Author Topic: Finley "sweepstakes"  (Read 2191 times)

Guest_Randy

Finley "sweepstakes"
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2005, 09:45:25 AM »
It adds up only in your twisted logic:

Superstars and stars in the NBA should only play for teams that are title contenders (except when it applies to TD and the Spurs)

Superstars should be willing to give up tons of money to play for whatever teams determined by Reality to be legitimate championship caliber.

Playoff games are more important that the regular season -- because we want to see top teams battle.

But we want to make sure that one team (the Spurs) is as stacked as possible -- however, if another team does it then you call foul!

Yeah, it all adds up perfectly -- in a world where 2 + 2 = 9!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Finley "sweepstakes"
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2005, 09:54:51 PM »
Superstars and stars in the NBA should only play for teams that are title contenders (except when it applies to TD and the Spurs)

Superstars should be willing to give up tons of money to play for whatever teams determined by Reality to be legitimate championship caliber.

Playoff games are more important that the regular season -- because we want to see top teams battle.

But we want to make sure that one team (the Spurs) is as stacked as possible -- however, if another team does it then you call foul!

1.  Lie

2.  True.  What an awesome Final Four and Finals would occur every year.  Side point give up tons  :rolleyes:  when making mega tons, yes.

3.  Duh.  Earth to Randy.  

4.  More twisted bull.  Yawn.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 10:09:52 PM by Reality »

Guest_Randy

Finley "sweepstakes"
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2005, 08:40:19 AM »
Reality -- your memory is pretty conveniently poor when you want it to be, huh?

I find it hilarious that you don't see the hypocrisy of this:

1)  Superstars/stars are to give up salary and playing minutes to be on elite championship caliber teams -- if they don't they are ridiculed.

2)  Teams, that are championship caliber teams, should sign players they don't need simply to keep them from other championship caliber teams (but the superstars/stars of the league should of course sign with them even if it means they play minimal minutes).

What's even more funny is that you are blind to the hypocrisy!!!  Hey, most fans are fanatical about their team -- it's just funny that you are so fanatical about the Spurs -- until, of course, they go through their next rebuilding phase and you become this fanatical about yet ANOTHER team!!!  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Finley "sweepstakes"
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2005, 10:25:33 AM »

1)  Superstars/stars are to give up salary and playing minutes to be on elite championship caliber teams -- if they don't they are ridiculed.

2)  Teams, that are championship caliber teams, should sign players they don't need simply to keep them from other championship caliber teams (but the superstars/stars of the league should of course sign with them even if it means they play minimal minutes).

What's even more funny is that you are blind to the hypocrisy!!!  Hey, most fans are fanatical about their team -- it's just funny that you are so fanatical about the Spurs -- until, of course, they go through their next rebuilding phase and you become this fanatical about yet ANOTHER team!!!
I find it hilarious that you think Larry Bird should not have made the NBA.

You're wrong Randy, just admit it.
Dont you see the hypocrisy in this?  
Or does your love for the Lakers blind you to it.
I have NEVER, EVER said Bird should not be in the NBA.

It is RIDICULOUS that you think Michael Jordon should have been cut.

In a Randy World it all ads up.

Guest_Randy

Finley "sweepstakes"
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2005, 11:34:13 AM »

1)  Superstars/stars are to give up salary and playing minutes to be on elite championship caliber teams -- if they don't they are ridiculed.

2)  Teams, that are championship caliber teams, should sign players they don't need simply to keep them from other championship caliber teams (but the superstars/stars of the league should of course sign with them even if it means they play minimal minutes).

What's even more funny is that you are blind to the hypocrisy!!!  Hey, most fans are fanatical about their team -- it's just funny that you are so fanatical about the Spurs -- until, of course, they go through their next rebuilding phase and you become this fanatical about yet ANOTHER team!!!
I find it hilarious that you think Larry Bird should not have made the NBA.

You're wrong Randy, just admit it.
Dont you see the hypocrisy in this?  
Or does your love for the Lakers blind you to it.
I have NEVER, EVER said Bird should not be in the NBA.

It is RIDICULOUS that you think Michael Jordon should have been cut.

In a Randy World it all ads up.
Actually, I haven't stated anything that you haven't said -- you are making up things that I NEVER said!

However, according to YOUR theory -- MJ would have never played for the Bulls -- because, even though they were a dynasty, they weren't a championship team before that time and therefore MJ should have been shipped to play for a championship caliber team!

Your way is simply sad -- but it doesn't bother a bandwagon fan, does it?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Finley "sweepstakes"
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2005, 12:16:22 PM »
Actually, I haven't stated anything that you haven't said -- you are making up things that I NEVER said!

:rofl:  Lets see what subject does with two cups of coffee.

This is almost as good as the "AI and Chris Webber" building the homeless shelter and taking a pay cut thread.  :cheers:

Which BTW dabods, why did you have to throw a rock in that fishin pond?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 12:21:22 PM by Reality »