Author Topic: ray allen is crying again...  (Read 2661 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
ray allen is crying again...
« on: March 31, 2005, 06:01:25 PM »
Ray Allen Lashes Out At Spurs' Bowen Again
Wire Reports
Thursday, March 31, 2005

According to a report in the San Antonio Express-News, Mike Monroe says Ray Allen was in a petulant mood after being held to 6-for-17 shooting by one of the NBA's best defenders, Brice Bowen.

Last season, Allen said Bowen played "sissy basketball."

Wednesday night, according to the report, Allen said Bowen doesn't play basketball at all.

"I don't know what he does," Allen said. "They put him out there to throw punches and throw elbows. I don't know what he's doing. That's not basketball that he plays."

Bowen responded by saying the truly great players take their licks and work on ways to outplay their defenders.

"I've never heard the great ones say anything like that," Bowen said. "You never heard Michael Jordan say: '(New York Knicks guard) John Starks doesn't play basketball, or the Pistons don't play basketball.' John Starks might have gotten physical with him, but what did Michael do? He went and hit the gym hard and continued to play."

Imagine what might be in store if these two teams meet in the playoffs.

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

rickortreat

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 06:23:46 PM »
Too bad.  This attitude is what keeps Ray Allen from being mentioned in the smae sentence as the other stars in the NBA.

Bruce Bowen allways does a good job of getting in an offensive players way.  If he was doing anything illegal the refs would have called a foul.

Ray needs to grow up.  Good offensive players find a way to be effective even when they're having problems shooting.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 12:41:46 AM »
Is Bruce Bown physical? Yes.  Does Bruce Bowen get away with more than others because he is a good defensive player and has that rep? Yes.  Does that mean he doesnt play basketball? No.

This league is getting more and more sissy by the year.  Those "fouls" that Allen is crying about wouldnt even get the refs to think about blowing the whistle 10 or so years ago.  These players are frickin babies now!  Bowen plays hard and since this game is suppose to be physical, he plays physical.  That's exactly what all good defenders do.  They get physical and they frustrate players.  ALL the great defenders have played that way.  When you are playing guys like Ray Allen who are cotton candy soft you get physical with em.  When Bowen plays a Kobe Bryant or a TMac he has a different approach to guarding them.  Im sure Bowen plays VC the same exact way, yet he doesnt complain.

Not only does Allen's attitude cripple him but his inability to play thru a game with some tough physical play cripples him.  Notice he doesnt attack the rim with force like he is able to do?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

rickortreat

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 09:45:44 AM »
Exactly.  Does AI cry when they knock him to the floor?  Does he stop going inside?  NO!

He picks himself up and does it again.  He may bitch at the refs, but he should get a foul called when he gets knocked to the ground.  He may go to the line more than anyone else, but he also gets fouled more than anyone else, including Shaq.  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 09:53:02 AM »
...including Shaq.
W
R
O
N
G
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

rickortreat

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 11:08:39 AM »
Why don't you watch AI and count how many times he gets clipped running down the lane?

Not counting ticky-tack little fouls either.

He doesn't get half the calls he's legitimatly entitled to, and as far as El Grando is concerned, he fouls half the time he posts up.  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2005, 11:18:31 AM »
Why don't you watch AI and count how many times he gets clipped running down the lane?

He doesn't get half the calls he's legitimatly entitled to, ...
Why don't you watch how many times Shaq gets fouled REBOUNDING?  Does AI even know you can rebound in a basketball game, he would probably learn if he went to practice.

...and as far as El Grando is concerned, he fouls half the time he posts up.
Your weak point gets weaker with this quote, something a child would do to deflect the argument.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Guest_Randy

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2005, 12:31:42 PM »

He doesn't get half the calls he's legitimatly entitled to, and as far as El Grando is concerned, he fouls half the time he posts up.
Rick,

I do like your postings except in two areas:  politics and the Sixers -- IMO, you go WAY overboard in both of those areas.  

Let's see:
     Dalembert is worth more than Amare Stoudamire (and a legit superstar in the making -- even though he can't dribble the ball, can't shoot the ball, can't catch the ball and makes REALLY bad decisions with the ball).
     AI gets fouled more than anyone else in the league!

Hmm, perhaps if you step away from the computer and shake your head profusely, it might help!   :bounce:  

Guest_Randy

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2005, 12:32:58 PM »
Do you think that Zeke would take George, Medvenkenko and Mihm for Malik Rose and Kurt Thomas?  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2005, 01:01:10 PM »

Well, since A.I. sort of dominates ball control with the Sixers, I suppose he is going to get clipped frequently going into the lane.

Sometimes he won't be getting the call either.

Rick - WATCH THE FRICKIN NBA GAMES!!!!. Do you have any sort of a clue as to how often players on EVERY NBA team go into the lane and complain they do not get calls? Because of who he is, Iverson gets that call about three or four times a game more often then, say, a Mike Bibby gets the call. I could certainly live with that ratio, if it were reversed.

Iverson also gets really favorable calls go his way more frequently as well. Watching him dribble the ball off his foot and out of bounds, yet being awarded possession is one that I really have to admire. How the refs can do that as often as they do is something for Ripley's Believe it or Not.

Palming the ball, travelling. No other player can achieve the same level of non-calls as Iverson seems to get.

Yes, if only the refs actually called the games completely fairly. Iverson would be getting six to eight more foul shots a game, but his team would lose possession due unforced Iverson turnovers by up to twenty times a games.

Maybe we should not complaineth too much?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

rickortreat

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2005, 01:28:34 PM »
I DO watch the games.  I've seen A.I. more than the others, living in Phila. but I've also seen plenty of Shaq and the others.  

AI gets fouled more than any other player.  That's a fact.  He goes to the line more than any other player.  Isn't is reasonable to belive that he doesn't get all the calls to go his way?  IMO, the refs get tired of calling fouls when AI gets hit.

He also has a lot of turnovers- too many and a good number of them are his fault.  He makes bad passes and bad decsions- he was particularly bad in the game against the Kings and the game against the Suns.

And, I never said Dalembert was better than Stoudemire.  Dalembert will never be as good as Amare as a ball player.  But Amare is a little undersized to play center, and Dalembert is the right size.  Since Centers are more rare, and necessary to winning a title, some teams would consider him more valuable than Amare.  Especially teams that already have good PF's like Dallas.  

Guest_Randy

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2005, 01:34:30 PM »
And, I never said Dalembert was better than Stoudemire. Dalembert will never be as good as Amare as a ball player. But Amare is a little undersized to play center, and Dalembert is the right size. Since Centers are more rare, and necessary to winning a title, some teams would consider him more valuable than Amare. Especially teams that already have good PF's like Dallas.

Rick, Rick, Rick -- your logic just makes ZERO sense -- you are saying that because Amare is 1" shorter than Dalembert, Dallas would rather have Dalembert than Amare -- umm, you want to make that phone call to Cuban or should I?  It doesn't make ANY difference how tall you are -- it makes a difference how GOOD you are!  Dalembert is a good rebounder and team defender -- but his offense is deplorable!  You just can't see why you are wrong here even though nobody in the world agrees with you (INCLUDING the Sixers).  

rickortreat

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2005, 01:40:25 PM »
I think Dalembert would be a better fit in Dallas, especially since he doesn't demand the ball much.  It would be hard for Dallas to find enough shots for both Nowitsky and Amare.

The Sixers have had ample opportunity to trade Sam, but have refused.  If the Suns were to offer Amare they'd be crazy not to take the trade, but no-one has offered anywhere near a player like that.  Why do you think that is?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2005, 02:33:41 PM »
I watched Dalembert play against the Kings, and he just about killed us. If the arguement here is that he is not as good as Stoudamire, or his equal, I would have to say he is a damned good player who should be recognized as such, whether or not he is as good as Stoudamire is not important.

But if Stoudamire was in Philly with Iverson and Dalibert in Phoenix with Nash, maybe Dalembert gets consideration for the all star team as well and Stoudamire gets credit for being a damned good player.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2005, 04:14:14 PM »
yeah, so we all agree that Allen is a wuss for crying over fouls, right? :rolleyes:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.