Author Topic: The optimism of Adelman....  (Read 982 times)

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
The optimism of Adelman....
« on: January 30, 2006, 03:02:25 PM »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Matt Steinmetz - SportingNews

Acquiring SF Ron Artest from the Pacers hasn't seemed to brighten coach Rick Adelman's outlook with the Kings. It has been widely speculated that Adelman, in the last year of his deal, will be gone at season's end, and he sure isn't talking like a coach who is going to linger past April. When asked if Artest, traded for SF Peja Stojakovic, was worth the risk, Adelman said, "I didn't do this," then told reporters to ask those responsible for making the trade. Later, Adelman was asked about team chemistry. "I'm not jumping on a bandwagon either way," he said. . . .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it just me, JoMaL, or is Adelman sounding like a big baby.... :cry:

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 03:05:27 PM »
Sounds like a coach who was deliberately left out of the decision making, like his input was not wanted or asked for, sort of like The Kings aren't factoring him into next years gameplan.
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 03:24:06 PM »
Honestly??

The Kings look and play like they are not getting any coaching at all this year. Or worse, the players see Adelman as a lame duck coach and just aren't listening to him. There has been some lockerroom bickering going on regarding who should be the starter once Abdur-Rahim is healthy enough to start playing major minutes. Thomas thinks he should start; SAR thinks some coaches won't let injuries alter who starts, but has not heard from Adelman on whether or not he will regain his starting status in two weeks, the implication being no one is talking to him about it.

On-court leadership is a joke. The offense breaks down at the first sign of difficultly, and one-on-one basketball results. Turnovers happen because teammates stop moving and passes go no where as a result. Defensive help is available by appointment only. If Bibby has a poor shooting night, the other Kings have no idea what to do about it, and from what I have seen, could care less.

Then, after losing to Toronto in overtime last night, get this: Artest GUARANTEES that the Kings will make the playoffs this season, and Bibby, Miller, Thomas and others all say YEAH!!, that's what this team needed, a guy to stand up and challenge them.

Give me a break!  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."