Author Topic: Rip Van Rolando  (Read 5614 times)

Rolando Blackman

Rip Van Rolando
« on: December 13, 2005, 09:30:35 PM »
Where...where...where am I?

The last I recall, "Our Heroes" were apparently cruising to yet another championship, waiting to feast on a sumptuopus Piston-flavored repast...after that, I don't remember a thing!  Now, I return to "Reality" to find that (above all) Shaq Daddy has been traded to Miami (!), Phil has left and since returned, Karl is retired (at last), and "Kobme" is a has-been almost-felon!  Dang...things have certainly changed, and it's only been two years, not 20!

Anyweay, I'm back...go 'head, dis L.A. all you want - I do, myself!

Rolando

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Rip Van Rolando
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 09:58:41 PM »
Welcome back.  Coming back to Reality is always a good thing. :D

How is the wheat grass growing/consuming?
Is son's atty studies landing him on the Stanford deans list?  Or at least the Dads list? B)  

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Rip Van Rolando
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 10:18:39 PM »
Rolando!
I'm glad to see you're still with us.
I was worried that you had gone out and killed somebody after the Pistons Finals.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Rip Van Rolando
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 10:32:25 PM »
Dude!! It is great to see you again! You can't get away with this last post, where have you been, what have you been up to, and how have you been? Are you out on probation or parole? (Just kidding)

Welcome back, we've missed you.
Dan

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Rip Van Rolando
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 11:48:37 PM »
Welcome Back Ro'....Lunch Money got is Rings back...hehehe

Dont worry we dont pick on the Lakers too much here...with the exception of Reality that is.  the rest of us know they arent what they used to be so we dont usually waste our time on them..  Glad to have you back though.  hope you decide to stick around this time.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Rip Van Rolando
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 12:27:46 AM »
Hey y'all!

First of all, Reality - thanks for getting me healthy...I am still juicing, although I cannot say I have developed a taste for wheatgrass even after all this time!

Yes, things are not what they used to be for we die-hard LAL fans...even the once-lowly Clippers routinely kick boot on the Lakers now, and worse yet it goes unremarked!  Dang...

My son is doing quite well in school, thank you...a 4.1 GPA and great SAT2 results...even so, Stanford appears doubtful.  Actually, that is what has taken all of my non-work related time...it's not easy keeping a teenager motivated and focused on the prize!  Argghhh...

I am glad to be back...and seeing that my old buddy jn is still posting does my aging heart good!

I have many stories to tell you about what has gone down in the interim period...I will be bringing you up-to-date in the coming days.  Laters!

-RB
Shaq #1 (man, does this feel good)

Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?

jn

Rip Van Rolando
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 10:39:40 AM »
RB!  I thought you were dead.  Dang, there goes my plan to steal your identity.

Great to have you back.  Hopefully it won't be another 2 years before your next post.  

P.S. I started using wheatgrass about 6 years ago and I still have to slam it down fast to avoid tasting it.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Rip Van Rolando
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 11:24:41 AM »
RB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes things have changed and yes its painful but thats the name of the game right? You win some, you lose some.  We always have arguments, like JoMaL and I had, that can help us remember the good ol days of the Shaq/Kobe era LOL.

BUT aside from that

I am very glad you are still around and popping up.  I miss your brand of posting.

Btw, The Diesel is a cop in Broward County now making a buck a year...might want to get pulled over to grab that signature!!  
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Rip Van Rolando
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 11:42:27 AM »
Rolando, old bean, how's it going.

Good to see you back on the board. Several posters have mentioned missing you for some reason, during your self-imposed exile. I, of course, secretly was relieved that another Laker fan was not present, to further douse the flames of diversity.

And what would you guys do without me? Wheatgrass is much more medicinal if you smoke it. Are all you SoCal Laker losers suffering from Valley Girl Fever, or something?  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Rip Van Rolando
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 12:11:58 PM »
Whats the dealy with Wheatgrass?  how is it good for you?  please explain...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Rip Van Rolando
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 01:00:08 PM »
Whats the dealy with Wheatgrass?  how is it good for you?  please explain...
Smoking Wheatgrass helps numb the sensation you get when your team lets a backdoor lob play be ran on them 8 times in one game.  The fact it lowers your stress level is how it is good for you.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Rip Van Rolando
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 03:28:19 PM »
What's up Rolando Blackman, good to see you on the board again.  

Did you here Shaq is a cop in Miami now, too.  I dunno if I were him I'd want a raise, $1 a year.  He's getting screwed, man.  7'1, 330 pounds of cop, I wouldn't want to catch him in a dark alley with a TV in my arms.  Heck, not even in a well-lit alley.    
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Rip Van Rolando
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005, 03:43:12 PM »
Whats the dealy with Wheatgrass?  how is it good for you?  please explain...
Smoking Wheatgrass helps numb the sensation you get when your team lets a backdoor lob play be ran on them 8 times in one game.  The fact it lowers your stress level is how it is good for you.
Now THAT was the voice of experience.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Rip Van Rolando
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2005, 04:49:55 PM »
What's up Rolando Blackman, good to see you on the board again.  

Did you here Shaq is a cop in Miami now, too.  I dunno if I were him I'd want a raise, $1 a year.  He's getting screwed, man.  7'1, 330 pounds of cop, I wouldn't want to catch him in a dark alley with a TV in my arms.  Heck, not even in a well-lit alley.
ummm, this IS Shaq we are talking about, if you could not out run him than you deserve to be caught... :rofl:  

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Rip Van Rolando
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2005, 05:13:12 PM »
ummm, this IS Shaq we are talking about, if you could not out run him than you deserve to be caught... 

good point, I am caring a TV in my arms, but I'll re-phrase:

7'1, 330 pound cop with a gun. :eek2:  
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 05:13:45 PM by Skandery »
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."