Author Topic: Trade rumors . . .  (Read 777 times)

Guest_Randy

Trade rumors . . .
« on: February 22, 2005, 01:37:26 PM »
There have been many trade rumors proffered in the press lately -- most without a shred of truth (or proof) to them -- you know, Peter Vecsey style!

Boozer going to LA for Butler, George and Vlade -- zero truth to this one, it seems.  A rumor brought to light by the comments of Miller on Boozer -- however, the only person who talked about this trade were the guys who made it up (and the people who passed it along).  Neither club even talked about this trade.

Peja and Bobby Jax for Odom -- this trade HAS been mentioned -- with both sides stating that they gave the veto.  In fact, management even contacted Peja's agent to tell him a trade might be coming down.  It's obvious that SacTown would rather jettison Webber (who has a huge contract but lacks the health [as well as heart] to carry a team anywhere) but no one is interested in that contract.

I see that Baron Davis is now being shopped -- it seems that NO knows that Baron isn't happy and they are less than happy with his large contract and the fact that he is always hurt.  Most seem to think that Davis will be moved.

Another rumor -- SAR for Michael Redd -- wow, would this be great for Portland or what?  Redd doesn't seem to be too interested in signing for Milwaukee except for the max, something the Bucks don't want to give to a player who is a great shooter but face it, SG's are a dime a dozen in this league and while Redd is a great shooter, he isn't a guy that is going to carry his team to a championship (the only players, IMO, who are worthy of the max).  Portland already has too many players inside and they don't need SAR -- Redd would be EXACTLY what the Blazers need.  Not sure it all works but it really makes sense for both teams, IMO.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Trade rumors . . .
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 07:07:44 PM »
I would love to get Redd.  The deal that has been thrown out is SAR and DA for Redd and KVH.  KVH then comes off after next season.  I would love that deal, assuming of course we can sign Redd.

There are some rumors of Ruben being moved to a contender, and I am all for it.  Ruben has had the best year of his career, and all the while he has been starting we are like 6-10.  Ruben's gaping holes in rebounding the ball, and turning the ball over, as well as missing FT has really hurt us.  He is also taking minutes away from some of the youngsters we need to play so we can assess their potential long term ability to stick in this league.  I really hope they can move Ruben.

I doubt NVE will be moved.  His contract has a team option for $12.5 million for next year.  That makes him an ideal guy to move in the summer, in a sign and trade.  The team that takes him on can immediately release him and get immediate cap relief.  That has a great deal more value than a contract you have to trade that doesn't end until summer.

I doubt very seriously Portland makes any moves, and if they do I really believ it won't include Damon, SAR, or NVE.  Their contracts are too large to facilitate an effective win win deal.  Ruben and DA are different stories though, and I think they could be moved.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil