Author Topic: Fan sentenced to jail time after hitting AI . . .  (Read 941 times)

Rand

Fan sentenced to jail time after hitting AI . . .
« on: September 02, 2005, 12:17:12 PM »
From ESPN . . .

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- A Detroit Pistons fan who threw a coin at the Philadelphia 76ers' Allen Iverson, hitting him in the back of the head, received a five-day jail sentence Thursday.

Dennis W. Pauley, 31, of Taylor, was arrested after the incident April 26, late in the Pistons' 99-84 victory in Game 2 of the first round of the NBA playoffs.

He pleaded guilty in June to a misdemeanor charge of throwing an object onto a playing surface.

Pauley also was sentenced to two years of probation and was ordered not to drink alcohol during that time. The judge required Pauley get substance abuse treatment and serve 10 weekends of community service.

Pauley publicly apologized the day after the incident to Iverson, both basketball teams, the city of Auburn Hills, other fans and his family.

Good for them -- this kind of behavior needs to be made an example of each and every time.  Otherwise, NBA players have a RIGHT to go into the stands, IMO.  You've got to make it clear to the fans (I really hate calling them that because I don't think REAL fans do that to ANY player) and the players that this is not going to be tolerated.  Esp. in the aftermath of what happened in the Palace last year!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 12:49:48 PM »
I bet JoMaL will think twice before he hucks a cowbell at Kobe this year
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Randy

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 01:04:03 PM »
Nah, JoMal wouldn't get any jail time because we all know that SacTown residents can't hit their freebies!!!

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 12:20:01 PM »
Okay, I am back in the country again.....

And just so you know, we will be chucking church bells at Kings opponents this year. Yes, the religious fervor has hit Sacramento. If we see heathens, we plan on bringing the Lord Almighty down on their heads with a taste of three tons of brass first, and ask what affiliation they prefer to be buried under later.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 12:23:16 PM »
Okay, I am back in the country again.....

And just so you know, we will be chucking church bells at Kings opponents this year. Yes, the religious fervor has hit Sacramento. If we see heathens, we plan on bringing the Lord Almighty down on their heads with a taste of three tons of brass first, and ask what affiliation they prefer to be buried under later.
All opponents or just the Lakers?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 12:28:49 PM »
Well, Lakers first, of course, just to see how the reaction might be.

If those liberal pansy-wipe republicans make a stink about using church property for non-pious purposes and halt the action, at least we will solve the Laker issue with Kobe once and for all.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."