Author Topic: Who is the first coach to be fired  (Read 4200 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Who is the first coach to be fired
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2005, 12:36:14 PM »
Hmm, does Riles think that he can do a better job than Stan Van Gundy? 

I certainly don't think so!  He MIGHT do a better job with Shaq -- but I think he would be too confrontational.  He DEFINATELY would hurt Shaq on the court because his practices are GRUELING and Shaq won't be able to handle it (he's knees already have enough problems sustaning his weight). 

I think Riles is a BIG mistake -- the problem is?  Who else can they get at this point?

Actually, you know who could REALLY benefit from this?  JVG!  He could DEFINATELY use some help coaching!!!  Would he hire his brother as head coach and become the assistant?   :rofl:
Heard Magic no TV last night and he stated that Riley said he wouldn't put the Heat through the gruelling practices like he's done in the past.

I think Riley will do a great job, he's the best coach I've seen in my lifetime.  I think he's the smartest coach, superior to Brown, a great commander, ala Sloan and a great motivater ala Jackson.  I've yet to see a coach make adjustment as quickly and effectively as Riley.  Jackson and Brown come close but not equal.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 12:36:27 PM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2005, 12:40:55 PM »
Hmm, does Riles think that he can do a better job than Stan Van Gundy? 

I certainly don't think so!  He MIGHT do a better job with Shaq -- but I think he would be too confrontational.  He DEFINATELY would hurt Shaq on the court because his practices are GRUELING and Shaq won't be able to handle it (he's knees already have enough problems sustaning his weight). 

I think Riles is a BIG mistake -- the problem is?  Who else can they get at this point?

Actually, you know who could REALLY benefit from this?  JVG!  He could DEFINATELY use some help coaching!!!  Would he hire his brother as head coach and become the assistant?   :rofl:
Heard Magic no TV last night and he stated that Riley said he wouldn't put the Heat through the gruelling practices like he's done in the past.

I think Riley will do a great job, he's the best coach I've seen in my lifetime.  I think he's the smartest coach, superior to Brown, a great commander, ala Sloan and a great motivater ala Jackson.  I've yet to see a coach make adjustment as quickly and effectively as Riley.  Jackson and Brown come close but not equal.
Could you imagine Shaq having to go through a showtime-Riley practice??

Id expect alot of  :cry:

and

:angry:

Van Gundy took the fall for Riley's failed experiment.  To think they thought because they have Ant "overrated" Walker and J-Will they still would play as well as they did last year is a joke.    This team  is so use to relying on the big fella that when he goes down they forget how to do anything.  Believe me I saw it in LA quite a few times.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 12:43:32 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2005, 12:46:00 PM »

I think Riley will do a great job, he's the best coach I've seen in my lifetime.  I think he's the smartest coach, superior to Brown, a great commander, ala Sloan and a great motivater ala Jackson.  I've yet to see a coach make adjustment as quickly and effectively as Riley.  Jackson and Brown come close but not equal. [/quote]
 Sounds like you are bandwaggoning over.

From a religious and historical perpective, could many of the Laker faithful find it feasable, allowable to convert to Heatendom?

Heat-Clips game?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2005, 01:27:56 PM »
Sounds like you are bandwaggoning over.

From a religious and historical perpective, could many of the Laker faithful find it feasable, allowable to convert to Heatendom?

Heat-Clips game?
I've cheered for the Heat when Riley was at the helm as well as when Shaq became their centerpiece.

They only time I don't cheer for the Heat is when they play the Lakers or Clips.

I know if all the Laker faithful jump on the Heat bandwagon today we'll still have to wait for you to join us until AFTER they win a title.  We'll miss ya!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2005, 01:34:18 PM »
I've cheered for the Heat when Riley was at the helm as well as when Shaq became their centerpiece.

They only time I don't cheer for the Heat is when they play the Lakers or Clips.

I know if all the Laker faithful jump on the Heat bandwagon today we'll still have to wait for you to join us until AFTER they win a title.  We'll miss ya! [/quote]
 You pass the true test.  For now.
If signs of rooting for Riley/Shaq vs Lakers occurs......where will the coming out party be?

2.  Reality we are continuing bitter that you pick teams -in advance at that, that win the title and have non egotisitcal non spoiled non pampered players.
ZZZZZzzzzzzzz

rickortreat

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2005, 01:57:09 PM »
IMHO, Riley was simply waiting until he had finally assembled a team capable of winning before resuming the coaching job, which his ego demands.  It will also improve his winning percentage, waiting to take over when the team is ready, much like Phil Jackson.

He has proven himself to be a great coach with the showtime Lakers, Much, much better than that phoney Phil Jackson.

I doubt that Riley will try to impose that great a discipline on Shaq.  I'm pretty sure that Riley spoke with Shaq and Wade and tested the waters with them before making this move.  You don't wear down a 300 plus pound center in practice when he gets to be a certain age.  

It would not surprise me one bit to see the Heat make it to the finals.  I already picked them in the beggining of the year.

Riley will find the way to get the most out of the new additions, Antoine Walker, Gary Payton and the others.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2005, 02:24:23 PM »
Riley will find the way to get the most out of the new additions, Antoine Walker, Gary Payton and the others.
Time will tell.
With Riley obviously timing the comeback the same day as Shaq came back :rolleyes: the only fair Van Gundy-Riley comparison will be after the season.  Van Gundy bringing them to Game 7 ECF with a 60% Edesel is not bad at all.

This season Van Gundys allowing A Walker to go 3-17 on more then one occasion was ridiculous.  Riley will not tolerate Walkers gunning and missing at all IMO.

WOW while you personally choose to remain in Lakerism, would a fellow Lakerist choosing to convert to Heatism be allowable?  Since both the Showtime and New Market Millineum are represented in Riles and Shaq?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2005, 02:47:21 PM »
Quote from: WayOutWest,Dec 16 2005, 06:27 PM

I know if all the Laker faithful jump on the Heat bandwagon today we'll still have to wait for you to join us until AFTER they win a title.  We'll miss ya!
You pass the true test.  For now.
If signs of rooting for Riley/Shaq vs Lakers occurs......where will the coming out party be?

2.  Reality we are continuing bitter that you pick teams -in advance at that, that win the title and have non egotisitcal non spoiled non pampered players.
ZZZZZzzzzzzzz [/quote]
 Talk about someone making things up in their head and believing them to be true.

You picked the Spurs to beat the Lakers.  Sixers to beat the Lakers.  Pacers to beat the Lakers.  Wolves to beat the Lakers....all were wrong.  It wasnt until 4 years later the Spurs actually did beat the Lakers.  Anyone can chose one of the best teams in the league, say they will win, and then wait years and years for it to come true.

Even with the fab four you said the Spurs would beat them and then didnt.  Then went on to say the Wolves did and they didnt.

So far you are pretty much 2 for 10.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2005, 03:56:22 PM »
Time will tell.
With Riley obviously timing the comeback the same day as Shaq came back :rolleyes: the only fair Van Gundy-Riley comparison will be after the season.  Van Gundy bringing them to Game 7 ECF with a 60% Edesel is not bad at all.

This season Van Gundys allowing A Walker to go 3-17 on more then one occasion was ridiculous.  Riley will not tolerate Walkers gunning and missing at all IMO.

WOW while you personally choose to remain in Lakerism, would a fellow Lakerist choosing to convert to Heatism be allowable?  Since both the Showtime and New Market Millineum are represented in Riles and Shaq?
I think you need to worry more about your Spurs bretheren converting if the Heat win the title.  Bandwagonners are not specific to one team or city, the current bandwagon is hitched to the Spurs, they will flock to Miami this year IMO.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2005, 04:00:15 PM »
I think you need to worry more about your Spurs bretheren converting if the Heat win the title.  Bandwagonners are not specific to one team or city, the current bandwagon is hitched to the Spurs, they will flock to Miami this year IMO. [/quote]
 You didn't answer my question.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2005, 04:09:03 PM »
You didn't answer my question.
Of course it's allowable, it's typical and historical

Lakers->Lakers->Pistons->Pistons->Bulls->Bulls->Bulls->Rocket->Rocket->Bulls->Bulls->Bulls->Sp*rs->Lakers->Lakers->Lakers->Spurs->Pistons->Spurs->MIAMI.

So let it be said, so let it be written, so let it come to pass that bandwaggoners will switch "isms" and "doms" for all eternity.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 04:45:02 PM by WayOutWest »
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2005, 04:21:47 PM »
Switching it over to my four year old.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2005, 04:24:32 PM »
Finally someone who can get the "Reality" name to  make some sense!!!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 04:24:44 PM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2005, 04:42:50 PM »
Now THAT is a challenge!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2005, 06:01:24 PM »
Now if the rest of you would follow Reality's lead, this thread might go somewhere.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."