Author Topic: Congratulations 101, X3, Lurker  (Read 2535 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Congratulations 101, X3, Lurker
« on: June 23, 2005, 11:06:58 PM »
Duncan answered some critics tonight, myself included, the Spurs defense turned it on midway throught the 3rd and I felt they had it under control from that moment forward, Ginobili was nails tonight.

Once again, congratulations 101, X3, Lurker, nice to have the title back in the WC where it belongs.
Dan

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 10:55:12 AM »
Thanks Dan, good to see some familiar faces come back to the board as of late.
Paul

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 11:06:32 AM »
Thanks man...glad my nerves can rest now.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jn

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 11:09:13 AM »
Let me add my congrats to Dan's.   :cheers:  :cheers:  No you boys run along and set some police cars on fire! :ding:  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 11:55:52 AM »
....and have a Molotov Cocktail on me.

Finally, a championship series worthy of the name. Congratulations to all you Spurs fans for your team's great victory, though I suppose giving the MVP to Duncan, after all the complaints about his game, must be hard for you to accept

:rolleyes:  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 12:00:06 PM »
....and have a Molotov Cocktail on me.

Finally, a championship series worthy of the name. Congratulations to all you Spurs fans for your team's great victory, though I suppose giving the MVP to Duncan, after all the complaints about his game, must be hard for you to accept

:rolleyes:
"I'm not listenning...LALALALALALALALALA...I'm not listenning...LALALALALALALALA..." :cheers:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 07:39:43 AM »
A quick congrats to all the Spurs fans out there.

One heck of a series.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 08:44:41 AM »
Lurker, SF101, and Spurs3X, congrats on your championship.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 10:31:14 AM »
Some of you might remember Bear (Ted Elkins) from the old msnbc board. I know Joe and Lurker know him.

His brother wrote this little commentary about the Spurs and their fans and how they celebrate championships. (and yes, you could say this is in contrast to Los Angeles):

SAN ANTONIO
By Tom Elkins

GO SPURS!

By now most of you have heard that the San Antonio Spurs are the NBA champions, after a hard fought 4-3 series win over the Detreoit Pistons. For that the team should be congratulated.

But there's more to the story. It is unfortunate fact of modern-day life that most fans in most places celebrate their home teams' victories by rioting- breaking things, looting, the like. You know the scene.

San Antonio is different. Oh, there's the usual amount of exuberance. Shouting fans clogged the downtown area and traffic came to a standstill. But the people of San Antonio do not destroy the city, unlike their counterparts in other places. This isn't a one time thing, it has happened three times since 1999.

Team members of the Spurs are equally a rarity in today's sports world. Most are involved citizens of San Antonio, contributing not just money but personal involvement in affairs of their adopted hometown. From a personal standpoint, they are the cleanest team in the league; no wife-beating, drunk driving, drug abuse or the myriad other offenses which seem to plague professional sports.

Perhaps the fans of San Antonio take their cue from the team itself. Or vice versa. Whichever, it is somehow fitting that the cleanest team with the mos responsible fans should be the champs. It rarely works out that way, so it is satisfying when it does.

SO....GO SPURS!!! AND GO SAN ANTONIO!!!

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 01:11:07 PM »
Some of you might remember Bear (Ted Elkins) from the old msnbc board. I know Joe and Lurker know him.

His brother wrote this little commentary about the Spurs and their fans and how they celebrate championships. (and yes, you could say this is in contrast to Los Angeles):

I think you mean in contrast to Detroit.  They were the first NBA Champ to have the city actually riot after the win.  That was followed by Chicago, don't remember what happened in Houston.  This was not just the crowd gathered at the arena that trashed the local scene including cop cars, there were full blown burning buildings and deaths riot.

I know it sucks to be a Sactown fan and you'd love nothing better than to trash LA but it wasn't even close to what happened in Detroit and Chicago.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2005, 03:59:16 PM »
Yes, WOW, I knew all that.

But then, trashing LA was kinda my point after all.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2005, 03:00:41 PM »
Thanks everyone.  Now we just need to wina couple more so we can discuss dynasties and where they rank.   :up:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

guest-koast

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2005, 04:23:27 PM »
Thanks everyone.  Now we just need to wina couple more so we can discuss dynasties and where they rank.   :up:
If any team has a chance to join the ranks of the dynasties  its this squad you guys have right now. :cheers: