Author Topic: did anyone catch the SPurs vs Miami  (Read 3166 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
did anyone catch the SPurs vs Miami
« on: October 12, 2005, 10:12:16 AM »
Both teams looked ok for being preseason, Spurs went with scrubs for the a good amount of time it looked like, not even scrubs, wanna be scrubs, these were camp try out guys it looked like.  one looked pretty good, tall lanky foward, kind of a sean elliot frame but maybe taller, saw him post walker under the basket the swing around him for what looked like a reverse layup, but he decided to dunk on him.  think his name was ashad or something like that.  Spurs were up by 18 at one point, nice firepower.  Heat came back to win the game that game on one of thier scrubs layup over our scrubs.  I think Oberto hurt himself a bit nothing major though but it looked like he tweaked his thigh.  Spurs should be the most dominant in the west, Heat look like they COULD be the best in the east this season, if they can play together for the rest of the season.  For a pre season game it was a pretty good game.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Guest_Randy

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 11:51:29 AM »
I didn't see the game -- but I give props to BOTH teams for putting on this game for charity.  

The Heat deserve MAJOR props for donating ALL the proceeds (tickets, concessions, parking, everything) to charity -- raising over $1.1 million!   :up:  

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 12:22:52 PM »
yeah, they also donated a lot of tickets to the game rather than sell them which is way cool.  The crowd loved it from what i could see on tv, they were fired up.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 12:10:54 PM »
Also liked how when Miami sub put winning bucket in and it was being questioned/reviewed if he shot it on time, Pop went over to officials and said "Count it.", meaning don't even bother reviewing it, we want the bucket to count.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 12:35:51 PM »
Also liked how when Miami sub put winning bucket in and it was being questioned/reviewed if he shot it on time, Pop went over to officials and said "Count it.", meaning don't even bother reviewing it, we want the bucket to count.
That only proves Pop is a HORRIBLE coach!!!

CASE CLOSED!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 12:43:35 PM »

CASE CLOSED!
What a case for the show "Cold Case".

Spurs are not desperate for a win of any kind, ie the years 1st exibition game and for charity at that.

You and that Polar Bear that think one has to "keep score" even while playing your Aunt Myrtle in the backyard. :rolleyes:  

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 12:57:28 PM »

CASE CLOSED!
No....Pop just knows there are better things to do in South Beach than play basketball to the wee hours of the night.  Especially a game that doesn't count.  Wait until June and see if he has the same attitude.   :up:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2005, 01:00:29 PM »

CASE CLOSED!
No....Pop just knows there are better things to do in South Beach than play basketball to the wee hours of the night.  Especially a game that doesn't count.  Wait until June and see if he has the same attitude.   :up:
How does that powerbait taste?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2005, 02:12:49 PM »

CASE CLOSED!
Well...let's just say......

Kobe sucks.    :moon:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2005, 03:01:19 PM »

CASE CLOSED!
Bleeding Christ, I was sure the "Case Closed" reference would be as abviouis as a Championship ASTERISK.  

I aimed so low and it still went over their heads! :rolleyes:  
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2005, 04:54:47 PM »
Ok BBall Expert.

Do we need to restart our prior dialogue.  It ended...I beleive...with you calling me an idiot.  Then I replied under the user name"Idiot" that your circular logic was turning into pretzel logic because of the twists involved.  I then was called something like "Dirty Scumbag".  To which a new user named "Dirty Scumbag" replied:  "How did I get dragged into this argument?"  

So I suppose the ball is in your court so to speak.....
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2005, 09:22:57 AM »
Ok BBall Expert.

Exactly, that was the point.  

I still think you're not getting it.

Do we need to restart our prior dialogue.  It ended...I beleive...with you calling me an idiot.  Then I replied under the user name"Idiot" that your circular logic was turning into pretzel logic because of the twists involved.  I then was called something like "Dirty Scumbag".  To which a new user named "Dirty Scumbag" replied:  "How did I get dragged into this argument?" 

FYI, when something "ends" it's not followed by a "then".  

I called you an idiot and dirty scumbag?  Please point it out Lurker.  Sorry but your track record for remembering who posted what is pretty horried IMO.  Maybe you're referring to westkoast.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 09:23:29 AM by WayOutWest »
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2005, 09:58:10 AM »
Ok BBall Expert.

Exactly, that was the point.  

I still think you're not getting it.

Do we need to restart our prior dialogue.  It ended...I beleive...with you calling me an idiot.  Then I replied under the user name"Idiot" that your circular logic was turning into pretzel logic because of the twists involved.  I then was called something like "Dirty Scumbag".  To which a new user named "Dirty Scumbag" replied:  "How did I get dragged into this argument?" 

FYI, when something "ends" it's not followed by a "then".  

I called you an idiot and dirty scumbag?  Please point it out Lurker.  Sorry but your track record for remembering who posted what is pretty horried IMO.  Maybe you're referring to westkoast.
I believe now you aren't getting "Mr. Expert".  Maybe I should sl.ow  i.t  d..o..w..n
f...o...r   y...o.....u!

I was referring to what I beleive was our final conversation on the old MSNBC board.  Or is it since you started posting here under that funky WOW handle you have forgotten all of your past dealings.  And I now remember what the final "title" that you bestowed on me: King of the Morons.  One that has continued to identify me with the royalty of any board I post on.   :puke:

-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2005, 10:07:37 AM »
Ive never called Lurker an idiot.  I usually save such kind words for Reality and Reality only.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2005, 10:19:26 AM »
Just to be clear......

WOW never called me an idiot or any other name (except for some derogatory Texas references but then what can you expect from envious Californians).

The name calling was done by a poster on the old MSNBC board that went by the handle of "BBall Expert".  It was this expert that caused me to shorten my handle there to BBF as there started to be some confusion by the less than astute posters as to who was making the wild claims.  His signature line was "Case Closed" even though he usually went on to continue arguing his misguided points.
-Moody Blues