Author Topic: Spurs repeat chances  (Read 1736 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs repeat chances
« on: June 24, 2005, 02:27:24 PM »
Spurs
Everyone back.  Bob Horry for #7 and "a few" more high profile moments? B)
Pop is a great GM, D coach.  Still an offensive inept.  Midway thru the 3rd (well 28:33 played to be precise, the Spurs had 39 points.  39.)  42 pts in last 20, most of them in a 10 minute stretch.  I think Manu just takes over.  Dunker also hit some huge bankers.  I think Brent Barry has O potential up the ying yang compared to what he did in 05.  Midrange pull up jumper.  He's also long.  He and T Prince should get worked into their Os much more.

Det.  Larry Brown able/willing to stay?  Imagine if Phil Jackson would have waited and taken the Pistons job. :rofl:   Somebody is gonna get a good nucleous.  Flip?
Darko ready for some minutes?

Indy:  Artest back and JOneal healthy?

Miami:  What is the exact injury to Shaq?  Will they get another discount free agent looking for a title and some spotlight?

Philly:  Mo Cheeks, Ig with more experience.

Chi:  Just got great news on Curry.  Skiles still on board.

Cle: Boozer, Silas exodus, i dunno.

Jersey:  Kidds knee gonna hold up?

WA: Jamisons knee.

Phx:  Add another tall presence.  Not sure Thomas is the answer but he'll help.

Hou?  No where with Van Gundy.

Dal: May get major cap space from releasing Finley.  Stay tuned.

Sea:  Mnnn i dunno.  McMillian seems halfway out.

MN  McHale pull a rabbit out of his hat in FAgency.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 02:29:20 PM by Reality »

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Spurs repeat chances
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 12:01:06 AM »
In this watered down NBA, the Spurs have a fantastic chance to repeat. Only team that will challenge them out of the West will be Pheonix if they decide to play some D.  
Paul

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs repeat chances
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 07:27:23 PM »
In this watered down NBA, the Spurs have a fantastic chance to repeat. Only team that will challenge them out of the West will be Pheonix if they decide to play some D.
If Houston ever got their act together they could challenge them.  Right now though Id say thet have a great chance to repeat as Manu seems to be getting better each year, Duncan still will get it done in the middle, the whole team is comming back,  and they are adding a new PG (who Spurs fans say is promising)

Miami has a shot but lets see if Shaq does indeed get surgery on his thigh.  That will make a huge difference.

PHX :rolleyes:

Detroit?  Still a good club and the best in the East.  Good chance of beating the Spurs.  It wasnt exactly a blowout.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 07:31:05 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs repeat chances
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 12:46:17 AM »
If Houston ever got their act together they could challenge them.  Right now though Id say thet have a great chance to repeat as Manu seems to be getting better each year, Duncan still will get it done in the middle, the whole team is comming back,  and they are adding a new PG (who Spurs fans say is promising)

Miami has a shot but lets see if Shaq does indeed get surgery on his thigh.  That will make a huge difference.

PHX :rolleyes:

Detroit?  Still a good club and the best in the East.  Good chance of beating the Spurs.  It wasnt exactly a blowout.
we have a great chance at a FEW more titles IMO.  We are getting a new PF wk - Scola, hopefully.  lots of talk already about how might be back etc, one area I hope pop ignores is the back up PG situation.  the paper said they would be surprised if Udrih was NOT traded this summer because of his horrible play in the finals - big mistake if we trade this kid, he needs time to learn and grow and he can be as good as TP has been for us IMO.  If we trade him we will right back to finding ANOTHER Anthony Carter (wasnt that his name?) to replace a speedy claxton type of situation.  Spurs need to keep Udrih.  Don't trade him Pop.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Argentina

Spurs repeat chances
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 10:53:10 AM »
We are getting a new PF wk - Scola, hopefully.  lots of talk already about how might be back etc, [/quote]
 At this point, what is Scola becoming a Spur supposed to hinge on?

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs repeat chances
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 12:58:48 AM »
Quote from: SPURSX3,Jun 26 2005, 12:46 AM
We are getting a new PF wk - Scola, hopefully.  lots of talk already about how might be back etc,
At this point, what is Scola becoming a Spur supposed to hinge on? [/quote]
 buying out his current contract is the problem, which is what kept him from being on our team last year.  we should get it done this year I think.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs repeat chances
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 12:38:14 PM »
spursfan101[/B],Jun 25 2005, 12:01 AM] In this watered down NBA, the Spurs have a fantastic chance to repeat. Only team that will challenge them out of the West will be Pheonix if they decide to play some D.

SPURSX3,[/B]Jun 26 2005, 05:46 AM]we have a great chance at a FEW more titles IMO.  We are getting a new PF wk - Scola, hopefully.

With Dunker and GNob both playing in the Olympics then Finals, for that matter Parker also to a lesser extent, I hope Pop gives them less reg season cumulative minutes.  By either
a. shortening their game minutes often, esp back to backers
b. give them occasional but regular nights off.
   Or both.

Screw the NBA marketing mentality that stars have to play every game.  They don't.  Who cares if the Spurs enter the 2006 playoffs with the best record?  1/2 the time the Champs are not the best record team, including this year.

I say use the whole roster in the reg season.

In the Celtics injury years 1987-92, an in denial Bird would say since the game was only 2-3 hours and they could sleep the rest of the time (if desired) that it shouldn't matter.  He is wrong.  Minor as well as major injuries take time to heal from.  You can't pound on them 24 hours later.  Sometimes its not age but mileage, ie Kobe Bryant.

So Pop whats better, limit Manu and Duncan in reg season, or follow the stoopid macho marketing NBA policy and have them go out for 30-40 games due to a major injury?  

So the starters and 6th and 7th man are better then the 8-12 bench players.  Fair enough.  But a rested bench player is better then a winded/injured starter.
I think the 7-12 bench players are much better then most NBA teams give them credit for.[/b]
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 01:09:37 PM by Reality »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs repeat chances
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 12:38:48 PM »
d'Oh.  Posted twice.  Computer has a virus.  Visiting Dr today.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 12:40:04 PM by Reality »