Author Topic: How is Duncan's knee?  (Read 2716 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
How is Duncan's knee?
« on: February 04, 2005, 09:27:28 AM »
Caught highlights of the game and saw TD go down holding his knee.

What's the story?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
How is Duncan's knee?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 09:43:56 AM »
He hyperextended it early in the second quarter when Butler rolled back on it.  He had xrays that were negative and played in the second half....but only 19 minutes total for the game.  Spurs don't play again until Tuesday so he will have a couple days rest.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
How is Duncan's knee?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 10:53:32 AM »
He hyperextended it early in the second quarter when Butler rolled back on it.  He had xrays that were negative and played in the second half....but only 19 minutes total for the game.  Spurs don't play again until Tuesday so he will have a couple days rest.
If he came back to play he's probably ok then.  Looked kinda scary with people falling all around him then him going down holding his knee.  
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
How is Duncan's knee?
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 11:11:46 AM »
He hyperextended it early in the second quarter when Butler rolled back on it.  He had xrays that were negative and played in the second half....but only 19 minutes total for the game.  Spurs don't play again until Tuesday so he will have a couple days rest.
If he came back to play he's probably ok then.  Looked kinda scary with people falling all around him then him going down holding his knee.
You're telling me....all those dreams of championship trophies flashed before my eyes.   B)  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
How is Duncan's knee?
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 11:45:42 AM »
Hyperextensions are no minor thing. He has to be very careful not to do it again, and it takes at least three weeks for those things to heal.

Playing basketball most every night is hardly a good way to take care of it.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
How is Duncan's knee?
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 11:51:53 AM »
Hyperextensions are no minor thing. He has to be very careful not to do it again, and it takes at least three weeks for those things to heal.

In the past the Spurs have been very carefull with TD, I wouldn't be surprised if they waited until AFTER the all star break to bring him back.  IMO that would be the smart thing to do.  I've hyperextened both knees and both elbows, one of my elbows has never been the same since.  I actually saw white, kinda like getting hit on the nuts, when it happened and then it went numb.  By that night it was hurtling like hell and the next day I didn't have the ability to bend my elbow.  The knee thing didn't seem as bad, actually didn't even feel it unless I stepped on something akwardly.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
How is Duncan's knee?
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 02:25:29 PM »

In the past the Spurs have been very carefull with TD, I wouldn't be surprised if they waited until AFTER the all star break to bring him back.  IMO that would be the smart thing to do.  I've hyperextened both knees and both elbows, one of my elbows has never been the same since.  I actually saw white, kinda like getting hit on the nuts, when it happened and then it went numb.  By that night it was hurtling like hell and the next day I didn't have the ability to bend my elbow.  The knee thing didn't seem as bad, actually didn't even feel it unless I stepped on something akwardly.
I hyperextended my elbow playing basketball. I got undercut going up for a block and the guy went into my legs and flipped me. Landed with my arm extended and ...... I would rather not describe the sound my elbow made as it pop in the wrong direction.

Short story, my arm turned black (not black and blue, but solid black) from my wrist to my shoulder. I had my arm in a sling for three weeks and the doctor who treated it (a team sports doctor, fortunately) told me that as nasty as it was, it will be fine eventually.

He was right.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
How is Duncan's knee?
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 03:25:15 PM »
I think when Duncan went down we got to see exactly how much he means to this team this year........even playing less minutes than previous years.  They went from the best team in the league to battling with a team 5 games over .500.  Once he returned and blocked some shots he really got the Spurs defense running on all cylanders.  Which then in turn blew the game wide open for the Spurs. The injury is not a major or a minor injury.  Especially since it is the knee that he has a little trouble with in recent years.  I expect him to bounce back fine once he gets some rest this weekend.

Just the Spurs knowing if they need to bring Duncan in to regulate a game means the world.  They may not have to bring him in every game but its quite a nice safety net.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 03:25:45 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
How is Duncan's knee?
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2005, 12:33:56 PM »
What the.....why was he allowed to practice? :nonono:  :nonono:   Now a sprained ankle on top of the hyper knee.  I thought Butlers roll was pretty cheap.  Out of control.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1987305

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Tim Duncan missed his first game of the season Tuesday night, sitting out the San Antonio Spurs' matchup with the Charlotte Bobcats due to a sprained right ankle.

Duncan, who was injured at the end of Monday's practice, also has a hyperextended left knee. Coach Gregg Popovich said the All-Star also would miss Wednesday night's game at
« Last Edit: February 09, 2005, 12:34:38 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
How is Duncan's knee?
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2005, 04:00:38 PM »
What the.....why was he allowed to practice? :nonono:  :nonono:   Now a sprained ankle on top of the hyper knee.  I thought Butlers roll was pretty cheap.  Out of control.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1987305

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Tim Duncan missed his first game of the season Tuesday night, sitting out the San Antonio Spurs' matchup with the Charlotte Bobcats due to a sprained right ankle.

Duncan, who was injured at the end of Monday's practice, also has a hyperextended left knee. Coach Gregg Popovich said the All-Star also would miss Wednesday night's game at
Im sure Duncan being the kind of player he is told Pop he was alright when really he knew he wasnt 100%.  Still, Pop should have just had him sit anyways to be safe.  Does Tim Duncan really need to practice every single night?  The guy could write a book on basketball fundamentals.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
How is Duncan's knee?
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2005, 04:46:29 PM »
Does Tim Duncan really need to practice every single night?  The guy could write a book on basketball fundamentals.
Yeah, right.  Have him pull an Iverson and then see how much love he gets from you Laker fans.   :moon:

Duncan sat Friday, Saturday & Sunday.  He was practicing Monday because the Spurs staff felt he was okay and planned on him playing Tuesday.  He stepped on another player's foot and tweaked his ankle.  If it was the playoffs he probably would have played last night.  Back-to-back road games in February....save him for when it counts.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
How is Duncan's knee?
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2005, 05:22:31 PM »
Does Tim Duncan really need to practice every single night?  The guy could write a book on basketball fundamentals.
Yeah, right.  Have him pull an Iverson and then see how much love he gets from you Laker fans.   :moon:

Duncan sat Friday, Saturday & Sunday.  He was practicing Monday because the Spurs staff felt he was okay and planned on him playing Tuesday.  He stepped on another player's foot and tweaked his ankle.  If it was the playoffs he probably would have played last night.  Back-to-back road games in February....save him for when it counts.
Uhhh....Iverson didnt want to practice because he feels he is too good to do that.  His shooting % says otherwise.  While Duncan on the other hand doesn't have a big gapping hole in his game.    On top of that Iverson's sixers werent leading the whole league.  Duncan's Spurs are.  Of course if Duncan did pull an Iverson and started to get an attitude about having to practice I dont expect you to say anything but the most positive things about it :rolleyes:

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
How is Duncan's knee?
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2005, 06:11:29 PM »
Does Tim Duncan really need to practice every single night?  The guy could write a book on basketball fundamentals.

Uhhh....Iverson didnt want to practice because he feels he is too good to do that.  His shooting % says otherwise.  While Duncan on the other hand doesn't have a big gapping hole in his game.    On top of that Iverson's sixers werent leading the whole league.  Duncan's Spurs are.  Of course if Duncan did pull an Iverson and started to get an attitude about having to practice I dont expect you to say anything but the most positive things about it :rolleyes:
No, I would be as fair & objective as the Laker fans were with Shaq.   :D  
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
How is Duncan's knee?
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2005, 07:19:21 PM »

Just like the Spurs fans are objective about Avery Johnson?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
How is Duncan's knee?
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2005, 10:21:28 AM »

Just like the Spurs fans are objective about Avery Johnson?
And Laker fans are about Kobe's Colorado escapades?
-Moody Blues