Author Topic: ummm, we are playing at denver right?  (Read 2992 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
ummm, we are playing at denver right?
« on: April 01, 2005, 11:12:25 PM »
Looks like denver is having a good night tonight on d.  good showing.  can somebody tell me why we are wearing our home colors on the road???
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 11:13:13 PM »
...and is THAT denvers normal uniform????  a freaking pick axe???  it looks like a third grader designed thier uniforms!
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 10:07:47 AM »
sigh, well denver played a good game.  props to them.  hopefully SA will get thier heads straight and focus on the d next game...

Guest_Randy

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 04:20:03 PM »
Wow, that was a whuppin' that the Spurs got last night, wasn't it?  Did you see the game Camby had?  How many block shots did the guy have last night?  I think I counted six at least -- amazing!  Of course, he wouldn't have had that kind of a game if TD had been playing -- makes a HUGE difference when TD isn't on the court.  Manu and Parkers games become MUCH easier!  I think Pop is making a big mistake having Horry playing starters minutes -- Horry is GREAT coming off the bench at his age but if you play him too many minutes he won't have anything in his tank for the playoffs.  

I'm struggling a bit with the lack of minutes for Nazr Mohammed -- he seemed to have a good game last night -- 13 minutes, 10 points (4-7 shooting), 3 rebounds and 1 block.  Compare that with the "White Stiff" who netted 27 minutes and had FIVE rebounds -- what's up with that?  Manu led the Spurs in rebounding last night -- Pop CAN'T be happy with that!

The Nuggets went retro with their uniforms last night (even changed their logo at halfcourt) -- what a STUPID looking logo!  This retro thing makes me want to throw up -- all so that the NBA can sell more jerseys -- don't understand why they are so popular when the NBA is laughing all the way to the bank!

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 11:00:16 PM »
Wow, that was a whuppin' that the Spurs got last night, wasn't it?  Did you see the game Camby had?  How many block shots did the guy have last night?  I think I counted six at least -- amazing!  Of course, he wouldn't have had that kind of a game if TD had been playing -- makes a HUGE difference when TD isn't on the court.  Manu and Parkers games become MUCH easier!  I think Pop is making a big mistake having Horry playing starters minutes -- Horry is GREAT coming off the bench at his age but if you play him too many minutes he won't have anything in his tank for the playoffs.  

I'm struggling a bit with the lack of minutes for Nazr Mohammed -- he seemed to have a good game last night -- 13 minutes, 10 points (4-7 shooting), 3 rebounds and 1 block.  Compare that with the "White Stiff" who netted 27 minutes and had FIVE rebounds -- what's up with that?  Manu led the Spurs in rebounding last night -- Pop CAN'T be happy with that!

The Nuggets went retro with their uniforms last night (even changed their logo at halfcourt) -- what a STUPID looking logo!  This retro thing makes me want to throw up -- all so that the NBA can sell more jerseys -- don't understand why they are so popular when the NBA is laughing all the way to the bank!
yeah nazr should have played more minutes, like his play of late, atleast his determination that is.  much better for us than rasho's.  we'll see if rasho gets benched by pop soon.   Camby had a sweet game last night, looked like his new york days.  I still think we can beat denver without duncan, just need to come to play.  get thier heads straight, pop got after them and told them to stop worrying about tim not being there and just play, maybe he will get on them more about that tomorrow.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 11:22:27 PM »
2 minutes left in the game he had 3 baskets (2 layups and a dunk) as Denver couldn't care less and played about zero D on all 3 attempts.
NazrStiff has not been playing that well.  Except to you two.  Perhaps his groin injury is not healed.
Sean Marks is playing much better.  Didn't cost two #1s and Rose either.  

Rasho looked good tonight vs the Flakers.  Don't you agree Randy?  Especially that final give n go pass to Barry.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 10:44:06 AM by Reality »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 11:48:28 AM »
2 minutes left in the game he had 3 baskets (2 layups and a dunk) as Denver couldn't care less and played about zero D on all 3 attempts.
NazrStiff has not been playing that well.  Except to you two.  Perhaps his groin injury is not healed.
Sean Marks is playing much better.  Didn't cost two #1s and Rose either.  

Rasho looked good tonight vs the Flakers.  Don't you agree Randy?  Especially that final give n go pass to Barry.
lol, reality, save it for a few more yeasr THEN throw out the, "YOU SEE YOU WOULD HAVE WON IF YOU HAD ROSE!"   :rofl:  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 12:11:16 PM »
But in two years anything said will be drowned out by your and Randys cheering for Nazr.

Moron, it's not simply the loss of Rose, it's also the two 1st round draft pics they gave up in addition to Rose to get your beloved Mohammed.

Yeah what can you get with a couple 1st round draft pics?

Oh maybe, Gnob.  Oh wait, he was a 2nd rounder.

Have a cup.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 01:41:29 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2005, 02:40:32 PM »
But in two years anything said will be drowned out by your and Randys cheering for Nazr.

Moron, it's not simply the loss of Rose, it's also the two 1st round draft pics they gave up in addition to Rose to get your beloved Mohammed.

Oh maybe, Gnob.  Oh wait, he was a 2nd rounder.

Have a cup.
Reality's track record  of successfull seasons as GM/coach of pro basketball team: n/a

Pop's track record of successfull seasons as GM/coach of pro basketball team: entire career
« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 02:41:25 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2005, 11:01:07 PM »

Oh maybe, Gnob.  Oh wait, he was a 2nd rounder.

Have a cup.
reality should look in the mirror and look at the real moron.  you know, even when you blatant stupidity seeps through I stay polite with your dumb arse.  too bad you are to stupid to notice it....oh and yes, I am NOT being polite right now.  moron.

Guest_Randy

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2005, 08:53:15 AM »
Hmm, see SpursX3, this has ALWAYS been what's wrong with bandwagon fans -- they jump on the bandwagon and beat their chest (okay, light thumping so they don't hurt themselves) -- even to the point that they begin causing REAL fans to begin to become quite nauseous and those fans begin to wish these stupid fans would find a different wagon.  Reality is a prime example of bandwagon fans and unfortunately, he will probably be a Spurs fan until TD's retirement when he jumps onto a DIFFERENT bandwagon (thank goodness we can be assured that it will NEVER be the Lakers bandwagon!!!).

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2005, 09:18:41 AM »
Hmm, see SpursX3, this has ALWAYS been what's wrong with bandwagon fans -- they jump on the bandwagon and beat their chest (okay, light thumping so they don't hurt themselves) -- even to the point that they begin causing REAL fans to begin to become quite nauseous and those fans begin to wish these stupid fans would find a different wagon.  Reality is a prime example of bandwagon fans and unfortunately, he will probably be a Spurs fan until TD's retirement when he jumps onto a DIFFERENT bandwagon (thank goodness we can be assured that it will NEVER be the Lakers bandwagon!!!).
it's not even that randy, I can deal with a bandwagoner, i got used to him a ways back.  the thing that bothers me is he takes every post too personally, it's like a personal attack if you dont agree with him, but hey, whatever right.  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2005, 10:28:35 AM »
(thank goodness we can be assured that it will NEVER be the Lakers bandwagon!!!).
Randy,

Is it because I am not a birth-to-grave-One-team-only sect member that you will not repost that great voice info?  It's so not like you.  Are you really going to hold a grudge against me and hold back from posting?

http://www.phillyarena.net/forums/index.ph...c=1791&hl=music

Guest_Randy

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2005, 09:01:35 AM »
Reality,

I never saw this post -- have no clue when you posted it but I wasn't "ignoring it."

I had never heard of Avril Lavigne until reading your post -- you need to remember that I teach voice and correct singing and pop don't usually go well together.  There are only a few singers out there who sing properly -- some do some things better than others but most do almost everything wrong.

Avril, from the little I listened to, does some things right (frontal placement rather than singing in the back of her throat) but it's pretty obvious she doesn't have great diaphragmatic support and there's a lot of tension (for several reasons) in her voice.  Of course, people who want to make it in the music industry today don't sing correctly -- most people don't want to listen to people singing correctly.  You CAN sing correctly and sing a lot of different styles but usually it sets you apart and it isn't what most people enjoy.  For instance, Whitney Houston is one of the better singers when it comes to singing correctly (she's close) but most don't want to listen to her either.  Today's popular singers seem to be more 'breathy' than not and you won't find vocal teachers teaching that.

As for a vocal teacher -- honestly, I forgot exactly what I posted before but most vocal teachers (who are properly trained -- there are a TON of vocal teachers out there who are teaching simply because they have been singing all their lives -- that's like hiring a mechanic to overhaul your engine simply because he has worked on his own car in his garage) teach correctly -- but there are two schools of thought in vocal teaching -- frontal placement and back placement.  Personally, my definition of singing is "sustained speech" and that means your placement when you sing is the same as when you speak -- simply sustained via the diaphragm.  For instance, take the three tenors -- Pavarotti, Domingo and Carreras -- here are three widely successful opera singers with three totally different placements -- Pavarotti is a frontal placement singer (i.e. IMO, has great expression, greater understanding of words and greater control of volume), Carreras is the complete opposite (rear [back of the mouth] placement which results in a "covered" sound that lacks expression, is more difficult to understand words and doesn't allow as much volume control, Domingo is a hybrid -- he is between the two in placement).  A lot of this goes to placement and where you teach (or are taught) -- different schools have different schools of thought.  Thankfully, most are teaching frontal placement today.  

If you really are looking for a vocal teacher to teach you properly, go in and ask them about placement and the mechanics of singing correctly.  Ask them to model the difference between frontal and rear "placement" of the voice -- then judge for yourself.  IMO, frontal placement allows for individualism (actually sounds more like the person) but there are schools who want everyone to try and make the same sound rather than having to blend voices -- I'm not a proponent of that thought.

Hope that helps.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2005, 10:09:15 AM »
That was gay.  

Get a room.

Funny coincidence (sic?), I just heard a Howard Stern segment where he had the "God hates fags" lady on.  She is truely a sad person.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 10:09:30 AM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"