Author Topic: Hou over Dallas  (Read 997 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Hou over Dallas
« on: April 26, 2005, 12:03:08 AM »
Tracy McGrady stinks.  Selfish pig.  Tracy Mcgrady is a good shooter.  
If you saw the last two Hou possessions, you know what i mean.  He was both.

1:10 left in a tie game.  Hou possession.  Hou passes about 4 times, the last being McGrady driving down the lane, drawing the D with a fake pull up then dishing to Yaoser for the slam.  (By the way, another huge get bent for you Yao Haters.)

Dallas comes down, works it to Jason Terry for a so so shot attempt.  He misses, scramble for the rebound, Hou gets it.  What more could Hou ask for?  
49 ticks left, two point lead with possession.  Work the ball, get a good shot off.  Hit it and yee haw you've really solidified your game chances.  Miss, you get a rebound attempt.  Don't get the O rebound?  You're still up 2 and can win with a D stop or worst case scene give up a 2 pter, tied but have the ball back on O for the game winning attempt.

Balls in Hous court.  So whats Bad Kobme McGrady do?  Anyone tape/tivo?  Cause i think he dribbled it about 14-16 times himself.  Made zero zip nada nothing attempt to pass to a teamate.  After his 14-16 dribbles he forces up a very guarded off balance 22 foot jumper.  Trying to be Mr Meism Hero big time.  Big time.  

Dallas rebound.  Upcourt.  Dirk nails 14 foot fadeaway over McGrady.  Sweet fadeaway.  Tied 111-111.

Hou upcourt.  You've got to see this on replay.  Does Van Horns non defense rank amoung the all time weakest D efforts with the game on the line.  Im serious.  Check it out.  TMac comes off a Yaowser screen at the top of the arc on the side a little.  5-4-3....  Van Horn is backing up.  Backing up!!  Flat footed with arms down.  I kid you not, check it out.   By the time McGrady launches, VH is just getting off his feet.  Swish.  Game.

Actually Dallas gets a great inbound to Michael Finely who IMO has plenty of room to plant and launch a 3.  Instead he dribbles sideways and goes for an off balance 2.  Its as if he over-thought and assumed Hou would guard against the 3.  Which of course they should have.  But this is modern day NBA, Finley.  Expect zero fundamentals.  But very entertaining ending.  Check it out.

Guest_Randy

Hou over Dallas
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 07:47:20 AM »
I don't understand why ANYONE chose Dallas over Houston.  Dampier just isn't all that Dallas thought he was (big surprise, huh?) and the ONLY person that has even a PRAYER of guarding Yao is Bradley.  

However, Dallas BIGGER problem is at the PG position -- Jason Terry is just beating the Mavs ALL by himself.  He can't pass the ball and he is trying which results in turnovers.  Dirk is left alone to try and beat the Rockets all by themselves -- and that isn't going to work.  

I thought Dallas would win at least one game -- now I'm beginning to wonder.

rickortreat

Hou over Dallas
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 08:04:54 AM »
I picked Dallas based on their willingness to play defense, and their better record than the Rockets.

I was worried about T-Mac and Yao being more than Dallas could match.  

T-Mac is a monster, he's not selfish, he's the one who should be taking those shots, and setting up his teamates in critical situations.  That last second shot was a classic MJ-type ending.

Dallas had this game, and should have won it.  Their inability to win at least one on their own home court bodes poorly for them.  The one good thing is that Dirk had a bad night offensively, and chances are he'll be better than that.

Impressed with Houston at both ends, very hard work on defense, Yao dominant in the post, agressive play by Sura and the others.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Hou over Dallas
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 11:26:47 AM »
So because Yao gets an easy pass in the lane and slams it the people who have been critical of Ming this year can go get bent?  Didnt you just yesterday bash Nazr for doing the same thing? :lol:

I picked Houston based off defense and the fact that Tracy should have his way with Dallas.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Hou over Dallas
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 12:31:17 PM »
I was worried about T-Mac and Yao being more than Dallas could match. 

T-Mac is a monster, he's not selfish, he's the one who should be taking those shots, and setting up his teamates in critical situations.  That last second shot was a classic MJ-type ending.

Dallas had this game, and should have won it.  Their inability to win at least one on their own home court bodes poorly for them.  The one good thing is that Dirk had a bad night offensively, and chances are he'll be better than that.

Impressed with Houston at both ends, very hard work on defense, Yao dominant in the post, agressive play by Sura and the others.
Wasn't just Yao and TMac.  The "support staff" of James, Barry, and Sura came up huge, including 3bies.

Still Dallas could have pulled this one out.  Avery dropped the ball big time with appointing Van Horn on D for the final shot.  Did no one see this?

>T-Mac is a monster, he's not selfish, he's the one who should be taking those shots, and setting up his teamates in critical situations. That last second shot was a classic MJ-type ending.<

But what about the 2nd to last shot?  Score tied.  He made zero attempt to involve anyone and the 14-16 Kobme dribbles were from a half court inbounds, not bringing the ball upcourt.  Nor was he dribbling around, trying to create.  He was just standing and pumping then taking very slow steps.  Everyone in the building knew he was gonna stall then shoot.  It was lame.  All he did was let Dallas rest for 20 seconds and gave his own team no chance for anyone else scoring or having position for an O rebound.  

The previous play he did just the opposite.  A sweet drive n dish to Yao.  :up:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 12:45:05 PM by Reality »

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Hou over Dallas
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 02:20:33 PM »
Randy,

I must say I'm a little surprised myself I picked Dallas, I haven't seen but 1 or 2 Houston games all season so I think I overlooked them as a result of all the new faces I expected gell problems, it doesn't seem to an issue after all.

I think I will reassess and give this series to Houston in 5, maybe 6. It's all good, seeing that constipated look on Mark Cuban's mug is well worth being as dead wrong on this series as I a apparently am.
Dan

jn

Hou over Dallas
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 01:50:54 PM »
Dan it's totally easy to bet against Houston.  For YEARS there have been people yapping about all the talent Houston has and "this is the year."  Then most years they didn't even make the playoffs and last year the Lakers handled them easily in the first round.  Finally they are showing signs of life and more importantly, they have a coaching advantage.