Author Topic: Stoudemire extends 5 years  (Read 2785 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Stoudemire extends 5 years
« on: October 03, 2005, 08:43:32 PM »
Amare Stoudemire signed a five-year contract extension Monday with the Phoenix Suns worth about $73 million.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2180248

Sources said it is not currently known who David Stern will now use to revitalize the impotent Los Angeles Lakers, with both Yao and AStoud extending.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 11:40:17 PM »
Sources said it is not currently known who David Stern will now use to revitalize the impotent Los Angeles Lakers, with both Yao and AStoud extending.
Well if it wasnt a rant about the amount of money he got I expected to see something Lakers related.  Seek help  :crazy:  
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 12:14:42 AM »
You know, I may not know too much about the NBA, but this seems to be a good deal for both parties involved (it actually reminds me of the Albert Pujols deal the Cards gave him before last season).  I bet someone would have offered the maximum to Amare had he tested the open market.  The Suns lock up one of the best young big men in the game for the next five years, and Amare gets a ton of cash.  Congrats to each side.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 12:41:24 AM »
Seek help  :crazy:
Alrighty I've recieved your application.  We currently are not seeking help, however the warehouse may have an opening for semi truck loader of Laker Winnin Juice.  I could possibly work you into the I.T. dept before long.

Of course some other team would have offered AStoud the max.  This is the NBA.
It's a good signing for Phx.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 10:54:50 AM »
Seek help  :crazy:
Alrighty I've recieved your application.  We currently are not seeking help, however the warehouse may have an opening for semi truck loader of Laker Winnin Juice.  I could possibly work you into the I.T. dept before long.

Im already in an IT department.  I dont think I want to transfer to nutjob inc where you are the CEO.

"This is the NBA" so are you saying Amare is not worth max money?  Because he actually is one of the few players in this league who do deserve max money.  When you put up 30+-10 points games in the playoffs each and every night in a series you are a max money type of player.  Hes young, hes the best power forward outside of Duncan, and hes still learning how to improve an already awesome game.  Im with Wolv on this one, its a good signing for both sides.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 03:46:19 PM »

Im already in an IT department.  I dont think I want to transfer to nutjob inc where you are the CEO.

"This is the NBA" so are you saying....

Im with Wolv on this one, its a good signing for both sides. [/quote]
 Road trips to Fresno sound almost as good as Bakersfield.    

"It's a good signing for Phx."
I'm glad you agree with Wolv and I.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 04:11:01 PM »
Quote from: Reality,Oct 4 2005, 03:46 PM
Quote from: westkoast,Oct 4 2005, 03:54 PM

"This is the NBA" so are you saying....

Im with Wolv on this one, its a good signing for both sides.
Road trips to Fresno sound almost as good as Bakersfield.    

"It's a good signing for Phx."
I'm glad you agree with Wolv and I. [/QUOTE]
Funny cuz we have offices in both those locations  :D   Fresno is actually more fun than Bakersfield.  Although thats like saying getting stabbed is more fun than getting lit on fire.

You said its a good signing for PHX but made it sound like he didnt deserve max money.  So do you think he deserves max money or not?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 04:11:24 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 04:38:08 PM »
Stoudamire deserves max money no doubt.  That is to say if any of them do, other then Dunkar, KG, Shaq.  But Stoudamire is well worth the gamble, if you call it a gamble.  

My point is about any stiff in the NBA who is over 6'10" and has some skills can grab $60 million.  That is not a dig at Stoudamire but more a dig at the NBA.  Stoudamire definiely has skills, showed it when it counts in the playoffs and is at the age and team age whereupon it makes sense for Phx to lock him up.

http://www.rashonesterovic.com/

Guest_Randy

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 04:55:32 PM »
Stoudamire worked ALL summer polishing his game -- he has the heart, desire, work ethic, attitude and skill -- not too many big men like that in the game.  Phoenix basically said "we want you longterm" and he likes they way they have treated him.  I'm glad to see it -- Amare, Nash and Marion are going to bring a LOT of excitement to the desert.

On a side note, I have ZERO idea how the Lakers fit into this.  We've already discussed the fact that Yao reupped (and I'm glad the Lakers WON'T get Yao).  I don't think the Lakers ever had a serious chance at Amare -- he loves Phoenix and I'm very happy to see players who give a little loyalty to a team (of course, it's easy to be loyal for max money -- lol).  

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 06:43:17 PM »
On a side note, I have ZERO idea how the Lakers fit into this.
You know Randy, sometimes you just crack me up  :bash: .  I sometimes think that you and Reality are the same person, (just trying to create a Genghis/Joe kind of thing), but in the end your personality just can't help but bleed through into both identities. :bash:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 07:17:09 PM by ziggy »
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Guest_Randy

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2005, 08:18:37 AM »
Sorry, zig, didn't mean to hurt your feelings as a bitter Blazer fan with my comments about Mo Cheeks.  Hope you get over it!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2005, 08:50:47 AM »
On a side note, I have ZERO idea how the Lakers fit into this.
You know Randy, sometimes you just crack me up  :bash: .  I sometimes think that you and Reality are the same person, (just trying to create a Genghis/Joe kind of thing), but in the end your personality just can't help but bleed through into both identities. :bash:
I think ziggy needs you to draw him a picture regarding that reference Randy.  Or at least a map to where it originated.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2005, 08:57:35 AM »
Or Lakers fans need to remember the talk about why the Lakers (Buss) is being so frugal with contracts this summer.  Something about pairing a free agent big man with the best backcourt player.  And it seems all those big men are re-upping with their current teams.

But, of course, the reply will be:

Lurker you are confusiong us with those nutriders at Fanhome.   :bash:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 08:57:59 AM by Lurker »
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Guest_Randy

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2005, 09:36:43 AM »
Okay, Lurker -- just what big man should the Lakers have gone after?  The only position, outside a big man, that I wanted to see the Lakers fill is the PG position -- and I'm STILL clueless why they didn't go after a decent point guard.  Still not very happy about that -- but there weren't any free agent big men worth pursuing, IMO.  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2005, 09:48:11 AM »
Or Lakers fans need to remember the talk about why the Lakers (Buss) is being so frugal with contracts this summer.  Something about pairing a free agent big man with the best backcourt player.  And it seems all those big men are re-upping with their current teams.

But, of course, the reply will be:

Lurker you are confusiong us with those nutriders at Fanhome.   :bash:
OK, I'll DUMB it down for you.

The point WAS why are the Lakers EVEN in this discussion?

Some posters are getting FanHomish.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"