Author Topic: Pistoners-Heat  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Pistoners-Heat
« on: December 29, 2005, 11:21:30 PM »
Did anyone see White Chocolate *palm* the ball and take it to towards the rack for the 4th qtr would-be-dunk (would be layup).  Like a waiter carrying a plate he was gonna serve it.  He got it like at the corner top of the key and a huge opening occured in the lane.  Pistons closed it and someone swatted his shot. :rofl:   It was classic.

Otherwise JWilliams played pretty good.

Otherwise Pistons looked very beatable.  Last two teams to start 22-3 were eliminated in the playoffs.  Spurs over Mavs/Spurs over Phx.

Not saying Det didnt look good at times.

Get Miami a clue on rotation defense Riley.  Those Sheed treys with no one within 15 feet are sad.  Offensively the last 30 seconds were a joke for the Heat.  Down 5 and no one wants to shoot.  Instead they force pass it around then force it into Shaq, who was either too tired or clueless to know the ball was coming.  Turnover.

I expected DWade to get shafted on the calls on XMass day.  He did.  What was with the pampering of RIP vs DWade all 4th qtr vs Pistons tonight :huh:  :huh:

Anyone see at least the 4th?
Wade was clutch.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 11:24:33 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Pistoners-Heat
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 11:11:10 AM »
Reality I think you dont understand that the NBA has decided to change the way they call defensive contact on the perimeter now.  That is why you see alot of questionable calls on the perimeter and especially for Wade because he uses his hands alot.  The way they are calling the contact now is you are not allowed to touch the offensive player with your arm or hands at all.   Bs, I know, but that is one of the rule changes they have made this year.  This one teamed up with the under the shooter rule (which sounds good  to protect the shooter until its explained how they are suppose to be calling it now) really cripples the perimeter defenders.  IMO I think the NBA is trying to turn this into the National Mavericks Basketball League where teams score 140 points a night.  I want a good product on both ends of the floor!

I didn't see the game but knowing how Rip gets his points and how the Pistons offense has been running for the last few years I am going to assume that he got a number of fouls coming chasing Rip around screens (Wade that is).
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Pistoners-Heat
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 04:16:06 PM »
Reality I think you dont understand that the NBA has decided to change the way they call defensive contact on the perimeter now.
I'm reffering to the two Offensive calls against DWade on RIP 30 seconds apart mid 4th.

Both looked bogus.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Pistoners-Heat
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 05:30:40 PM »
I'm reffering to the two Offensive calls against DWade on RIP 30 seconds apart mid 4th.

Both looked bogus.

WTF, Reality?  I saw that game.  Both of those were BLATANT, LEGITIMATE, EASILY-VISIBLE offensive fouls.  Pretty stupid ones, too.  You can't hook and hold-off a defender with your arm to get around him, and you can't square your shoulder and elbow and pop a guy chasing you with it.  Those were easy calls.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Pistoners-Heat
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 10:28:52 PM »

Both looked bogus.

WTF, Reality?  I saw that game.  Both of those were BLATANT, LEGITIMATE, EASILY-VISIBLE offensive fouls.  Pretty stupid ones, too.  You can't hook and hold-off a defender with your arm to get around him, and you can't square your shoulder and elbow and pop a guy chasing you with it.  Those were easy calls.
You can if your name is Billips and White Chocolate is chasing you.

What I saw on the one Wade-Rip was both of them locking arms simultaneously.  Since the NBA is allegedly cracking down on D contact why was Wade rung up?

Guest_Randy

Pistoners-Heat
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 02:06:28 PM »
Hmm, Pistons are playing better than the Spurs -- is it ANY wonder that you can't be objective any more when it comes to this team?

Oh no, Reality has lost objectivity on yet ANOTHER team!!!  :rofl:  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Pistoners-Heat
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 03:30:25 PM »
Hmm, Pistons are playing better than the Spurs -- is it ANY wonder that you can't be objective any more when it comes to this team?

Oh no, Reality has lost objectivity on yet ANOTHER team!!!  :rofl:
Apparantly you did not watch or know anything about the Heat-Pistons game.  Or you did watch and know nothing of the Heat-Pistons game. :rofl:   Thus have no comment on the threads topic.  Okay.  Hasn't stopped you before.

In rollarcoasting over to your comments on the Spurs-Pistions, here is what is happening in Reality:

The Spurs lost to the Pistons on Dec 25th at Det without SuperManu.  I didn't like the loss, but props to the Pistons.

Spurs have gone on to win 3 straight, with GNob increasing his time and production each game.  They are 24-7.  Fabs is playing more, Tim is resting more, they have craked 100 nearly all three games.  It's all good.

Last two teams to start 22-3 were eliminated by whom?  Pay attention Randolph, the Spurs.  Dallas in '03 and Phx in 05. Both Championship Spurs years.

While the Pistons IMO are better then either of those two teams and may be better then the Manu-less Spurs in the 1st quarter of the season, i'm calm and am enjoying Spurs hoop.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 03:31:33 PM by Reality »

Guest_Randy

Pistoners-Heat
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 04:02:51 PM »
While the Pistons IMO are better then either of those two teams and may be better then the Manu-less Spurs in the 1st quarter of the season, i'm calm and am enjoying Spurs hoop.

Yep, you enjoy Spurs hoops even when they aren't playing!  If you DON'T think you have a problem with the Pistons -- go back and read your own posts -- first, the Pistons get ALL the breaks (and all the calls) while the Heat get none.  It's obvious that nobody agrees with you -- but that has never affected you before!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Pistoners-Heat
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 06:09:45 PM »

Yep, you enjoy Spurs hoops even when they aren't playing!  If you DON'T think you have a problem with the Pistons -- go back and read your own posts -- first, the Pistons get ALL the breaks (and all the calls) while the Heat get none.  It's obvious that nobody agrees with you -- but that has never affected you before!
Okay now you are back on the threads topic of the Pistons-heat game.

Randy wrote:
"first, the Pistons get ALL the breaks (and all the calls) while the Heat get none"

I disagree.  There were about 60 calls made that game.  I certainly do not believe they favored The Pistons 60-0.

"It's obvious that nobody agrees with you"
Who else thinks it was 60-0 Pistons?

I did think one defensive and at least one of two 4th qtr offensive calls against DWade vs Rip were bogile.  JoeV disagrees, but i wouldn't call him a nobody.

"Yep, you enjoy Spurs hoops even when they aren't playing!"
Yes i do sometimes savor their play well after the final buzzer.
Or I tape it so if you ever come out of cyberville you can sit down and watch Manu and company in detail.

Otherwise given to Realityette Jr. to translate.  She said Randy is "silly."

But Randy, n-o-t-h-i-n-g you post could take away from my and the board joy of you seeing a Kobme play thru the eyes of truth. :cry:  :bounce:  :cry:  :bounce:  which you did on his elbow of Brad Miller. :up:  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Pistoners-Heat
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2006, 06:39:57 PM »
...on his elbow of Brad Miller...
That's all you need to read to know how out of touch with reality Reality has become.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 06:40:22 PM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Guest_Randy

Pistoners-Heat
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2006, 07:03:43 PM »

Okay now you are back on the threads topic of the Pistons-heat game.

Randy wrote:
"first, the Pistons get ALL the breaks (and all the calls) while the Heat get none"

I disagree.  There were about 60 calls made that game.  I certainly do not believe they favored The Pistons 60-0.

"It's obvious that nobody agrees with you"
Who else thinks it was 60-0 Pistons?

I did think one defensive and at least one of two 4th qtr offensive calls against DWade vs Rip were bogile.  JoeV disagrees, but i wouldn't call him a nobody.

"Yep, you enjoy Spurs hoops even when they aren't playing!"
Yes i do sometimes savor their play well after the final buzzer.
Or I tape it so if you ever come out of cyberville you can sit down and watch Manu and company in detail.

Otherwise given to Realityette Jr. to translate.  She said Randy is "silly."

But Randy, n-o-t-h-i-n-g you post could take away from my and the board joy of you seeing a Kobme play thru the eyes of truth. :cry:  :bounce:  :cry:  :bounce:  which you did on his elbow of Brad Miller. :up:
Again Reality's version of Reality -- in which Kobe can do nothing right and the Spurs can do nothing wrong (until they go into their rebuilding phase after TD retires -- then he will again have sudden amnesia and forget that he was EVER a Spurs fan)!