Author Topic: Karl Malone to sign with the SPURS!  (Read 1118 times)

spursfan101 (allegedly)

Karl Malone to sign with the SPURS!
« on: February 11, 2005, 01:59:00 PM »
So local radio reports are staying. Looks like that will seal the fate of Malik Rose. He will be traded within a week.

sf101

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 02:20:00 PM »
WT Heck! Now reports out of Utah are saying he's going to RETIRE. I don't know what to believe now...

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 02:52:50 PM »
WT Heck! Now reports out of Utah are saying he's going to RETIRE. I don't know what to believe now...
yup looks like retirement.  good for him.  he has had a great career.

:up:

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 02:53:51 PM »
noooooooooooooo wanted to see him get a ring!!!!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 06:51:36 PM »
I agree with Koast, I would have loved to see him get a ring, I think he should sign with the Spurs.
(And I bet you guys were all wondering, "why don't he write?!",   :D  guess the movie quote)
Dan

rickortreat

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2005, 10:58:36 AM »
I wonder what made him decide to retire instead.  Still no ring.  Either SA or Houston would have been good places for him to try.

He had a great career as a player.  

Thanks for the memories, Karl.  

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2005, 11:09:17 AM »
I wonder what made him decide to retire instead.  Still no ring.  Either SA or Houston would have been good places for him to try.

He had a great career as a player.  

Thanks for the memories, Karl.
the sports casters last night said something about karl that was probably meant as an insult...yes they still have mixed feelings about him here..but they said the decision works a\out for the spurs either way.  Karl doesnt "piggyback" with the spurs to a title this season, and nobody else gets to have hi either.  I just thought "piggyback" was pretty insulting, but when you think about it.  I think that is exactly what made him retire, he didnt want to get a title just by being added in at the end of the season.  i think the man has more class and figured the best way for him to go out and get a title would be if he started the season and fought slong side tim duncan and company to earn it.....if thats the case, then he just proved he is a real class act in my eyes.

Guest_Randy

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2005, 03:12:00 PM »
I can't help but wonder if some of this wasn't in response to his discussions with Popovich.  I'm sure that Pop was pretty honest about the Mailman's playing time and while it's quite interesting that Pop would rather play a stiff like Rasho than a stud like Karl (Karl is better even at this point in his career than Rasho has ever dreamed about being).  I would have liked to see Karl go the Spurs -- it would have made a SA title a little easier on the stomach!   :nod:  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2005, 06:01:56 PM »
I can't help but wonder if some of this wasn't in response to his discussions with Popovich.  I'm sure that Pop was pretty honest about the Mailman's playing time and while it's quite interesting that Pop would rather play a stiff like Rasho than a stud like Karl (Karl is better even at this point in his career than Rasho has ever dreamed about being).  I would have liked to see Karl go the Spurs -- it would have made a SA title a little easier on the stomach!   :nod:
If the Karl of last year comes to the Spurs then ya, hes alot better than Rasho.  I would actually  :puke:  root  :puke:  for the Spu :puke:  s every night that doesnt land against the Lakers.

Honestly tho, it doesnt matter for the Spurs.  Rasho is not a scrub, he is doing something right for them or else they wouldnt be doing as well.  I assume hes on the floor quite a bit because Duncan's minutes are lowered this year.  I know the Spurs are going to take it all this year and I would like Malone to get a ring as a BIG contributor.  Maybe he felt he wouldnt be able too :shrugs:
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com