Author Topic: Congrads Kings Fans  (Read 9269 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrads Kings Fans
« on: February 27, 2004, 11:03:57 AM »
As much as I was bitter about the no call when Christie clearly fouled Kobe it was a good game for the Kings.  Much props.  Peja was GREAT.  I do enjoy watching pure shooters like that....even if they are torching my team.  The Lakers were even getting hands in his face in the 2nd half and it made very little difference.  50 feet or 2 inches is the same to Peja.  As long as the ball gets over his head its going in.

You would think that the scouting report is out on Mike Bibby and Peja.  Don't go under screens on them.  Deny them the ball and watch for low bounce passes when they cut.  I know its easier said than done but jesus christ.......they only did it over and over and over and over again last night.

I dont want to talk about calls because I dont think the officials did a bad job last night.  I am just wondering what happend to players who are trying to be aggressive going to the rack having the refs actually watch when they goto the rim.  I still think the NBA should have two stationary refs at each end of the floor and let the other 3 run.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Congrads Kings Fans
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 11:12:33 AM »
Refs arent' supposed to determine the outcomes of games. Like when they just let them play.  
Paul

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrads Kings Fans
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 11:51:17 AM »
Refs arent' supposed to determine the outcomes of games. Like when they just let them play.
By making a no call on a foul across the right eye of Kobe they did decide the outcome of the game.  Most of the time I would agree that they shouldn't call a foul for minimal contact but the fact it was across his face does make a difference.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Congrads Kings Fans
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2004, 12:02:36 PM »
IF the call is waranted, then your absolutely right. I didn't say the game or the call.

DAMN YOU WEST COAST GAMES!   :angry:  And your 9:30pm tip times!  
Paul

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrads Kings Fans
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2004, 12:07:49 PM »
IF the call is waranted, then your absolutely right. I didn't say the game or the call.

DAMN YOU WEST COAST GAMES!   :angry:  And your 9:30pm tip times!
Your telling me.  Im mad at the time myself.  I ended up staying at a friends house to watch the whole game even tho I had to be up at 5:30 this morning.  WTF is up with 8 o clock tip times?  The game was done not to long before 11.  Doesnt the NBA know we have to work to pay for their outrageous ticket prices and gear?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Congrads Kings Fans
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2004, 12:11:18 PM »
By making a no call on a foul across the right eye of Kobe they did decide the outcome of the game.  Most of the time I would agree that they shouldn't call a foul for minimal contact but the fact it was across his face does make a difference.
I wouldn't care if Bibby or Chritie grabbed Kobe's sack and pulled him to the floor by it becuase Kobe should NOT have been taking that shot.

I hope someone slapped his dumbarse around in the locker room!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrads Kings Fans
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2004, 12:40:41 PM »
WOWser as I'm sure you may already be aware, on Extra 690/1150 this am they had voice clips of the Pampered One saying he would take the same shot in the same situation absolutely.

You be absolutely right about stop his whining about the call, it did not cost LA the game.  Rookie Luke Walton getting away with all kinds of crap on Pedja?  Smelly.

Say it together with us Spursies:

"Implosion!"   [/size]:D  :rolleyes:  :D  :lol:  :P  

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrads Kings Fans
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2004, 12:41:54 PM »
Congrats to the Kings.  Peja and Bibby killed us.  The Lakers inability and flat out unwillingness to play team defense is a problem of epic proportions.  It has become painfully obvious to me that short of some miracle 180 degree turn around on the defensive end, the Lakers don't have a prayer of winning the championship.  It pains me to say this, but it's reality.  Here's to hoping Malone can come back and whip these lazy crybaby's in to shape on the defensive end  :angry:    

jn

Congrads Kings Fans
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2004, 12:45:43 PM »
Man msc, that's harsh.  

I agree the Lakers need work but I would never go so far as to say they have no chance.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrads Kings Fans
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2004, 12:52:51 PM »
Reality are those calls that Walton got away with similar to the ones Bibby was getting away with?

I love Steve Kerr chiming in during a break saying 'What a great steal by Bibby' as TNT shows a replay of him clearly hitting only Payton's wrist to cause the ball to pop free.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Congrads Kings Fans
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2004, 01:05:57 PM »
Reality are those calls that Walton got away with similar to the ones Bibby was getting away with?

I love Steve Kerr chiming in during a break saying 'What a great steal by Bibby' as TNT shows a replay of him clearly hitting only Payton's wrist to cause the ball to pop free.
I also liked how Vlade was holding Shaq jersy to keep him from going to the rim for an alley oop but they only called a foul on him low-bridging Shaq AFTER Shaq missed the shot.  Had Shaq made the shot there would have been no call instead of an and-one.

Also on Shaq's last dunk Vlade clearly held Shaq's wrist but the Diesel just powered it through and NO CALL.

It must be nice to bring your own officaiting crew on road games.  ;)  :P  
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Congrads Kings Fans
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2004, 01:16:24 PM »
I understand your point WOW about Shaq not touching the ball the last 6 possessions (actually I think it was 5) and Kobe taking a shot he shouldn't have, but again that is all moot if Shaq hadn't missed 7 freethrows. He makes even 2 of them and this is purple and gold gloat time. Kobe outrebounded Shaq last night (kind of understandable given the perimeter game the Kings play) and I thought played a good game (although he lacked defensive intensity), he still makes stupid decisions but it was Shaq stinking it up at the line and the fact that this was the backend of a back to back with 2 teams that will run your legs off that had more to do with this loss than Kobe. Personally, I think they played pretty good given they looked tired, and nobody but Shaq and Kobe stepped up on the scoring end of it, Kobe had 6 assists and took too many shots but LA's lack of froncourt defense and the aforementioned factors figured into this loss. Pejs was unstoppable last night as was Bibby. Malone's presence in the frontcourt would have made a huge difference both in rebounding and altering Peja's shot just enough to make the difference.

All of that being said, Shaq sucks at the line and it cost them the game last night.
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Congrads Kings Fans
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2004, 01:32:39 PM »
I understand your point WOW about Shaq not touching the ball the last 6 possessions (actually I think it was 5) and Kobe taking a shot he shouldn't have, but again that is all moot if Shaq hadn't missed 7 freethrows. He makes even 2 of them and this is purple and gold gloat time. Kobe outrebounded Shaq last night (kind of understandable given the perimeter game the Kings play) and I thought played a good game (although he lacked defensive intensity), he still makes stupid decisions but it was Shaq stinking it up at the line and the fact that this was the backend of a back to back with 2 teams that will run your legs off that had more to do with this loss than Kobe. Personally, I think they played pretty good given they looked tired, and nobody but Shaq and Kobe stepped up on the scoring end of it, Kobe had 6 assists and took too many shots but LA's lack of froncourt defense and the aforementioned factors figured into this loss. Pejs was unstoppable last night as was Bibby. Malone's presence in the frontcourt would have made a huge difference both in rebounding and altering Peja's shot just enough to make the difference.

All of that being said, Shaq sucks at the line and it cost them the game last night.
What cost the Lakers the game was the useless bench and poor execution in the 4th quarter.  Not to mention the repeated mistake of going under the screen on the JUMPSHOOTING Kings.  With Peja it didn't really matter cause he was stroking it well with people in his face but with Bibby he was getting open jumpers because the Lakers were not following him on screens.

If you want to pin the loss on ONE guy then Kobe is your man.  Christie and Vlade both had 5 fouls and even a snot nosed rookie knows you play for OT when you're at HOME.

KOBE LOST THE GAME PURE AND SIMPLE.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrads Kings Fans
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2004, 01:37:29 PM »
Man msc, that's harsh.

I agree the Lakers need work but I would never go so far as to say they have no chance.

I said they had a chance, it would just take a miracle 180-degree turn on the defensive end  ;) .  Without going back and checking the stats, from my memory the Lakers ranked in the top 3 in the major defensive statiscal categories the three years they won the title.  Last year, and this year they are toward the middle to the bottom half of the league in the major D categories.  Teams that hover in the middle to the bottom of the pack defensively don't win championships.  

People can complain about Kobe's shot selection, or Shaq's free-throws, or Fish's shooting %, or Fox's hair, but all of that is moot in my mind.  That game never should have come down to a last second shot.  If the Lakers play any sort of D, they win by ten, easy.  

Maybe they can turn it around in the last 25 games, but it's getting late in the season to be hoping to re-learn how to play defense.  BTW, my comments are not solely directed at last nights game, this has been the case all season long and even going back to last season.  The previous nights game in Denver, I can't count high enough to tell you how many uncontested dunks and layups the Nuggs had ... the Nuggets!  I know they are vastly improved, but the Laker-Matador-Defense made them look like the Globetrotters waxing the Generals.  

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Congrads Kings Fans
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2004, 01:40:56 PM »
I guess we will have to agree to disagree WOW, a tired team in the second game of a back to back agaisnt 2 running teams and they lose by 2 as Shaq misses 7 from the stripe and this is all Kobe's fault? I just don't see it. If you want to add another factor in, I will agree on the screens, their rotation on defenses was always a step too slow and Bibby torched them as a consequence, but nevertheless...
Dan