Author Topic: How to foul  (Read 843 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
How to foul
« on: May 01, 2005, 02:19:07 PM »
Bruce Bowen stopping Melo Anthony last night.

Melo gets around him, going for the hoop.  Bowen graps Anthonys wrist/forearm and clamps on.  'Melo not only can't get the shot off, it spins him around.  Not enough to knock him off his feet or anything.  It does not injure 'Melo at all.  He glares at Bowen for a second, but Bowen keeps holding onto the writst/forearm of Melo well after the play, looks at 'Melo as if to say "I'm just making sure the shot didn't go in while at the same time making sure you didn't get hurt."

Don't know why we can't see more of this in the NBA.  So sick of seeing foul, hearing whistle, and then defensive player lets up on offensive player, slacks and allows not only shot attempt but also shot to go in.
2+1 vs two FTAs.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
How to foul
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 03:31:12 PM »
Easier said than done...it all depends on this situation.  Bowen was lucky enough to get his hand to a good spot.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_spursfan101

How to foul
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 07:37:10 PM »
With that being said, should Melo be punished for the flagrant foul on Manu?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
How to foul
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 07:59:37 PM »
With that being said, should Melo be punished for the flagrant foul on Manu?
Gotta see a slowed down replay.
Look at what Greg Buckner does.  That he hits on purpose is without question.  What i want to see is did he jam his elbow into Manus nose?

Guest_Randy

How to foul
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 08:12:12 PM »
I don't think Melo deserves more than a fine.  The ejection already cost the Nuggets and it wasn't that bad of a foul, IMO.