Author Topic: Robots  (Read 4562 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Robots
« on: March 13, 2005, 12:29:33 PM »
Robots
Superb graphics.  Hollywood has done it again, taking graphics to new better places.  Creative storyline.  Seeing the trailers i worried that Robbin Williams character "Fender" would be Robbin in way overblown mode.  However his hype fits his part as Fender so it's a good cast.

Mr Bigwelds appearance and role is an obvious artistic plagiarism from Monsters Inc charachter CEO Henry J. Waternoose, (W.O.W. see if you and graphics friend agree) but in this day and age so many movies have already been made -so what if a good plagiarism is made.

Plotline was very good.  The ending could have been much warmer maybe even tearjerker, but they wanted to keep it in comedy mode.  So it ends a lot like Shrek2, with all the rollercoaster fanfare.  Not that it wasn't a warm happy ending.
The dancing and music is funny, just like when Shrek 1 ended.

I don't know if you are all too jaded to see it and you still disgust me for not taking your little ones to see Racing Stipes, but on to something you are into:

New Star Wars:  Fair warning, they are showing tons of scenes in the trailer.  Graphics look outstanding, i know Lucas wanted this to be his legacy and thus alleges to have pulled all the stops graphicwise, so...

Did he spend enough time on the actors and acting, like he did NOT do in the last 'Wars?  Can't tell exactly from the trailers, but it appears so.  However they don't show much from the teenage punk who bombed last time so you can't tell.
I did not see Natalie Portman either, altho i think shes in the new one.

I'm not a 'Wars geek like you'all but something is gonna come down that never has before, at least it sounded like it.  The Chancellor telling JediDude "No Jedi ever has or ever will acquire such power" or somesuch.  Jedi responding by asking "But how do i get these powers".
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 02:49:15 PM by Reality »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Robots
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 12:04:16 PM »
Robots
Superb graphics.  Hollywood has done it again, taking graphics to new better places.  Creative storyline.  Seeing the trailers i worried that Robbin Williams character "Fender" would be Robbin in way overblown mode.  However his hype fits his part as Fender so it's a good cast.

Mr Bigwelds appearance and role is an obvious artistic plagiarism from Monsters Inc charachter CEO Henry J. Waternoose, (W.O.W. see if you and graphics friend agree) but in this day and age so many movies have already been made -so what if a good plagiarism is made.

Plotline was very good.  The ending could have been much warmer maybe even tearjerker, but they wanted to keep it in comedy mode.  So it ends a lot like Shrek2, with all the rollercoaster fanfare.  Not that it wasn't a warm happy ending.
The dancing and music is funny, just like when Shrek 1 ended.

I don't know if you are all too jaded to see it and you still disgust me for not taking your little ones to see Racing Stipes, but on to something you are into:

New Star Wars:  Fair warning, they are showing tons of scenes in the trailer.  Graphics look outstanding, i know Lucas wanted this to be his legacy and thus alleges to have pulled all the stops graphicwise, so...

Did he spend enough time on the actors and acting, like he did NOT do in the last 'Wars?  Can't tell exactly from the trailers, but it appears so.  However they don't show much from the teenage punk who bombed last time so you can't tell.
I did not see Natalie Portman either, altho i think shes in the new one.

I'm not a 'Wars geek like you'all but something is gonna come down that never has before, at least it sounded like it.  The Chancellor telling JediDude "No Jedi ever has or ever will acquire such power" or somesuch.  Jedi responding by asking "But how do i get these powers".
Loved Robots, took the kids to see it yesterday, but Hell I would go see it again - love that Armpit noises scene I LMAO!!  As far as Graphics go, I thought they were good, nothing to write home about - I mean the domino scene in Mr Bigwelds House was pretty cool, other than that it all seemed pretty standard.  I AM interested to see the preview for the New ICE AGE 2 movie - there should be more room for noticeable graphics in that movie just becuase of the environment they will be placing the characters in.

As for the Star Wars trailer, there must be different versions, I saw one that was also Long but did show Portman talking to Anikan.  the trailer has to be the most THRILLING teaser yet for that movie.  If anyone was bored or dissapointed with EP I or II - this film looks to make up for ALL of that and THEN SOME.  the Chancellor is threatenned by Mace Windu and the rest of the Jedi Council as they come to place him under "Arrest" - he faces Mace says something evil, and then draws his own sabre against Mace and like 5 other Jedi's!!  The trailer does seem to make it clear that the Council knows the Chancellor is something other than what he appears to be in public as they are talking about how they are worried about his influence on Skywalker.  The trailer shushed EVERYONE in the theatre - the rest of the teasers we saw all had talking going on in the back ground.  This episode looks fantastic!!  Can't wait until it comes out.  This is a MUST see IMO.

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Robots
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 09:39:02 PM »
here is the link to the star wars trailer, open url in quicktime.

http://pdl.stream.aol.com/aol/us/moviefone...alob_480_dl.mov
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Robots
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 02:10:14 PM »
Saw Robots and it was pretty good, my kids and wife loved it.

Star Wars III looks AWESOME with a capitol GEEK!

Willy Wonka and the Cholate factory looks like a definate flick I'll catch.  Tim Burton directing and Johnny Depp in the lead, looks like a winner.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Robots
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 02:48:10 PM »
Yeah, I can't wait for SW.  I'm a geek and I'll admit it.

This movie has the potential to save the disasters that are the last 2.  Early footage certainly looks good.

rickortreat

Robots
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 05:03:06 PM »
The movie looks to be a great one, but the plot is pretty dark, as Annakin is lured to the Dark Side.  

One wonders why Lukas decided not to start at the beggining of the series.  We already know how it ends.  

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Robots
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2005, 09:12:35 AM »
Saw Robots and it was pretty good, my kids and wife loved it.

Star Wars III looks AWESOME with a capitol GEEK!

Willy Wonka and the Cholate factory looks like a definate flick I'll catch.  Tim Burton directing and Johnny Depp in the lead, looks like a winner.
isnt it "charlie and the chocaolate factory"?  I thought they changed the name for this movie..but yeah, tim burton looks to have really outdone himself on this.  

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Robots
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2005, 09:14:50 AM »
The movie looks to be a great one, but the plot is pretty dark, as Annakin is lured to the Dark Side.  

One wonders why Lukas decided not to start at the beggining of the series.  We already know how it ends.
rick - I think i know why lucas decided not to start with series 1 and 2.....ust look at how boring the films were, I mean, I know it was build up...but 1 and 2 were not that great compared to the other movies...3 though looks to make up for all of that AND THEN SOME!   B)  :cheers:  

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Robots
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2005, 09:21:34 AM »
I don't think the story of the prequels would have the same pull if they were released first.  I think by this point people would have lost interest.  I wouldn't care about anakins story if I didn't know what anakin would become.

rickortreat

Robots
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2005, 10:24:09 AM »
Maybe, but remember you were expecting stories to top the episodes with Luke becomming a Jedi, when you already had ideas about the force.  

There was no reason to go into it to such an extent in the later episodes, but if these came out first, they could have spent more time, developing Annakin's growth as a child  becomming a Jedi.

The last two episodes were clearly underpar, inspite of superior graphics. Ewen McGregor, was no Alec Guiness.  And Annakin himself left a lot to be desired.

But consider how it would have been if you saw it from the begging, done with more of the panache of the original movie.  You'd have had Annakin for a hero, and then had your heart ripped out as he turned into Darth Vader.  The build up to Luke becomming a Jedi under the rule of the evil empire would have been even more inspiring with that background in your mind.    

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Robots
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2005, 11:04:51 AM »
Yeah, it could have worked.

Although the whole "Luke, I am your father" thing would have lost a tremendous amount of impact.

But luke staying from the darkside would have been more powerful, as will Anakins redemption at the end have been.

I think it could go either way.  I think having ep1-3 first could have worked, but now how they were made now.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Robots
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2005, 03:24:09 PM »
Yeah, it could have worked.

Although the whole "Luke, I am your father" thing would have lost a tremendous amount of impact.

But luke staying from the darkside would have been more powerful, as will Anakins redemption at the end have been.

I think it could go either way.  I think having ep1-3 first could have worked, but now how they were made now.
I just watched Pulp Fiction last night and got psyched to atch Samuel L Jackson whip some womp rat mutha******g *ss, just waiting for the line, "YEAH I HOPE THE SITH DIE, AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELLLLLLLLL!"

rickortreat

Robots
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2005, 04:26:47 PM »
I loved that movie.  Pulp Fiction is a true classic and the quintisential Tarrantino flick.  Over the top in a lot of ways, I loved the way he presented the movie out of time sequence.

You knew it was going to be cool as soon as you heard the opening music.  (What kind of style is that called anyway?)  And when she says, "I love you hunny bunny, and then okay muthaf@ers....

Still some very gross stuff in that movie.

Favorite character: Butch.  Loved the scene with Christopher Walken.  And the traffic accident scene was pure brilliance.

Samuel Jackson shined in that move, far far more than he did in S.W.  

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Robots
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2005, 12:03:12 PM »
Guys, a little historical info for you.

The original version of Star Wars was NOT called Episode 4. The original movie was intended to be a stand alone, with a possibility of a sequel. Lucas actually had quite little control over the content of the original. The studio dictated a lot of what was going to happen. Only when Stars Wars was re-released pending the release of Empire Strikes Back was it called Episode 4. Lucas didn't even come up with the six episode concept until he decided to make Empire Strikes Back, which he financed completely with his own money.

X3, about Mace Windu, I have some bad news. He's going down . . . yeah . . . he's going down hard.

The only person burning in Revenge of the Sith is Anakin.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Robots
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2005, 12:20:54 PM »
Ted,

Try adding the line "SPOILER ALERT" before you shoot your stinking pie hole off!

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"