Author Topic: Artest to become a Laker?  (Read 3196 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Artest to become a Laker?
« on: January 04, 2006, 11:16:35 AM »
There's alot of talk about Artest going to GS, which is why I don't think he will.  I think GS is being used as leverage.  Rumor has it that it's Bynum that's holding up the show, not Odom.  Odom is not on the table otherwise this trade would have gone down already.  Word is it's George, a Laker big and a draft pick.  There might be a third team involved for money reasons.

Wonder how Artest would blend in with the Lakers.  PJ has a rep of dealing with problem players and if anyone can handle Artest it's PJ.  I don't know how Kobe will deal with Ron.  It would be an interesting scenario, nightly drama IMO.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 11:54:14 AM »
Artest for Rasho...nuf said.

:rofl:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Guest_Randy

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 12:49:54 PM »
I'm for this trade ONLY if it involves getting rid of Kwame Brown!  Otherwise, the Lakers are better off without Artest!

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 04:08:06 PM »
I'm for this trade ONLY if it involves getting rid of Kwame Brown!  Otherwise, the Lakers are better off without Artest!
Amen, Randy!  

At this point I'd support a trade of Kwame for a box of Cheerios.  They both have the same amount of low post moves, plus Cheerios have bigger, stronger hands.  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 04:24:21 PM »
I guess Laker fans aren't up for gambling.

Kobe/Odom/Artest...WOW, that's a tough lineup.  I'd put them ahead of everyone in the west with the exception of SA and PHX.  We'd still have a big empty void in the front court which would kill us in the playoffs but that team would be fun to watch if PJ could get them to mesh.  Too bad Artest isn't able to defend PF's, then the Lakers would be set.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 04:29:24 PM »
Ron Artest is bi-polar. That means that Phil Jackson can't control him any more then Sigmund Freud could control him.

If you want to turn the LA Lakers into Hollywood Babylon, just try watching an ego like Kobe's trying to mesh with a nutcase like Artest and see how far that gets you.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 06:40:41 PM »
George and Von Wafer sandwhiched around a Laker Big Man.  Ohhhhhwwww cool off Laker Nation with a visual of that.

Indy and Larry Bird must be ready to take that deal tommorow. :rofl:  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 02:50:55 PM »
George and Von Wafer sandwhiched around a Laker Big Man.  Ohhhhhwwww cool off Laker Nation with a visual of that.

Indy and Larry Bird must be ready to take that deal tommorow. :rofl:
Just so you know, the Pacers are only going to get those b and c level players because his (Artests) salary is real low.  The Pacers will not get anyone in return thats worth as much as Artest.

Anyone have a site that lists players salaries?  I am curious exactly who else in the league will matchup salary wise to Artest.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 03:03:36 PM »
Just so you know, the Pacers are only going to get those b and c level players because his (Artests) salary is real low.  The Pacers will not get anyone in return thats worth as much as Artest.
Larry Bird is not gonna get hornsnaggled and isn't going to trade Artest to the Lakers period, and certainly not for the silly suggestion of "George, a Laker stiffy and a draft pick".

99.99 the Pacers will not get any one for one as good as Artest.  However he is not the only problem child in the NBA.  Lets see what the future brings with other teams wanting to swap children.

Larry may also hold out for a lotto pick next year.  I'm sure many of the lotto teams would consider Artest.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 03:17:54 PM »
Why would we want Artest anyway?  He'd just take away precious shots that Kobe could be horking up from 30 feet out with 19 seconds on the shot clock.  

:drunk: Kobe!  Kobe!  Kobe! Kobe!  :drunk:

The "Reality" is, the Pacer's will never get anywhere freakin' close to Artest's market value.  Not only b/c of his salary, which I believe is around $6mil/year, a bargain considering his talent (not even going to deduct for craziness, which you could), but also because HE DEMANDED a trade.  That always negates any leverage your team may have had in trade negotiations.  What a dumb-arse!  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 03:27:49 PM »
Why would we want Artest anyway?  He'd just take away precious shots that Kobe could be horking up from 30 feet out with 19 seconds on the shot clock.  

The "Reality" is, the Pacer's will never get anywhere freakin' close to Artest's market value.  Not only b/c of his salary, which I believe is around $6mil/year, a bargain considering his talent (not even going to deduct for craziness, which you could), but also because HE DEMANDED a trade.  That always negates any leverage your team may have had in trade negotiations.  What a dumb-arse!
e-x-a-c-t-l-y.

Problem is he is making a lot of those now. :eek2:

I don't think the Pacers will end up getting hozed.  But of course concur that had Artest simply gone to management and said lets work out a trade...

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2006, 04:41:36 PM »
Problem is he is making a lot of those now. :eek2:

Not a "problem" for Laker fans.  

It will be a problem though if the other guys don't start to get involved more in the offense.  The team really looked liked they were starting to gel offensively during the first 3/4 of December.  Sharing the ball, moving well within the triangle offense, good spacing, etc.  I'd like to see them get back to that type of play soon.  If not, they will continue to hover around .500.  If Kobe keeps shooting like he's shooting, I see the team's record ending up somewhere around his shooting percentage of .450  :puke:  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2006, 05:45:47 PM »

The thing is that certain teams will take a chance on him to improve their defense.  I agree that his stock has dropped because of his decision but its impossible, even if he didnt demand that trade, for them to deal him because of the rules stating you must trade players with matching salaries.

B and C level players get paid 7-8 million a year.  I think Foyle and Dampier are making like 9 a year or in that area :rofl:
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2006, 05:51:02 PM »
what will end up happening is they will trade Artest along with one of their bad contracts to make the salaries work

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2006, 05:57:06 PM »
what will end up happening is they will trade Artest along with one of their bad contracts to make the salaries work
<cough> Croshere <cough>  

If only Croshere could play against the Lakers in every game, he'd be an all-star.  It seems like that can be said for a lot of NBA journeymen over the years ... doesn't it?