Author Topic: Is Turkey at the next level  (Read 1256 times)

host Reality

Is Turkey at the next level
« on: March 04, 2004, 12:11:37 PM »
Turkey is now 5th in the league (or so) in 3 bombs.  4-5 last night in spite of another of Zits repressive O 4th qtrs.

At 6'10" he can bring the ball up in transition as well as any guard in the league.  maybe even better since it only takes him 5 steps to go from defensive FT line to Offensive FT line.

He has arrived.  Can/will he keep it up for the rest of the year and in the playoffs.
My take is not even Popazit can stop him.  Slow him down, yes.  Stop him, no.

If we can get that offensive loon Pop to free up manu Turkey and Parker into a run n gun machine.  Bring on the 117 point games.    :D  :D  

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 12:34:06 PM »
I always liked Hedo when he was with Sacramento, thought he was a good compliment to Peja (too me, they were very similiar.)  I think he has similar simularites to Manu, they certainly open up SA's offense by being able to drive and hit the 3 ball.

He's always had game, it was just a confidence issue with him, and he's extremely confident right now. Really all year.
Paul

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 02:45:27 PM »
Well, the reason Sacramento dealt Hedo was because he did not appear to be progressing as quickly as expected.

He came to the Kings as a guy who was capable of doing just about anything on the court and able to play all the positions except center. He left Sacramento with the same rep, except with the added caveat that while he could do just about anything on the court, he excelled at none of them.

The freewheeling Kings certainly allows for some freedom within its offensive structure, but it calls for sound decision-making by its players within that loose structure. Often, this left Hedo with a predictible move out at the three-point line that you could set your watch by. Not exactly what the Kings were looking for.

With the Spurs, this might work better, as they can be predictible in their own way, but that is probably what Popovich expects. I can see that he is right behind Peja in three-point shooting percentage this year. In that he has greatly improved from his days with the Kings.    
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 05:41:12 PM »
turkey-glue is stepping up big time i think and i think he can still get a lot better, spurs better do what they can to re-sign him this summer...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.