Author Topic: Arnold, Gray Davis, and Gays  (Read 6507 times)

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Arnold, Gray Davis, and Gays
« on: March 02, 2004, 10:07:53 AM »
Arnold, Davis Party Together
The governator and the former gov appeared on the Tonight Show together to promote two ballot propositions:

Schwarzenegger told Leno on Monday night that he and former Gov. Gray Davis are now good friends. The former movie star said he's even been advising Davis about a possible acting career.

"He's helped me a lot with acting, particularly with my pronunciation," said Davis, going on to mimic one of the Austrian-accented Schwarzenegger's signature movie lines, "I'll be back."

"You have to do it with the Terminator glasses," Schwarzenegger quipped, referring to the dark sunglasses he donned for his "Terminator" films.

The Republican Schwarzenegger and Democrat Davis hatched the idea of a joint appearance to promote Propositions 57 and 58 over a recent dinner, according to aides for both men ... Asked to evaluate Schwarzenegger's performance as governor, Davis replied, "I think Arnold is off to a good start."

Then he added, "He's certainly doing a better job than he did in `Hercules in New York.'"

Arnold also made these comments on gay marriage on the Leno show:
But his comments Monday also mirrored another Schwarzenegger mantra: Let the people decide. The governor said he opposes San Francisco issuing marriage licenses to gay and lesbian couples because "we have a law on the books here ... I think they should abide by the law."

Leno then asked Schwarzenegger if he would mind if the courts ruled gay marriage legal, and the governor said: "No, I don't have a problem."

"Let the court decide," Schwarzenegger added. "Let the people decide. The people have voted just in the last election on Proposition 22. They voted very clearly that marriage is only between a man and woman. That's the law, so we have to abide by the law."
 :)

Paul

jn

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 10:46:30 AM »
I also saw some earlier quotes from Arnie basically begging Bush to bail out California.   He talked about how Bush could win California if he'd just do something for Cali. (wink, wink).

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 10:57:59 AM »
....Arnold then went on to grab jay by the scruff of his neck, toss him in the air while at the same time with his other hand through this insanely large survival knife towards Jay, pinning Leno to the set background.  Arnold then turned to pan the audience and then back towards Leno and said...."SHTICK AROOOOOOOWND!"

the crow went nuts!!!
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 10:58:33 AM »
Will Arnie get Bush to give back some of that Enron etc energy money?

Oh, well just asking.  ;)

A recall effort has been started.  It's real, and it's initiated by the same guy who got the recall Davis project started.  This time he wants the atty general out, last name Lockyear or similiar,  they guy who refuses to do anything to the SF mayor.  

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 11:01:44 AM »
I PRAY your kidding about that recall.  Frankly, I think we have much bigger concerns right now in California and throughout the US than GAY MARRIAGE.  Why don't the politicians worry about the real issues, like high unemployment, the deficit, the occupation of foriegn countries, the environment, etc...

Instead of gay marriage, why don't they focus their efforts on teen pregnancies and STD education!  
Paul

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2004, 11:07:34 AM »
Instead of gay marriage, why don't they focus their efforts on teen pregnancies and STD education!
yes more hetero sex and teen pregnancies would show the world that we ARE against gay marriages, great idea 101!!   :blink:

just kidding
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2004, 11:13:26 AM »
be honest, how many of us were actually virgins when we got married? That's what I thought.  I think our government should focus their attention on real social issues, and not live in this dream world where ONLY teaching abstinence is the only way.  

Worse comes to worse, scare the hell outta the kids, show them actual photos of what some of these STD's look like. Think that would scare kids straight.  Frankly, I think this whole gay marriage constitutional amendment is just a smokescreen to pull the countries attention away from all the problems that were having.
Paul

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2004, 11:17:29 AM »
You know what I think our goverment needs to focus in on......

CHURCH AND STATE BEING SEPERATE.  This is obviously a religious issue among the christians who are in the gov.....it sickens me to see them blend church and state into one.  Especially Bush.  The Christian religion has no place in our goverment.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2004, 11:26:13 AM »
be honest, how many of us were actually virgins when we got married? That's what I thought.  I think our government should focus their attention on real social issues, and not live in this dream world where ONLY teaching abstinence is the only way.  

Worse comes to worse, scare the hell outta the kids, show them actual photos of what some of these STD's look like. Think that would scare kids straight.  Frankly, I think this whole gay marriage constitutional amendment is just a smokescreen to pull the countries attention away from all the problems that were having.
didnt Chappell say, "I think kids should watch thier school principle having sex with the oldest teacher in school, and cover thier bodies in mayo to accentuate the sounds..........damn thats nasty."

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2004, 11:28:41 AM »
Westcoast, I agree 100%.  Why do I feel like people who have that belief are in the minority?  :huh:  Oh well.
Paul

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2004, 11:34:11 AM »
Westcoast, I agree 100%.  Why do I feel like people who have that belief are in the minority?  :huh:  Oh well.
I tend to think letting the country go to hell in a basket are in the minority.....you two will burn in hell for such comments!!  burn in HELL I SAY!!!

oh wait...sorry, had a passion flash back....... <_<  

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2004, 11:40:31 AM »
Not everybody has the strong belief in Christ like you do, people worship other Gods as well. If this was the United States of Jesus Christ believers, then I would say you had a point.  But as long as our country was founded on religous freedom for all, I would say the bible thumpers need to take a step back out of our government, and worship with their fellowships where they belong.  

(No offense, I think its wonderful to have deep religous conviction, that type of conviction though dosen't justify people in our govt to pass legislation so all people would have to live under a moral code of somebody elses belief.)
Paul

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2004, 12:01:51 PM »
Thats my point also.  Not everyone  is christian in this country.  How can you claim to be a free country yet you have christian leaders trying to push what they believe is right and wrong on people who are not even christian?  Obviously what Bush and Arnold believe is right may not be right to me.....I mean I am totally against doing coke in college.

If a gay male or female wants to get married to take their relationship with their partner to another level they should.  Marriage is about love and since it is possible for homosexuals to love each other I see no problem. Again marriage is about love.....not what the christians believe is right.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2004, 12:02:10 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2004, 12:50:33 PM »
I think you're mistaken in calling this a Christian issue. Maybe in the small minds of some politicians and citizens it is. However, if you've spent any time studying world religion, you'd know better. Buddhism, Shinto, Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, and Confucianism basically ever other major world religion or social code ALL view marriage as the union of man and woman. Don't hate on Christianity just because they're one voice against gay marriage in the U.S. This issue has much more to do with human society in general. The foundation of human civilization since mankind started recording history has been the traditional family. Personally, I think we need to give it some serious consideration before weakening that foundation. If we all put our heads together and decide that tolerance of gay marriage is the way to go, then that's fine. But if society decides against it, don't blame Christians. My God is not the only one against this.

Any idea what Muslims do to homosexuals?
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Guest_Randy

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2004, 12:58:58 PM »
Thats my point also.  Not everyone  is christian in this country.  How can you claim to be a free country yet you have christian leaders trying to push what they believe is right and wrong on people who are not even christian?  Obviously what Bush and Arnold believe is right may not be right to me.....I mean I am totally against doing coke in college.

If a gay male or female wants to get married to take their relationship with their partner to another level they should.  Marriage is about love and since it is possible for homosexuals to love each other I see no problem. Again marriage is about love.....not what the christians believe is right.
What is marriage?  Look it up in the dictionary and find out.  

What I continue to find interesting about this is that we continue to hear how "Christians" (umm, excuse me but it's a MUCH bigger issue than Christianity -- including Jews, etc. who don't believe that this should be legal) are intolerant because we don't believe that people who are homosexual should be able to "marry" (esp. since the very definition of marriage is a man and a woman and comes directly from the Bible).  But what you are saying is that we have to be tolerant of their rights (still struggling about when a sexual preference becomes a right here) while forgetting that by making that declaration they are being intolerant of the very freedom given to us as well.  

As for morality, the framework of the government IS set up to govern morality -- always has been.  Stealing, lying (i.e. perjury), polygamy (sorry Ted), etc. are all about morality.  Thomas Jefferson, who wasn't a Christian by-the-way, although he was a deist, made it very clear that every government must have a moral framework on which to stand.  When morality gets totally thrown out the window -- so does the ability to co-exist.  

The constitution gives me the right to vote my convictions -- government for the people and by the people.  Let's let the people decide.