Author Topic: Game 4 Finals Pick  (Read 2760 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Game 4 Finals Pick
« on: June 13, 2005, 01:54:30 PM »
Thursday, June 16
Game 4
San Antonio at Detroit

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Game 4 Finals Pick
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 02:19:12 PM »
SAS

yes I know it is a very long shot but I am saying sweep if possible.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Game 4 Finals Pick
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 11:57:15 PM »
This series will go at least 5 games. I'll give game 2 in D-town to Detroit.
Paul

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Game 4 Finals Pick
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 09:47:52 AM »
SAS

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Game 4 Finals Pick
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 09:57:05 AM »
SAS

I think it's gonna get ugly.
Gnob says his knee/thigh is alright, but is it?  So did Shaq.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Game 4 Finals Pick
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 10:16:17 AM »
gnob shook it off last night, it hurt of course, but he has earned the nickname "el contusion" from Brent Barry for all the damage he has taken this year.  I just CAN'T buy into all that ESPN/ABC Bill Walton garbage.  The Pistons played better for sure, but to say thier defense is the reason they won I don't think so, the Spurs did NOT crash the boards, and if Nazr went up he did a piss poor job of roping in the rebound - TWO HANDS, ELBOWS OUT!! - Tony was the only Spurs left to drive, which he tried to up until it became apperant they were not spacing well enough to.  Despite the hard pops they took, the Spurs have taken worse during the playoffs this year, so I dont se this as anything major.  usually when ONE of the big three go out, the other two step up, last night we had two of the big three go out - i don't see that happenning four times to allow the pistons to win this series.  I think the one who will adjust the best is Tim, he will look at the tape and figure out what he needs to do to help us win, boards, draw the double and pass (another thing I did not see too much last night), or just figure out how to get the wallaces in early foul trouble.  Manu will rebound as well.  I see it as it sucks not to be able to sweep them, but I dont see them beating us in a seven game series - we will get atleast ONE in detroit.  gotta stay positive about that.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Game 4 Finals Pick
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 10:39:59 AM »
Very true.  If the Spurs get even 1 in Detroit, no way do i see Det getting Gm 6 & 7 in SA.

Okay Gnob is allright?  Because he is the X factor when the Spurs offense vegs like it did last night.  Barry is wayy overdue to go off also.  Not counting on him but it would be nice.

All the *blocks* on Duncan are bullstink.  Very few replays from ABC.  I'm sure that won't happen again.  My concern is since scoring 56 at halftime of game 2, Spurs have since laid up a bunch of stinker quarters, including 14,15,18.  That crap has gotta stop.  I think they have surpassed 25pts like 1 of 6 qtrs since then.

Beno either get the damn ball in or dribble around like Parker.  Stopping, holding the ball and telegraphing your entry passes from here to Slovenia is getting old.  Nazr -enough said, we concur.  I honestly thought Rasho was much better last night.  But in a bump n grind game the refs will flame Rasho so....Tony Mass?  One way or another Buckwheat Wallace has gotta go down and get boxed out.

Is D Brown still injured?  Because Billips was abusing the smaller Parker.  Tony was getting him good on O but Billips got the best of it overall.  

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Game 4 Finals Pick
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 10:51:00 AM »
Very true.  If the Spurs get even 1 in Detroit, no way do i see Det getting Gm 6 & 7 in SA.

Okay Gnob is allright?  Because he is the X factor when the Spurs offense vegs like it did last night.  Barry is wayy overdue to go off also.  Not counting on him but it would be nice.

All the *blocks* on Duncan are bullstink.  Very few replays from ABC.  I'm sure that won't happen again.  My concern is since scoring 56 at halftime of game 2, Spurs have since laid up a bunch of stinker quarters, including 14,15,18.  That crap has gotta stop.  I think they have surpassed 25pts like 1 of 6 qtrs since then.

Beno either get the damn ball in or dribble around like Parker.  Stopping, holding the ball and telegraphing your entry passes from here to Slovenia is getting old.  Nazr -enough said, we concur.  I honestly thought Rasho was much better last night.  But in a bump n grind game the refs will flame Rasho so....Tony Mass?  One way or another Buckwheat Wallace has gotta go down and get boxed out.

Is D Brown still injured?  Because Billips was abusing the smaller Parker.  Tony was getting him good on O but Billips got the best of it overall.
d brown still has some back problems, but he was out there during trash time last night.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Game 4 Finals Pick
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 03:16:11 PM »

d brown still has some back problems, but he was out there during trash time last night.
Is all that he is good for is a few minutes of trash?  Cause i think it would help change things up if while Parker or GNob rested the Spurs could slam DBrown on Billips or Prince for spells.

But if Browns back is too wasted....

I'm not giving up on Beno.  I've never seen him look so rattled.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Game 4 Finals Pick
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 03:52:06 PM »

Is all that he is good for is a few minutes of trash?  Cause i think it would help change things up if while Parker or GNob rested the Spurs could slam DBrown on Billips or Prince for spells.

you cant really over do it with his injury, some discs in his back are what hurt him.  he coldnt walk straight up for a while and you can't rush it on that kind of thing, Pop won't put his career at risk over the finals, he will play if he is able to, but you can clearly see how physical the game is.  Throwing him out there like that might be a very bad decision.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Game 4 Finals Pick
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 03:54:16 PM »

yeah beno just had a bad night - he and barry, as far as controlling the ball that is.  overall the hwole team stunk.  Honestly do you see that happenning 3 more times in a row?  or enough times in this series to lose it?  I just dont.  I know I am biased because this is my home team, but I just don't see them playing as badly as they did last night.  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Game 4 Finals Pick
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 04:11:15 PM »
Quote from: SPURSX3,Jun 15 2005, 08:54 PM
[But if Browns back is too wasted....

yeah beno just had a bad night - he and barry, as far as controlling the ball that is.  overall the hwole team stunk.  Honestly do you see that happenning 3 more times in a row?  or enough times in this series to lose it?  I just dont.  I know I am biased because this is my home team, but I just don't see them playing as badly as they did last night. [/QUOTE]
Truth be told i picked Det last night.

While I do see Det continuing to play much better then they did in Gm 1 & 2, completely agree with you, no way can the Spurs suck as bad as they did in GM 3 3 more times.  Turnovers killed us!  I do think there will be one close game, and we must take that one.  It won't surprise me if they win another game, we blow them out again, leaving the close one as the either the decider or the extender.  The close one will be either Gm 4 or 5.

Yes, its like almost the whole team sucked on the same night.  Even so, we were at 73-69 before Billips got that breakaway 3 pter followed by that greasy throw up left handed layup.  Seriously props to Billips for tossing it off the glass.  For all i know he practices that, altho it looked like a toss to me. :D

Manus health is a huge concern to me.  Offensively i need Pop to push for 100.   It works, stop screwing around with gruntball.  Granted Detroits D was tough last night but the Spurs 79 pts is a farce.  Twin towers seems to work well against them so I look for Nazr to bounce back.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 04:19:17 PM by Reality »

rickortreat

Game 4 Finals Pick
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2005, 07:10:04 PM »
Detroit

Nothing to worry about for the series, but it will give fans in Detroit something to get excited about.

May also take that long for Pop to figure out how to defeat what the Pistons are doing defensively.

No way should Spurs settle for less than 100 in a game, but this depends on Genobli and Parker both being effective along with TD.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Game 4 Finals Pick
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005, 09:38:04 AM »
sas to all but seal the deal
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Game 4 Finals Pick
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005, 10:14:37 AM »
sas to all but seal the deal
I gotta believe SA will regrop and play hard tonight.  Duncan usually doesnt like having back t back bad games, neither does Manu.  I am staying with SA tonight.