Author Topic: Top 5 revisited  (Read 12230 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Top 5 revisited
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2006, 04:33:48 PM »
Actually, from the gist of the debates that go on with this forum, it also should be clear that watching the same game will generate at least three opinions regarding what everyone saw going on in it.
So true JoMal, so true.

That's what makes this board so entertaining and enlightening.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Top 5 revisited
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2006, 04:34:42 PM »
Actually, from the gist of the debates that go on with this forum, it also should be clear that watching the same game will generate at least three opinions regarding what everyone saw going on in it.
I dunno about that in every case.  You and I watched the Lakers/Kings game and were pretty much on the same page.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 04:35:21 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Top 5 revisited
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2006, 04:38:24 PM »
I dunno about that in every case.  You and I watched the Lakers/Kings game and were pretty much on the same page.
The same page but not necessarily the same book.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Top 5 revisited
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2006, 04:39:20 PM »
So true JoMal, so true.

Yes it is, WOW, and let me be so bold as to say you are one of the key reasons for it.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Top 5 revisited
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2006, 04:39:32 PM »
Ya you were reading a fiction book 'The Kings are the greatest team ever' and I was obviously reading a non-fiction book titled  'The Lakers are the greatest team ever'  :up:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 04:40:01 PM by westkoast »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Top 5 revisited
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2006, 05:32:25 PM »
Ya you were reading a fiction book 'The Kings are the greatest team ever' and I was obviously reading a non-fiction book titled  'The Lakers are the greatest team ever'  :up:
Your Laker book is so out of print, the original printer used a hammer and chisel.

It is so old that two syllable words hadn't been invented yet.

The author tried to drink from the fountain of knowledge, but only gargled.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Top 5 revisited
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2006, 05:35:24 PM »
Your Laker book is so out of print, the original printer used a hammer and chisel.

And of course JoMal, with all those championship banners hanging from the rafters of the Cow Barn, er Arco Arena, you certainly are the expert in which team is the greatest.  :up:  
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Top 5 revisited
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2006, 05:36:00 PM »

Is it so old that.........

You helped write it??

:eek3:  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Top 5 revisited
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2006, 05:54:15 PM »

You helped write it??

Just the "Old English" version.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Top 5 revisited
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2006, 05:56:23 PM »

And of course JoMal, with all those championship banners hanging from the rafters of the Cow Barn, er Arco Arena, you certainly are the expert in which team is the greatest.  :up:
At what, writing fiction?

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Top 5 revisited
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2006, 06:17:34 PM »
Fiction? 14 world championships is fiction? 14 world championships not being a legit argument for greatest team ever is fiction? What do you cats drink up there in Cowtown?

Notice I avoided the senility charge in your case JoMal, seeing as we are closer in age than I care to think about, although you are SEVERAL years older.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 06:18:03 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Top 5 revisited
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2006, 06:25:18 PM »

You helped write it??

You writing a Laker greatest team ever book????  Sounds like you were on something.....

I guess that is what you call the "old english" version!

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Top 5 revisited
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2006, 07:37:44 PM »
Fiction? 14 world championships is fiction? 14 world championships not being a legit argument for greatest team ever is fiction?
14 championships, 14 banners. HMMPH!!! BAH, HUMBUG!! Just 14 banners that wiggle a bit from the excess gas escaping from the backed-up Laker fans squirming in their seats as a basketball game interupts their cell phone conversations.

What do you cats drink up there in Cowtown?

Ah, glad you asked. Bunnahabhain from that grand Isle of Islay, or even better, its neighbor - Caol Ila, if I can get it. I accept thoughtful gifts in compensation for putting up with you guys in my old age, which is close to increasing shortly. <hint hint>

Notice I avoided the senility charge in your case JoMal, seeing as we are closer in age than I care to think about, although you are SEVERAL years older.

Those age differences shrink the older one gets. Besides, my maturity is regressing. And don't knock senility. You would be surprised with what you can get away with.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 07:38:39 PM by JoMal »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Top 5 revisited
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2006, 07:41:45 PM »

You helped write it??

You writing a Laker greatest team ever book????  Sounds like you were on something.....

I guess that is what you call the "old english" version!
That's right!

You see that small print on the side of the can that says, "Alcohol Content = 8.0%"? I did the research on that.  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Top 5 revisited
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2006, 10:54:29 PM »
So true JoMal, so true.

Yes it is, WOW, and let me be so bold as to say you are one of the key reasons for it.
I do what I can, half the time I'm not even sure I believe what I post.

I must admit I've gone through several dozen chains, they get yanked so hard they break all the time.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"