Author Topic: Props to SA . . .  (Read 827 times)

Guest_Randy

Props to SA . . .
« on: February 01, 2005, 11:09:30 AM »
they not only beat Seattle but put a whopping on them -- VERY convincing win.  There isn't anyone in the league, right now, who can hang with SA -- esp. in a 7 game series.  This team is playing GREAT ball on both ends of the court -- their offense (since Pop has allowed more motion and better ball movement) is VERY tough to set up for -- teams have to focus so much on TD, it is tough when Parker, Manu start moving with the ball to react.  

Great win by SA last night -- definately a statement game!

Guest_Randy

Props to SA . . .
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 11:11:43 AM »
I said that before I realized that Allen wasn't able to make the game last night -- while the Spurs did put a whopping on Seattle (and the Spurs ARE playing great ball), it doesn't reflect Seattle's true abilities without Ray.  Still don't think Seattle would have won last night but it would have been a better contest (why isn't a game like this aired on TV?).

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Props to SA . . .
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 11:36:46 AM »
I said that before I realized that Allen wasn't able to make the game last night -- while the Spurs did put a whopping on Seattle (and the Spurs ARE playing great ball), it doesn't reflect Seattle's true abilities without Ray.  Still don't think Seattle would have won last night but it would have been a better contest (why isn't a game like this aired on TV?).
Just as significant as the win is that the Spurs have been virtually injury/sickness free this season, while many of their Western rivals have had to play extended periods without key players, including when they face San Antonio. If the Spurs can continue to not lose key players the rest of the season, they should end up easily the team to beat come playoffs.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Props to SA . . .
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 06:41:34 PM »
(why isn't a game like this aired on TV?).
 :nonono:  :nod: