Author Topic: Going to the game tonight.  (Read 1348 times)

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Going to the game tonight.
« on: February 01, 2005, 11:19:55 AM »
You know you've made it in your company when they give you courtside seats. Well, not quite. It seems that a Tuesday night Utah Jazz tilt against an Emeka Okafor-less Charlotte team is not interesting to all of the "important" people above. But hey, at least I get a pretty sweet dinner out of it.

Watch for me during this sure-to-be-nationally-televised blockbuster. I'll either behind one of the baskets or sitting right behind old Larry H himself. I'll try to keep him from going after any opposing players.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 11:47:08 AM »
Ted were you the 25-30 year old looking man cheering for the Jazz?

If so I saw you  :D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 11:47:21 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 12:21:17 PM »
No it's tonight.

If it's on TV I'll try to get in a fight with Gerald Wallace.

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Guest_Randy

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 12:29:48 PM »
Ted were you the 25-30 year old looking man cheering for the Jazz?

If so I saw you  :D
No, he was the guy proposing to ALL of the cheerleaders -- do you really think it's effective, Ted, to propose to all of them at once?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 01:43:59 PM »
I've seen Ted at other Jazz home games. He is the one who looks like that Jack-in-the-box guy, only with a bigger head.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 12:59:58 AM »
I saw a white guy sitting courtside....so that must have been Ted!  I mean how many white people live in Utah AND have courtside seats?

Id love to sit courtside at any NBA game.  Even if it is a Utah Jazz game  :D   How was it Ted?  
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2005, 01:49:18 PM »
It was pretty cool. I got to see Andrei make some sweet plays. I was just to the left of the hoop on one of the baselines. In the first half, Gerald Wallace, who had a nice game, came swooping in with this two-handed dunk after adjusting in mid-air to avoid Boozer or somebody (can't remember that part). But man it was a sweet dunk.

The Jazz lost. To the Bobcats . . . who didn't have Okafor. It was pathetic.

I now know the Jazz' problem. They don't have a point guard. Eisley SUCKS at running an offense. He turns his back to the rim every damn time, so he can see maybe a third of the court. So the defense knows exactly where the ball is going. Lopez was much better IMO, but he got in foul trouble. The Jazz have good young players, but outside of Kirilenko and sometimes Okur, they don't have anyone who can really move the ball.

I left with 5:30 left because i didn't want to get home at midnight. We had a nine point lead. By the time I got to my car with 3:30 left, it was tied. Sad sad sad.

Damn Carlos Arroyo and Jerry Sloan to hell.

Note: I'm not sure I have ever seen a guy play harder than AK. Unless he's setting a screen, he is constantly moving, trying to get open. And he's not just running to get open, he's going full out. When he wasn't in, the offense just totally stagnated. I can't remember how many times I could count three Jazz players standing in the corner right in front of me watching what was going on. Very poor movement. You'd never know it though by the score in the hundreds, but it was a fairly ugly game. Fun though. And the prime rib and braised lamb were pretty tasty.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 01:52:38 PM by Ted »