Author Topic: Nozers get wish from bball gods for 2006  (Read 742 times)

unReality

Nozers get wish from bball gods for 2006
« on: October 31, 2005, 01:25:54 PM »
MACAU -- He's being billed as China's next Yao Ming. With Yao missing from the Chinese lineup, Yi Jianlian is the focus of attention on the basketball court at the Macau East Asian Games.

And the interest in 18-year-old Yi, nicknamed "Little Yao Ming," is expected to build up because he could be eligible for next year's NBA draft.

The nearly seven-foot centre already has earned high praise for his athleticism and toughness. In Macau, he's demonstrated a shooting touch as well.

HUMBLE

However, Yi played down comparisons with Yao after an impressive performance yesterday in China's 70-57 victory against Japan.

Yi was humble when asked whether he had assumed Yao's leadership role in the absence of the big Houston Rockets star.

"Without Yao Ming, our whole team has had to play physical, because I'm not Yao Ming," he told reporters after the victory against Japan.

Yi's most exciting feature of all: potential. Still in his teens, Yi could grow more, bulk up, and develop a full arsenal of skills. Yao has said that at 16, he didn't possess Yi's skills.

Yesterday, Yi gave a glimpse of what he could become.

He showed his range, swiveling near the baseline for a dunk, making the short jumper, converting from just inside the three-point line and dominating the boards. He finished with a game-high 23 points, 12 rebounds and two blocks.

eastkoast

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 02:31:34 PM »
They will never get that pick because Kobe is going to take this team to the finals and win it all with a game winning shot in game 7 against the Spurs.  

Then I will spend all summer  :hail:  my Kobe poster while driving in traffic.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 03:46:52 PM »
They will never get that pick because Kobe is going to take this team to the finals and win it all with a game winning shot in game 7 against the Spurs.  

Then I will spend all summer  :hail:  my Kobe poster while driving in traffic.
Do I REALLY need to point out that the Spurs and Lakers are in the same conference?

Otherwise, LOL!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 11:17:32 AM »

Then I will spend all summer  :hail:  my Kobe poster while driving in traffic.
Do I REALLY need to point out that the Spurs and Lakers are in the same conference?

Otherwise, LOL!
 :rofl:  
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 03:13:04 PM »

Then I will spend all summer  :hail:  my Kobe poster while driving in traffic.

Otherwise, LOL!
:rofl:
Why would the Lakers appear in the finals against a minor league Eastern Conference champion anyway?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."