gonna twist off, but stick with your quotes: "could have got better players from other teams."

Ride the Koast go 'round.

Now i asked ealier what exact veto powers Shaq had.  If any non Laker posters have some facts on this, please post.
Simple concepts are just too hard for you so there is no real reason to continue tard-talk with our resident Corky after this.

Once again...Shaq had the power to turn down trades regardless.  That was built into his contract.  So even if the Spurs were to offer Tim Duncan, Manu, and Tony Parker for Shaq if Shaq did not want to go there then he would not end up there.  Do you understand that?  I know I am asking alot of the hamsters in your skull but lets get through this very complex notion.

The Lakers, being a classy organization, chose to send Shaq to the #1 team he wanted to be traded to on his *short* list of places he would accept.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Shaqs Laker salary
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2006, 02:02:53 PM »

Once again...Shaq had the power to turn down trades regardless.  That was built into his contract.  So even if the Spurs were to offer Tim Duncan, Manu, and Tony Parker for Shaq if Shaq did not want to go there then he would not end up there.  Do you understand that?  I know I am asking alot of the hamsters in your skull but lets get through this very complex notion.

The Lakers, being a classy organization, chose to send Shaq to the #1 team he wanted to be traded to on his *short* list of places he would accept. [/quote]
 Can you back this up with any facts.  Or are you just making it up?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Shaqs Laker salary
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2006, 02:05:21 PM »
As for Larry Brown shows your true dancing moves on that one.  Lakers and Phil Jackson get it from you all year long for hover at .500 yet you stay slurping up on Larry Brown for doing the same thing?

Also...the Clippers, before Brown got there, started off on fire at the beging of the season due to Ron Harper and Danny Manning.  There was problems internally with the front office and coaching staff which trickled on down into the court.  They took a skid and then Larry Brown showed up to get them back on the track they were on at the begigng of the season.  Larry Brown was only with the Clippers for 1 1/2 seasons.  He came in with a team that already proved they could win but turmoil caused them to slump.

Next I suggest before you start trying to play cheerleader for someone that you look up what they did.  41-41 to finish the season when Larry Brown was the coach the entire year.
Also to conclude your Larry Brown  :bs:  response:

Facts:

Reason: This one was especially good considering that Brown took over the Clippers in the middle of the 1992-93 season with the team languishing at 22-25. After Brown's arrival (he was let go by the Spurs on Jan. 21, 1992), the Clips went 23-12 and made the playoffs for the first time since the franchise's Buffalo Braves days in the 1970s.

Brown showed his late-season patch job was no fluke as he led the Clippers to a 41-41 record and the playoffs the next season. Brown is still the only coach to lead the Clippers to two playoffs appearances.

So your  :bs:  about "He came in with a team that already proved they could win" is just that.  

Special Ed Teacher Mr. Koast

Shaqs Laker salary
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2006, 02:09:52 PM »
As for Larry Brown shows your true dancing moves on that one.  Lakers and Phil Jackson get it from you all year long for hover at .500 yet you stay slurping up on Larry Brown for doing the same thing?

Also...the Clippers, before Brown got there, started off on fire at the beging of the season due to Ron Harper and Danny Manning.  There was problems internally with the front office and coaching staff which trickled on down into the court.  They took a skid and then Larry Brown showed up to get them back on the track they were on at the begigng of the season.  Larry Brown was only with the Clippers for 1 1/2 seasons.  He came in with a team that already proved they could win but turmoil caused them to slump.

Next I suggest before you start trying to play cheerleader for someone that you look up what they did.  41-41 to finish the season when Larry Brown was the coach the entire year.
Also to conclude your Larry Brown  :bs:  response:

Facts:

Reason: This one was especially good considering that Brown took over the Clippers in the middle of the 1992-93 season with the team languishing at 22-25. After Brown's arrival (he was let go by the Spurs on Jan. 21, 1992), the Clips went 23-12 and made the playoffs for the first time since the franchise's Buffalo Braves days in the 1970s.

Brown showed his late-season patch job was no fluke as he led the Clippers to a 41-41 record and the playoffs the next season. Brown is still the only coach to lead the Clippers to two playoffs appearances.

So your  :bs:  about "He came in with a team that already proved they could win" is just that.
Failed to mentioned they started off 14-10, led the division, and had the longest win streak in Clippers history before Brown got there.

Also failed to mentioned why they started to sputter out of nowhere...problems with Baylor, Schuler, and other management put that into full swing.  

Entire year Larry Brown coached...41-41 so again, how dumb do you look raising the pom poms for Larry Brown only to turn around and laugh at Phil Jackson and the Lakers for being .500 ??