Author Topic: Off Topic, Terrel Owens is an idiot  (Read 2734 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Off Topic, Terrel Owens is an idiot
« on: August 16, 2005, 12:51:59 PM »
And he is just a microcosim of what is wrong with professional sports, 'nuff said!
Dan

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 01:05:32 PM »
http://www.foryouto.com
 :rofl:  :rolleyes:

If he keeps this up I hope they do what Gruden and Tampa Bay did with Meyshaun.

jn

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 01:26:29 PM »
:cheers:  Excellent.

dabods, not to say I told you so but.......

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 01:32:29 PM »
Doesn't T.O. act like the pretty girl at school who you want to nail, but acts like such a prima donna all the time, you just get tired of dealing with it no matter what she looks like.

T.O. pouts and cries like a girl, so this is a pretty accurate description of him.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 01:33:40 PM »
...and dbodner, very good little commentary there. Certainly tells it just like it is.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

rickortreat

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 01:44:50 PM »
Of course he's an idiot, crying that he can't feed his familly when he was paid 9 mil last year!

But you should realize this is what you get with TO, entertainment nearly all year round.  It's like an ongoing soap box show, "As the Eagles Fly"  It's a laugh riot watching a gown man cry like a child over a situation he created himself.

JoMal, did you follow the 49ers and their TO saga?  I was e-mailing one of the Philly sportswriters and he said he basically forced a trade form there with all of his nonsense, and even deliberately blew plays on the field, not blocking, etc.  Not to mention calling Garcia a queer!

This is the only way TO will get out of his contract, by not performing on the field, or deliberatly hurting the team.  

I'm not sure what the options are, but I think the Eagles could take back a good portion of the signing bonues for last year, not pay him, and still own his rights.  Anyone here know the straight dope on that?  

rickortreat

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 02:02:30 PM »
A little more information:

The Eagles sent TO a letter, basically detailing his misdeeds during training camp.  Essentailly they are building a case if it would become necessary for the team to file a grievance against him. The only reason we know about the letter is that TO released it to ESPN.

Apparently they belive he has violated the terms of their contract with him, and could do all kinds of things to punish TO monitarilly.

Of course, the Eagles don't want to do this.  They really do want TO on the field playing hard for them.  They have all the leverage in this situation, and TO will basically have to suck it up and play if he wants to make money this year.

The Eagles can already take back some of the signing bonus for TO's decision to blow off the mini camp earlier this year. I wonder if his buddy Drew will give him some cash out of his pocket if the Eagles decide to take the money back.  :ding:  

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 02:10:30 PM »
I am a huge Niner fan (poor JoMal followed the dark side and roots for the Raiders) and you are basically correct Rick, he forced a trade and cried like the woman he is when he was originally shipped off to Baltimore (OK, he had a point there) and when his agent messed up the paperwork which would have absolutely forced him to stay in Baltimore (OK, that is truly cruel and unusual punishment), Tagliafool caved and waived the deadline, sticking poor Philly with this cancer and the soap opera he is that we Niner fans were glad to go 2-14 last year to be done with.
Dan

rickortreat

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2005, 02:26:48 PM »
So far, TO has been a complete success for the Eagles.  He put them over the top, and got them to the Super Bowl.  He even showed a lot of commitment by working hard to come back from his broken ankle just to play in the Supe.

I think the Eagles have TO over a barrel.  They have him signed to a contract, and will not renegotiate.  If he refuses to play, the Eagles can hurt him financially and also hurt his career.  It really doesn't matter to me what happens.  The Eagles winning or loosing makes no difference to me, and either way, he has been the most entertaining player the team has ever had.

If somehow he does manage to leave, he still did great by us while he played.  

jn

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2005, 02:35:17 PM »
Dan,

I recall a game at the Metrodome a couple years when T.O. put on one of the ugliest displays of quitting and pouting I have ever seen in the NFL.  T.O. let himself get completley destroyed in one on one coverage by Vikes corner Brian Williams, who on a good day is a mediocrity.  He sulked on the sideline and was showing up Erickson and Garcia.  Even Randy "I play when I want to play" Moss never came close to such a shameful display of quitting. (Okay he equalled or surpassed T.O in other areas of childishness but I've never seen Moss alligator arm EVERY pass thrown at him or give up on catchable long passes.)  What was particularly bad was that it was only week 2 or 3.  You just knew Frisco was DOOMED for that season.  Since that day I have had known just how bad T.O. is.  

In fact I think it was after that he publicly bitched about Garcia and the line.  As you undoubtedly recall, that was the year that the Niners O line was made up of 2nd stringer playing injured.  Showed me what kind of appreciation he has for teammates.  Those dudes were playing through pain and he publicly disses them.  

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2005, 02:47:19 PM »
I think he and Moss are brothers, both cancerous whiny little pukes who think the world owes them a living, his attitude toward Garcia was a harbinger of things to come, Garcia was not the problem, he was behind, as you noted, an incredibly patched together offensive line and threw under pressure almost everytime he attempted a pass, and in fact wound up on his behind after about 50% of his throws. Garcia wasn't perfect, but what is the excuse in Philly? He has a great quarterback who can make him shine if he would play within the system, and now he's whining and insulting him as well?

Rick, I take it from your last post you are not a big Eagles fan, that is all well and good, but the fact that Owens "did good by us while he was here" looms large on my whole point of what is wrong with professional sports, the "Oh well, we'll put up with their garbage if they do well by us this year" attitude that the fans display that gives the puke players like Owens Carte' Blanche' to behave any way they want. The same thing when Palmiero came back from his suspension, fans cheering the cheater because hey, he does well by us!
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2005, 02:52:10 PM »
JoMal, did you follow the 49ers and their TO saga?  I was e-mailing one of the Philly sportswriters and he said he basically forced a trade form there with all of his nonsense, and even deliberately blew plays on the field, not blocking, etc.  Not to mention calling Garcia a queer!

Rick, as you and all your fellow Eagle fans are finding out, it is kind of hard to miss it, isn't it? He was becoming a huge side attraction in SF, and while he made up for his sideshow with terrific field play, you had to wonder if a screw had been knocked lose up there at some point. He was not like that until he had a successful season behind him. He was respectful and honored to play next to Jerry Rice, but then he got really good and with it came that attitude.  

I am at the point where I will not only refuse to watch any NFL game this season involving the Eagles, but none with any other teams in the same division on the likely chance the talking heads will be devoting 99% of their commentary on this ridiculous idiot.

One guy can NOT dominate all aspects of their sport on how disrepected he feels he has been treated while pulling in 12 million dollars a year.

All of this came about, BTW, when Owens fired his last agent and hired that new guy. Guess what? His new 'boyfrin' doesn't get paid unless he negotiates a new deal that he can get his 10% cut from, can he?    

rickortreat

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2005, 03:04:19 PM »
Believe me, nothing would please me more than to see guys like Owens get their comeupance, well, nothing except seeing the Bush administratration thrown out of office and prosecuted for treason!

Like you, I am sick of these players and their attitudes, it's a slap in the face to their fans that they get away with this kind of behavior, knowing full well that any normal human being who acted that way would be fired and have no recourse.

As it is, at least Drew Rosenhaus is being made to look like a fool, he's been long overdue, IMO!

Somehow I think Owens will play at an all-star level for the Birds this year, and rather than hearing about he's being underpaid, we'll hear how great he is and how the team is a lock to get back to the Superbowl.  

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2005, 04:20:11 PM »
Eagles can actually cut TO with virtually no cap hit.  In fact, if they cut him right now, the cap hit (which would cover the rest of the signing bonus and result in no cap hits in future years) would be less than the cap hit if we paid him this year.

So you can say I told you so, but we still got to the bowl, and can sever ties with him at no cost.  Most likely they'll find a way to fine him and keep him on the bench all year and rot.