Author Topic: Hedo Speaks and it is no official  (Read 4028 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Hedo Speaks and it is no official
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2006, 10:54:16 AM »
Rewriting history isn't my job on this board Randy, we all know whose job THAT is.

I was merely pointing out that perhaps your clearly unsophisticated palate was insufficiently capable of recognizing the greatest junk food burger the world has ever known.  B)

BTW, just curious, what childhood trauma would it have been that caused such a lack of appreciation for such a quality repast as In N Out?  :rolleyes:
Well, Dan, I think it's interesting that all FOUR of us who walked into the restaurant walked out with the VERY same opinion.  

As for my childhood, I don't have a clue -- all those repressed memories!  :unsure:
Where did you go to one at?  I've never had a bad in n out burger and I've eaten at just about every single one from Bakersfield down to San Diego heh

Then again I get mine made animal style.....

LF have you ever head animal style fries?  
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2006, 11:22:25 AM »
Don't worry, Dan.  If these burgers are anywhere near as greasy as these folks make them sound, I'm probably going to LOVE them.

If I ever make it out to LA, guys, you better be ready to point me in the direction of good burgers.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2006, 11:41:24 AM »
Don't worry, Dan.  If these burgers are anywhere near as greasy as these folks make them sound, I'm probably going to LOVE them.

If I ever make it out to LA, guys, you better be ready to point me in the direction of good burgers.
Joe, the place to get a good burger in LA is Tommies, as anyone in LA would attest.

As for greaseburgers, they have their place in everyone's dietary plan, but not for those of us who are now celebrating their advanced years perusing the latest issue of AARP.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Guest_Randy

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2006, 01:22:17 PM »
Rewriting history isn't my job on this board Randy, we all know whose job THAT is.

I was merely pointing out that perhaps your clearly unsophisticated palate was insufficiently capable of recognizing the greatest junk food burger the world has ever known.  B)

BTW, just curious, what childhood trauma would it have been that caused such a lack of appreciation for such a quality repast as In N Out?  :rolleyes:
Well, Dan, I think it's interesting that all FOUR of us who walked into the restaurant walked out with the VERY same opinion.  

As for my childhood, I don't have a clue -- all those repressed memories!  :unsure:
Where did you go to one at?  I've never had a bad in n out burger and I've eaten at just about every single one from Bakersfield down to San Diego heh

Then again I get mine made animal style.....

LF have you ever head animal style fries?
The one I visited was just outside of Vegas -- the grand opening was almost as bad as when they opened the first Krispee Cream in Vegas.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2006, 02:14:19 PM »
Don't worry, Dan.  If these burgers are anywhere near as greasy as these folks make them sound, I'm probably going to LOVE them.

Joe, the place to get a good burger in LA is Tommies, as anyone in LA would attest.

As for greaseburgers, they have their place in everyone's dietary plan, but not for those of us who are now celebrating their advanced years perusing the latest issue of AARP.
Agreed JoMal, you want a delicious greasy chile cheeseburger Tommy's at Beverly and Rampart, so popular you might even spot a celebrity  or 2 waiting their turn in line, it is particularly popular amongst celebs right after the Academy Awards end and before all the swnak party's start.

Don't know what to tell you Randy besides the fact that it WAS Vegas, perhaps just an abberation, was it the one on Tropicana?

Joe, you live in the land of White Castle, I LOVE those little junk burgers, a six pack and fries, hmmmm!

BTW JoMal, at 46 years old, working out 4 days a week, and putting serious miles uphill on my mountain bike are the only things that allow me the occasional indulgence of In N Out or Tommies, ahh, the price we pay huh?  
Dan

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2006, 02:16:08 PM »
Oh, and one more thing, Krispy Kremes are the most overrated, WAAAAY overpriced piles of garbage in the donut world.
Dan

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2006, 02:19:26 PM »
Yes 'Koast, animal style fries are great! If I have a shake I avoid the animal style fries though, too much is too much.
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2006, 02:27:02 PM »
Don't worry, Dan.  If these burgers are anywhere near as greasy as these folks make them sound, I'm probably going to LOVE them.

Agreed JoMal, you want a delicious greasy chile cheeseburger Tommy's at Beverly and Rampart, so popular you might even spot a celebrity  or 2 waiting their turn in line, it is particularly popular amongst celebs right after the Academy Awards end and before all the swnak party's start.

Don't know what to tell you Randy besides the fact that it WAS Vegas, perhaps just an abberation, was it the one on Tropicana?

Joe, you live in the land of White Castle, I LOVE those little junk burgers, a six pack and fries, hmmmm!

BTW JoMal, at 46 years old, working out 4 days a week, and putting serious miles uphill on my mountain bike are the only things that allow me the occasional indulgence of In N Out or Tommies, ahh, the price we pay huh?
Tommys IS the spot.  If you love chilli burgers and hot dogs (or even a tamale) this is the place to go.  As far as greasy chilli burgers go there is not a better spot to go!!  The original Tommys is a place to stop and check out if you are in LA, I haven't been to it in ages but there use to be lines all around the parking lot waiting to indulge.

I love white castle myself.  Moved from Cali to Jersey for about 6 months in the mid 90s and got hooked on em then.  Now they have them in the freezer section at the local Albertsons, not quite the same but if you cook them right in the oven they come out mighty tasty.

Randy, well thats the mistake you made!  I heard the one in Vegas is over crowded and too busy so it doesn't even operate like a normal In-N-Out.  Like I said, I might as well be a share holder because I've eaten at just about every single one from Bakersfield down to San Diego.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Randy

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2006, 04:13:34 PM »

No, the In-and-Out we visited was outside of town on I-35 -- they hadn't built the one on Trop yet (it's been a while since we lived there).  I realize that there is the chance that it was just that particular restaurant -- however, I never thought it was worth the drive to So. Cal just to eat at In-and-Out.

Now White Castle?  My favorite -- we don't have any here in the Ozarks but we visit them every chance we get when we go see my wife's family in St. Louis.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2006, 04:56:23 PM »
Wow.  And here I've stated for the record I'll never eat another White Castle burger as long as I live.

Sorry, guys, but those things tasted awful.  And it wasn't grease - it was the flavor of the hamburger.  DISGUSTING.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2006, 05:18:14 PM »
Ok Randy, there is NO WAY In  N Out is even remotely as greasy as White Castle, and you like them over In N Out? Truly something in your childhood has affected your tastebuds. The In N out on Tropicana has been there for years and years and years, and yes 'Koast it is way bigger than a typical one and ALWAYS wall to wall people, but it is still good IMO.

Oh and BTW Randy just curious, clarify the location of the In N Out you ate at? The one on Tropicana was the first one outside of California, and there is no I-35 in Nevada. I-15, the I-215 and I-515 belts are the only parts of the Interstate that run through or around Las Vegas. I-35 runs through Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 05:19:12 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2006, 05:18:30 PM »
White Castle has perhaps the absolute nastiest, greasiest little burger bombs the world has ever known.  BUT right about two times per year I get the most unnatural urge to scarf some down.......and end up paying for it the next couple days (I'll spare you the graphic details).
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2006, 05:21:33 PM »
White Castle has perhaps the absolute nastiest, greasiest little burger bombs the world has ever known.  BUT right about two times per year I get the most unnatural urge to scarf some down.......and end up paying for it the next couple days (I'll spare you the graphic details).
Stop Skander! You're making me want to jump on a plane and head to St Louis for a 6 pack right now!!!! Actually, there is one in the Bronx I got really sick at, the one on MLK just over the river from Harlem.
Dan

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2006, 05:23:41 PM »
I've been to In N Out once. I'm thinking it was somewhere near Gilroy, CA, very pretty area. And yes, the burger was great! The parts I remember the most were the flavor of the beef and the thick, solid hunk of onion they used for an onion slice. Very good. But the T-shirt I bought there was the most ill-fitting, poorly sewn novelty hey-look-where-I've-been T-shirt I've ever purchased.

What does "animal style" mean?
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2006, 05:31:08 PM »
Animal style burgers come with lettuce, tomato, extra spread, pickles, grilled onions, and mustard fried into the patty. You can also order a Neopolitan shake which is all three flavors swirled into one, none of this is on the menu.
Dan