Author Topic: FINLEY PICKS SPURS!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6439 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
FINLEY PICKS SPURS!!!!!!!!!
« on: August 31, 2005, 04:45:27 PM »
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWW!!!!
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 05:01:35 PM »
Pop and his staff are going to have one hell of a time finding minutes for all these players they have.  Good pick up though.  I wonder if the Spurs offered him a starting spot???

I thought small market teams dont attract big FAs????  I guess they do when they are successfull lol
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 05:17:20 PM »
Pop and his staff are going to have one hell of a time finding minutes for all these players they have.  Good pick up though.  I wonder if the Spurs offered him a starting spot???

I thought small market teams dont attract big FAs????  I guess they do when they are successfull lol
wow , and here i thought we were laggin in the FA market place....the guys we did sign are some very good quality players...I dont know if we have ever had a better summer in the FA market...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 05:34:22 PM »
Jiminy Christmas!!!  Can we present the 05-06 O'Brien trophy to the Spurs now and just skip ahead to the start of the 2006-2007 season?!??! WTF?!?  

Seriously, congrats Spurs fans ... it looks like your team's dynasty is still in its infancy stage.  Enjoy it while it lasts b/c once it's over every disgruntled fan of “team-mediocrity-de-jur” is going to be lining up to take shots at you!

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 05:42:25 PM »
Jiminy Christmas!!!  Can we present the 05-06 O'Brien trophy to the Spurs now and just skip ahead to the start of the 2006-2007 season?!??! WTF?!?  

Seriously, congrats Spurs fans ... it looks like your team's dynasty is still in its infancy stage.  Enjoy it while it lasts b/c once it's over every disgruntled fan of “team-mediocrity-de-jur” is going to be lining up to take shots at you!
LMAO!   man, I was sure he would NOT pick us.  wow, I'm still in shock.  This really does up our chances of not being a one-and-done team in the playoff.

off- topic, as horrible as things are in new orleans, apperanlty the Saints may just have to play thier season in SA as thier home turf....  Astrodome is filling up with people, still thousands in shelters, talk about horrible.  and in some sick way ity benefits our city.  strange.  Hope New Orleans recovers, feel sorry for those people.  going to see what I can donate to them as soon as i get home.  If any of you are near donation sites, i would suggest that you try to do the same as well, your old unused clothing, furniture, etc. can really help these people out.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 05:43:59 PM »
Great news for you Spurs fans, like you need more.

But one thing might concern you. For years, when the Kings played the Mavs, the guy that seemed to burn us regularly was Finley, and boy was he good at it.

But last year, honestly, I at times forgot he was playing.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 05:55:59 PM »
Great news for you Spurs fans, like you need more.

But one thing might concern you. For years, when the Kings played the Mavs, the guy that seemed to burn us regularly was Finley, and boy was he good at it.

But last year, honestly, I at times forgot he was playing.
LAALAALAALAALAALAALAA I DONT HEAR YOU LAALAALAALAALAALAALAA...

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005, 06:18:12 PM »
Jiminy Christmas!!!  Can we present the 05-06 O'Brien trophy to the Spurs now and just skip ahead to the start of the 2006-2007 season?!??! WTF?!? 

Seriously, congrats Spurs fans ... it looks like your team's dynasty is still in its infancy stage.  Enjoy it while it lasts b/c once it's over every disgruntled fan of “team-mediocrity-de-jur” is going to be lining up to take shots at you!
LMAO!   man, I was sure he would NOT pick us.  wow, I'm still in shock.  This really does up our chances of not being a one-and-done team in the playoff.

off- topic, as horrible as things are in new orleans, apperanlty the Saints may just have to play thier season in SA as thier home turf....  Astrodome is filling up with people, still thousands in shelters, talk about horrible.  and in some sick way ity benefits our city.  strange.  Hope New Orleans recovers, feel sorry for those people.  going to see what I can donate to them as soon as i get home.  If any of you are near donation sites, i would suggest that you try to do the same as well, your old unused clothing, furniture, etc. can really help these people out.
We were going to visit New Orleans in December and now, I just don't know. I really hope the city can recover, because I love going there.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005, 06:57:34 PM »
Another thing that should be mentioned about Finley is that he is an underrated defender.  He can match up with bigger guards/smaller SF and still hold his own.  He's no Bruce Bowen but it is a plus to have someone who could play minutes at that position and Pop wouldnt have to worry about him being a defensive liability.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2005, 08:10:45 PM »
Finley's defense was underrated.  I don't think so anymore.

At this point in his career he's slightly better than adequate.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2005, 09:27:27 PM »
My form fitting Spurs undies continue to feel great.

Randy "Why should he go to the Spurs" :hail:  :rofl:  

Guest_Randy

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2005, 09:44:33 PM »
Doesn't change the facts, does it Reality.

I don't have a CLUE how Finley is going to get decent minutes in SA -- and nobody is going to believe that he actually EARNED a ring with the Spurs -- he simply jumped on the coattails of the previous champs and, if the Spurs weren't the favorite before, definately should be now.  

It's really hard to believe since Phoenix and Miami both NEED him more -- SA just simply wanted him (and probably did the least to recruit him of ANY team that met with him).  

While it may earn him a ring -- it definately won't earn him any part of a legacy -- and most NBA talents want more than just a ring given to them -- they actually want to earn it!

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2005, 08:45:52 AM »
Legacy?

:unsure: No, I think for most of today's NBA players, it's simply about a ring.
Paul

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2005, 09:21:23 AM »
While it may earn him a ring -- it definately won't earn him any part of a legacy -- and most NBA talents want more than just a ring given to them -- they actually want to earn it!
Sounds like bitterness from a failed Malone/Payton experiment to me.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Guest_Randy

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2005, 09:27:04 AM »
Bitterness?  That's funny!  I would have liked to see how it all would have played out had Malone been healthy in the finals but I definately wouldn't call it bitterness -- nor would I call it comparing apples and apples.  

I'm trying to remember the last time a player who jumped on a championship team who really didn't need him -- can't remember one, can you?  I mean, the Lakers signed Richmond (who did get a ring) but he didn't really play much at all so that scenario doesn't fit.  The Lakers signed GP and Malone but that isn't really a comparison since both started and played starters minutes.  That scenario doesn't fit for Finley either.

I do have to say that I am surprised -- mainly because I find it very interesting that Finley didn't want a starting position with starters minutes -- I didn't think he was happy coming off the bench in Dallas.

Surprised, yes.  Bitter?  Why would I be bitter -- I'd love to see Finley get a ring -- he has been an excellent player on both ends of the court.  

It will be interesting watching Pop try and get minutes for all of his players.  I'm sure that this means that Finley will play some SF -- personally, I don't like Finley at SF.