Author Topic: Eddy Curry to the Knicks  (Read 928 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Eddy Curry to the Knicks
« on: October 04, 2005, 10:50:02 AM »
espn story

Associated Press

DEERFIELD, Ill. -- The Bulls dealt center Eddy Curry to the New York Knicks on Monday, ending a contentious negotiation in which Chicago insisted the restricted free agent take a DNA test over a heart problem.

Chicago also sent veteran center Antonio Davis to the Knicks, who traded away forwards Tim Thomas, Michael Sweetney and Jermaine Jackson. Several draft choices also changed hands in the deal, according to an executive in the Eastern Conference who spoke on condition of anonymity.

The trade was expected to be finalized Tuesday.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Eddy Curry to the Knicks
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 10:57:15 AM »
Ive been a big Eddy Curry fan since he was in high school, think hes a good player that could bring alot to NY.  With that said though, he has been injured quite a bit for being such a young guy.  That is not including his heart condition either.  Which is pretty serious for anyone but especially a guy running up and down a court for four quarters.  Honestly, right now, hes a gamble.

AD is a good pick up for them though.  He should be able to provide some defense and rebounding to the 2nd unit.  I like that move.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 10:58:58 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Eddy Curry to the Knicks
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 11:38:45 AM »
I think he should submit to the DNA testing.  His lawyer Alan Milstein is just being another wheezbag money grubber.  ( Milstein  :rofl:   )  And Milstein is backed by Antonio Walker, so he must be right. :rolleyes:

Contrast with the view of Jerome Stanley, the late Reggie Lewis agent:

That's what scares Jerome Stanley, Lewis' agent. He recalled the ride through Boston with Lewis' family in a limousine on the way to the funeral as one of the toughest things he ever had to do. Stanley said Tuesday he wishes now that DNA testing had been an option.

"I've seen this movie before," he said. "Eddy Curry and his family and his agent do not believe he can drop dead and die. You know what? He can drop dead and die. It goes just like that.

"If I'm the team, let the insurance be your guide," Stanley said. "The insurance won't insure it, that should tell you something. They've got the biggest group of risk managers.

"Now maybe they're wrong," he added. "But if you lose the bet, you don't just lose the player. The player dies."
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 11:48:58 AM by Reality »

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Eddy Curry to the Knicks
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 12:40:23 PM »
I just don't like DNA testing because of the precedent it sets for employers.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Eddy Curry to the Knicks
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 01:25:57 PM »
The more pressing issue is how Curry will react to playing for Larry Brown.  I have never thought of Curry as a defensive minded player...in fact I feel he is a little lazy on that end of the court.  And that will not hold up on Brown's team.  IMO Sweetney was better suited for Brown's style than Curry is.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues