Author Topic: Talking With: Roland Lazenby, author of the  (Read 4114 times)

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Talking With: Roland Lazenby, author of the
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2006, 07:50:25 PM »
I just don't see too many "innocent" victims in this whole mess -- the whole thing stunk from the very beginning.  But I also think that Kobe got off easier than he should have -- not because it didn't go to trial but the fact that suddenly he is marketable again?   :bs:
Kobe is marketable because he is currently one of the greatest basketball players on the planet.   The case was dropped, so he is not a rapist or a criminal, just an adulterer.  If we're going to base marketability on the personal lives of stars/athletes vs. their professional lives ... then we wouldn't have anyone worthy to market besides maybe Mother Theresa, Gandhi and David Robinson.

Jordan, arguable the most marketable athlete ever, is still marketable and he has a gambling addiction and his wife left him for cheating on her countless times.  They're both adulterers.  What's the difference?  The market doesn't seem to care, the market only cares that he was the greatest hoops player of all time (sorry Magic).  

If Kobe’s or Jordan’s behavior is offensive to you than don’t buy their products.  Problem is, if you take that stand you might as well not support the NBA in any way, shape or form, because it is over-loaded with adulterers.  

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2006, 01:10:06 AM »
The case was dropped, so he is not a rapist or a criminal, just an adulterer.  

Jordan, arguable the most marketable athlete ever, is still marketable and he has a gambling addiction and his wife left him for cheating on her countless times.  They're both adulterers.  What's the difference?  The market doesn't seem to care, the market only cares that he was the greatest hoops player of all time (sorry Magic).  

QUOTE (WayOutWest @ Jan 12 2006, 03:17 PM)

Common sense tells me he was in court because of a money grubbing ho skank who couldn't keep track of all the semen on her. But that's to be debated.  

You guys kill me.  Kobe isn't a rapist because nothing was proven in court, but she is a money grubbing ho skank, even if that is all based upon rumors spread to poison the jury pool.  This is, to say it politely "cheese dick fricking poppycock."

Kobe's being a rapist or not has nothing at all to do with the fact that it never went to trial.  If he raped her then he is a rapist, whether it went to trial or not, kind of like OJ is a double murderer even if he was found not guilty.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2006, 09:27:18 AM »
You guys kill me.  Kobe isn't a rapist because nothing was proven in court, but she is a money grubbing ho skank, even if that is all based upon rumors spread to poison the jury pool.  This is, to say it politely "cheese dick fricking poppycock."

I don't know if Kobe is a rapist or not, but I think that chick was a money grubbing ho skank based on what I read from the court transcripts.  You assume too much ziggy.

Any questions?

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

guest-koast

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2006, 09:32:50 AM »

Jordan, arguable the most marketable athlete ever, is still marketable and he has a gambling addiction and his wife left him for cheating on her countless times.  They're both adulterers.  What's the difference?  The market doesn't seem to care, the market only cares that he was the greatest hoops player of all time (sorry Magic).   

Common sense tells me he was in court because of a money grubbing ho skank who couldn't keep track of all the semen on her. But that's to be debated. 

Kobe's being a rapist or not has nothing at all to do with the fact that it never went to trial.  If he raped her then he is a rapist, whether it went to trial or not, kind of like OJ is a double murderer even if he was found not guilty.
Finding a bloody glove, blood in his get away car, and the fact he had a high speed chase says nothing about OJs guilt.  Let me know when that kind of evidence that Kobe rapped her pops up Zigs!  You are correct that just because someone gets off that doesnt mean they didnt do it.  You know also on the other hand just because someone has charges pressed on them doesn't mean they did it either.   That is why we have a court system as imperfect as it is.

Put it this way, rape victims dont go off and sleep with other men the next day.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2006, 11:34:43 AM »
Put it this way, rape victims dont go off and sleep with other men the next day.
Normally, you might believe that, but then it also is well known that people react to stressful situations in all kinds of ways. Maybe that was just her way of coping.

But because Kobe's defense team went after the alleged 'victim' with such venom to begin with, I tend to side with her version of how the events unfolded then anything Kobe's people uncovered. There motives are skankier then anything they might have 'allegedly' found out about the alleged 'victim' in this case.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2006, 11:40:52 AM »
You guys kill me.  Kobe isn't a rapist because nothing was proven in court, but she is a money grubbing ho skank, even if that is all based upon rumors spread to poison the jury pool.  This is, to say it politely "cheese dick fricking poppycock."

I don't know if Kobe is a rapist or not, but I think that chick was a money grubbing ho skank based on what I read from the court transcripts.  You assume too much ziggy.

Any questions?
Gee, do you think Kobe's defense team could have been a slightly bit biased in their portrayal of the victim during the trial? They could have alluded to her bending over to pick up a dropped item as evidence of how she enticed Kobe into action.

Besides, all she had to do to make this rape was to have told Kobe to stop what he was doing as some point, or to make it known to him she was not a willing participant. Whatever happened after that was Kobe's responsibility, not hers, and if she really was looking to make a financial killing out of this, I think she just got raped all over again if people in SoCal actually believe Kobe's story unequivocally over whatever motives the victim was claiming from all of this.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2006, 11:53:03 AM »
You guys kill me.  Kobe isn't a rapist because nothing was proven in court, but she is a money grubbing ho skank, even if that is all based upon rumors spread to poison the jury pool.  This is, to say it politely "cheese dick fricking poppycock."

Any questions?
WOW,
I have no problem with what you say here WoW.  You don't know if Kobe is a rapist, and "You Think" she is a money grubbing ho skank.

I don't know if Kobe is guilty or not, and have never claimed otherwise.  Just because we don't know for sure, does not mean that he isn't a rapist.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2006, 11:56:27 AM »

Jordan, arguable the most marketable athlete ever, is still marketable and he has a gambling addiction and his wife left him for cheating on her countless times.  They're both adulterers.  What's the difference?  The market doesn't seem to care, the market only cares that he was the greatest hoops player of all time (sorry Magic).  

Finding a bloody glove, blood in his get away car, and the fact he had a high speed chase says nothing about OJs guilt.  Let me know when that kind of evidence that Kobe rapped her pops up Zigs!  You are correct that just because someone gets off that doesnt mean they didnt do it.  You know also on the other hand just because someone has charges pressed on them doesn't mean they did it either.   That is why we have a court system as imperfect as it is.

Koast I NEVER said Kobe was a rapist, I just said his lack of conviction has nothing to do with him being one or not.  As far as her sleeping with someone the next day, all I can say is use the same standard for her that you use for Kobe.  There was a whole lot of rumor and innuendo out there, on both sides, and little if any of it was ever confirmed or proven to be the case.

AA Mil

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2006, 12:15:43 PM »
Koast I NEVER said Kobe was a rapist, I just said his lack of conviction has nothing to do with him being one or not.  As far as her sleeping with someone the next day, all I can say is use the same standard for her that you use for Kobe.  There was a whole lot of rumor and innuendo out there, on both sides, and little if any of it was ever confirmed or proven to be the case.
Concur.
Court has little or nothing to do with getting to the truth of matter in many cases.

As to her "next day", is this based on fact or more of Kobmes defense liarwers?

My understaning was/is that crime scene forensics can find DNA on underclothes that were properly and promptly washed -even if months ago.  So that dna was from previous encounters she had.  Which of course as a "she" makes her a skanky hoe but if a "he" has multiples he is a percieved stud playa. :crazy:   That bull has been propulgated on chicks for centuries.

Is it possible Bryant is innocent?  Absolutely.   His after trial apology makes that very shakey.

As with zig etc I was not there and do not know what happened.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2006, 12:22:46 PM »

I WAS!!!!......Kobe raped her!   :moon:

(now I'm on a binge)
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2006, 12:23:10 PM »
None of these guys are "heroes" and I certainly don't look at them that way.  They are performers that provide entertainment to those who enjoy pro hoops.  Nothing more, nothing less.
applause

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2006, 01:02:42 PM »
Gee, do you think Kobe's defense team could have been a slightly bit biased in their portrayal of the victim during the trial? They could have alluded to her bending over to pick up a dropped item as evidence of how she enticed Kobe into action.

Gee, I guess the biased defense team were just being dicks by bringing up the second sample of semen on her leg and then the third sample on her panties.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2006, 01:04:36 PM »

I WAS!!!!......Kobe raped her!   :moon:

(now I'm on a binge)
So were you the second or third sample of DNA from semen on the chick?  Were you the first, second or third depositor?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2006, 01:25:03 PM »
So were you the second or third sample of DNA from semen on the chick? Were you the first, second or third depositor?

You should know..........Kobe was hittin' my sloppy seconds.  
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2006, 03:27:09 PM »

Gee, I guess the biased defense team were just being dicks by bringing up the second sample of semen on her leg and then the third sample on her panties.
No, they were just doing their jobs, which means they were putting out there any type of slop that might stick on the wall. After all, they just needed one Kobe-kisser like WOW on the jury to buy into it as being germane.